Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Batch & Attitude so. cali dates

Posted by IESUS 
Batch & Attitude so. cali dates
May 12, 2006 04:40PM
Blessed, so yesterday i am looking at their tour schedule and see that they are playing in laguna @ club m, then they have 5-6 days open b4 going up north again, i saw bambu w/ iba and ijahmenelik about two weeks ago their, place was wack, so i sent an email to Makeda Dred. I commented about the club and was wondering why they hav'nt been booked any where else, i also commented to her about the scene in S.D. In my opinion i think she has done a good job in bringing artist to the area, she emailed me back thanking me for my comments, then she told me that she went ahead and booked them for the 27th and 28th in S.D. I was kind of surprised to receive an email saying she booked them, everyone in the area should come out and support these bredrin cause they are the HOTTEST, the FYAH artist on the scene right now, so everyone come out lets sell it out & hotbox the wbc with batch and attitude! Blessed love!
Re: Batch & Attitude so. cali dates
May 12, 2006 04:49PM
Good Move Iesus....

Sometimes if you put just a little effort into making these things manifest, higher forces will take care of the rest.

You're in for a serious session when the SoundV.I.zion crew hits the area!! Respect, MK

May 12, 2006 05:22PM
tru, tru, great work IESUS, thats all it really teks sometimes is Ones an Ones steppin up an lettin deh voices be heard... vibing with the Ones who have the da MEANS to mek a diffrince in dem kinda situations...

I too, frum up here in Portland, suggest & URGE evryone lay down deh disillusionmint, an come to the support of this awesome reggae movement...

Rastafari bless!

* as for all da talk about various locals or whomevah, having difficulties with sistrin Makeda Dread, thats ALL hearsay! an even if it tru, can be reasoned to a positive conclusion... the issue at hand is, becas of Ones effort She has stepped up an is mekkin one of the Most Crucial reggae events come up inna area! THIS must be supported regardless of Ones n Ones previous issues... its all about UNITY, even those with opposing views, and sum diffrinces, sum perceived issues CAN JOIN IN UNITY!!!

RASTAFARI lives IN ALL A WI!!!

Post Edited (05-12-06 10:23)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 12, 2006 06:56PM
Who and how do you contact someone who is in charge of there booking ?
May 12, 2006 07:03PM
Greetings Highpraise,

If you go to the website for most bands, there will be some sort of contact information, and usually a direct contact for a booking agent or manager who makes the decisions as to when and where a band performs, and negotiates the financials.

If you are looking to get ahold of the SoundV.I.zion crew, I would suggest that you email them directly at the phone number or email address provided on the webiste: Soundvizionrecords@hotmail.com.

Its not hard to work a deal with a band, especially if they are already coming to the area. The real skill comes in packing enough bodies into the room to cover your expenses.

But thats info for a different thread. Respect, MK

May 12, 2006 07:33PM
Much thanx mlk .
May 12, 2006 08:44PM
Trinity,

I just talked with Ras Attitude yesterday and I asked him about the show in Santa Cruz the day before. He said he had a great time.

I asked if he had linked with Trinity Prod and Green Up SOund, and he said "Yes man, they is mi brethren !" Anyhow, my point is, he really had very nice things to say about you and Swami, so I wanted to pass that on. All my conversations with him have been postive, honest and humorous. I call just to see how he is doing along the way, at first I think he was wondering why I was calling, now we just love to chat for a few minutes.

So, I just wanted to point out his praises for you and his thanks for what you have done with the STX scene in Santa Cruz.

Still would love to have you down here for a weekend if time permits.

One love
eric v
May 12, 2006 08:51PM
Attitude is a good friend and lifetime member of the Green-Up Crew.

As far as the STX scene in Santa Cruz, it has been an honor and priviledge to work with these artists, and top promoters like Dan at GoodVibez to build the scene.

Thanks for the passing on the good word. Respect, MK

May 13, 2006 07:42AM
this is nice. drive down to sd on the 28th and catch this show, and then head back-up to ucla on the 29th. should be a nice trip. still wonder why no L.A. dates

We Are Creatures Of Love, and Victims Of Hate.
Ziggy Marley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login