Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

could it be?

Posted by dirtweed 
could it be?
May 17, 2006 09:36PM
so the u.s. of a. is building a fence around the country and patrolling it with national guardsmen.....am i the only one who thinks its to keep us all in here rather than keeping people out?

Re: could it be?
May 17, 2006 09:50PM
If you're from Thirld World country, Im sure you'd know right answer.
May 17, 2006 09:54PM
Bush is such an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A BIG IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 17, 2006 10:03PM
prolly to keep us in. i have never been out of hte country and am 33.

if you ever notice while at the beach there is mad sherriffs patrolling all around..

We Are Creatures Of Love, and Victims Of Hate.
Ziggy Marley
May 17, 2006 10:18PM
which side of the border is the line forming on? that could be a clue.

and yes he is, 420, honey, but we elected him. twice.

well depending on your exact definition of "elected" of course.

and perhaps the word "we" is open to some interpretation as well.

>i have never been out of hte country and am 33

thats sad. go get a passport and see what youre missing.

one love
jah bill
May 17, 2006 10:43PM
jb welda..I'm glad you qualified that statement.Yes this country did vote for him -twice!! Stupid twice don't you know!! And his base of 29% is still solidly behind him. Unreal. SO...What do people think about the National Guard patrolling our borders?
May 17, 2006 10:49PM
I think we should just assume Mexico. Burn out the borders, build up the bridges.
May 17, 2006 10:53PM
Honestly, I hate bush at least as much as anyone else, but border security is probably the only policy of his I support. Now, the fense idea may not be the right way to go...
May 17, 2006 11:02PM
"border security is probably the only policy of his I support."

Why is that B_kel? Last time i checked, NONE of the people involved in 9-1-1 got into this country by our southern border. And if it's illegal immigration you are interested in stemming, the solution is really simple. EMPLOYER SANCTIONS. 99%+ of theIllegals that come into this country come here for only 1 reason: TO WORK. Make it impossible to hire illegals, and NOT ONLY will you stop the influx of undocumented aliens, all the ones that are here (I've heard 10-12 million) will leave.....
May 17, 2006 11:10PM
the whole immigration issue is another red herring the bush administration has thrown out to occupy our minds so we don't think about all the illegal activities being conducted by his regime (illegal surveillance, collusion with oil companies to keep prices high, etc) not to mention, which i just did, his general incompetence. his hope in creating this diversion is to boost his approval rating and make it appear that he is doing something, anything in his role as prezident. would someone please give this man a blowjob so we can impeach him?

May 17, 2006 11:16PM
Daniel wrote:

> Make it impossible to hire illegals,
> and NOT ONLY will you stop the influx of undocumented aliens,
> all the ones that are here (I've heard 10-12 million) will
> leave.....

...and American society will crumble under a pile of unwashed dishes, unpicked fruits and vegetables, unwashed cars, uncut lawns, and unbuilt houses. American hypocrisy at its very finest!

Peace,
-RV
May 17, 2006 11:20PM
The companies/institutions and individuals hiring "illegals" are not EVEN paying minimum wages .And what about the big holes in our Canadian borders where the terrorists slip -slide into this country....good point Daniel....not a word I believe...why is that???
May 17, 2006 11:25PM
>...and American society will crumble under a pile of unwashed dishes, unpicked
>fruits and vegetables, unwashed cars, uncut lawns, and unbuilt houses.
>American hypocrisy at its very finest!

i doubt it. more likely we will get off our lazy a$$es and do it ourselves. or decide an uncut lawn isnt the most horrible thing in the world.

but i was going to add that to say this is bush's policy is overestimating the guy. hes just parrotting what hes been told will get him votes, not that he has necessarily needed legitimate votes before.

one love
jah bill
May 17, 2006 11:36PM
ive been hearing bout this wall ever since i was a kid- and my mother heard about this when she came to this country in the 70s. if this wall was ever going to be built- it would have been done 3 time over already. i personaly dont think this will happen. i do belive illegal imigration is out of control- but setting up a big communist wall isnt a solution either. the mexican govt. is corupt down to the core. adressing that would be a good start.
one love-juan love
May 18, 2006 12:11AM
420 Honey said: "The companies/institutions and individuals hiring "illegals" are not EVEN paying minimum wages"

Really, from what authority did you get this information. I personally work with a number of illegal immigrants and they all make at least minimum wage and most of them make well over that.
May 18, 2006 12:18AM
As far as building a wall goes, fine go ahead and build a wall if you want. But know that people are still going to come here legally or illegally as long as the hope of a better life exists.
May 18, 2006 12:44AM
rastaman vibration said: "...and American society will crumble under a pile of unwashed dishes, unpicked fruits and vegetables, unwashed cars, uncut lawns, and unbuilt houses. "

Thats a complete pile of horses**t. I live in humboldt county, which has a very low number of illegal immigrants in its work force. Somehow - all that stuff you listed gets done. In my relatively racially homogenous county, its mostly poor white kids that do the crappy work. And still I know people who need work. I am one of those legal white people who builds the houses and picks the vegetables. I moved sheetrock, swept and cleaned construction sites, and every other filthy and body- destroying construction job you can think of for nearly two years, in order to become the skilled worker I am today. And as I move up, there are plenty of poor legal citizens who would love to get paid slightly more than minimum wage to be a construction laborer.

May 18, 2006 12:57AM
Calireggae...from the people who live next door to me.They work for companies under the table for little money..several people live in one home to help pay rent,etc.,and the rest they save to send home. THAT'S where.Plus I work for a County hospital and get told that all the time.So you know a different kind of population than me!
May 18, 2006 01:04AM
I believe, Don, that the operative word in your missive is the word "poor". If I understand you correctly, the bottom line is that if we prevent *their* poor from coming over the border, that will give *our* poor the opportunity to fill their sabatos.

I wonder why they have to leave before that happens?

A wall, inspired by racist policies, isn't gonna solve the problem, it's justice the people want.

Peace,
-RV
May 18, 2006 01:37AM
> Make it impossible to hire illegals,
> and NOT ONLY will you stop the influx of undocumented aliens,
> all the ones that are here (I've heard 10-12 million) will
> leave...

er, not really. It's not as if all these people who are now scattered all over the country will (or can afford to) just pack up & walk or drive out. They will no doubt be forced to go even further underground, and to resort to activities more illegal than unauthorized labor in order to survive. We would be creating a criminal class of people...
May 18, 2006 02:00AM
You think so herb? To be honest, it would be really hard to crack down on ALL employers. There will always be the "domestic workers" like nannies, maids and garden workers who mostly get paid cash, under the table (just like i did when i raked and mowed lawns and shuffled snow as a child). And then there is the criminal field of employment for which no green card is required. So YES, there will probably always be some undocumented workers, BUT

The majority of undocumented workers i know are latinos that still have close ties to their families in Mexico and Nicaguaga (whom they assist financially). None of these people (who earn far more than minimum wage) would be willing to become nannies, gardeners, maids or criminals in order to remain here. Sure, some would stay but most would leave if there was no opportunities for them to gain employment from a business.

420, where do you live and what kind of work do your neighbors do for which they are paid less than minimum wage?
May 18, 2006 02:08AM
Redwood City...labor,all kinds of labor.
May 18, 2006 02:43AM
For less than minimum wage? I'm finding that one a little hard to fathom.

Do you know that or are you merely presuming it from the number of heads living in the same dwelling?
May 18, 2006 02:48AM
rastaman vibration - Your reading more into my post than I wrote - so let me clarify my view. I simply think its incorrect to believe that our society would crumble without illegal immigrants.

I dont know much about economics or anything at all for that matter, but it seems to me like illegal immigrants willing to work for low wages allows employers to get away with offering lower wages for work. If there were less people in this country willing to work for 1-8 dollars an hour, wouldnt employers have to suffer a small dent in their massive earnings and pay a little better? Seems like this might go a little ways towards equalizing the totally obscene inequality of wealth in this nation. Illegal work adds to the tremendous gap between rich and poor in this country - why else would so many employers hire illegals?

I know its a simple assumption on a complicated issue, so someone explain to me how im wrong.

I dont want to see some harsh crackdown on the people already within our borders. However, I do think it would be a mistake to reward illegal actions with amnesty. My father overcame tremendous odds in order to escape romania under Nicolae Ceausescu, legally. He had nothing, he wanted something, he worked for it his whole life, and he got a visa to go to France to study in a time when no one was allowed to leave. I think if anyone wants it that bad - they can get it without having to illegally skip borders. For this reason - I do advocate strong border controlls.

May 18, 2006 02:56AM
Daniel...do you want their phone numbers?? I do talk with my neighbors you know.I also talk with the workers who eat at the store next to me. You think I am making this up?
May 18, 2006 03:13AM
No, i was just a bit amazed in that 'labourers' up here make 100.00 day or more....
May 18, 2006 05:29PM
who will build the wall? hmmm? dont we think they will leave a hole here and there to cross back and forth.
May 18, 2006 05:29PM
Raspects, Don. Allow me to also make clear that I do not believe that American society would literally crumble -- although those are exactly my words. What I meant is that, without our friends from other countries our society would suffer a major disruption.

Say that, beginning tomorrow, the government implemented their program eliminate illegal immigration. Let's also say, for the sake of discussion, that (for once) the gov't really had there act together and illegal immigration was completely halted. What's more, let's say that the Border Patrol was able to round up and deport every single undocumented worker currently in the US. Employers would be forced to hire workers who are either citizens or who hold a valid H1B visa. (I do not believe you can work, legally, on a student visa -- could be mistaken on that, though). What would be the effects on the US economy? Under-the-table employment for legal residents, while not unheard of, is difficult because of taxes. The cost of employing people would go up, due to higher liabilities for insurance and taxes -- remember that companies are not paying employment taxes for these undocumented workers either. These higher costs, if incurred, would likely be passed off to the consumer -- you and I. This would translate, I believe, into greater disparity between the haves and the have-nots -- and convert those who are barely "haves" into the "have-nots". Also, the federal deficit will grow larger, as the government will incur greater expenses for militarizing the border, enforcing immigration laws, building and maintaining the wall. This all translate -- sooner or later -- higher taxes, further squeezing the taxpayer. Something will have to give.

Peace,
-RV
May 18, 2006 05:53PM
Daniel sey: 99%+ of theIllegals that come into this country come here for only 1 reason: TO WORK. Make it impossible to hire illegals, and NOT ONLY will you stop the influx of undocumented aliens, all the ones that are here (I've heard 10-12 million) will leave.....
..............................................................................................

Nobodys leaving..."Guest" workers, if we have such a program,will not be leaving.
People from Mexico are better off in this country unemployed or under-employed then living in Mexico working for $20 a day. And they know it. Repeat after me, nobody is/will be leaving.

The illegal work force is estimated at 7 million, so there are 5 million that came to this country and are not working. That doesnt include the children of illegals who are born here.
May 18, 2006 06:59PM

but we elected him

speak for yourself, welda

May 18, 2006 09:22PM
"The illegal work force is estimated at 7 million, so there are 5 million that came to this country and are not working. That doesnt include the children of illegals who are born here."

Please show me evidence that 5/12th of the illegals in this country don't work....

And while you are at it, do you consider 'the children of illegals who are born here' to also be illegals in spite of the fact that they are US citizens???
May 18, 2006 09:22PM
"These higher costs, if incurred, would likely be passed off to the consumer -- you and I. This would translate, I believe, into greater disparity between the haves and the have-nots -- and convert those who are barely "haves" into the "have-nots". "
-RV

I have to disagree with you on an economic baisis. No illegal immigrants means labor will be in increased demand. so, yes, prices will go up. However, prices can only go up so much before sales drop off, and companies know this. Wages will also go up, and more Americans would be able to find work. I think it would actually work to make things more equal.

Sadly, however, this is just a hypothetical.

I do agree with Don Julio that if people really want to come here, they can do it legally. Many have, and it's not terrably difficult.

And Daniel, I do agree that if demand for their services were cut off (it was made harder for them to work here) they would leave/stop comming for economic reasons.

That is not going to happen any time soon, both because it would be too hard to do and because our government doesn't want to do it.
In the mean time, border security is a good band-aid. (I'm not worried about terrorists, Daniel, and it's almost insulting to my intelligence that you think I might believe that rhetoric).

The whole immigration dabate is pure economics

b_kel
May 18, 2006 09:37PM
"That is not going to happen any time soon, both because it would be too hard to do and because our government doesn't want to do it. "

Stoping the hiring of 'casual' laborers (ie. nanny, gardener etc.) by individuals would be difficult BUT stoping the hiring of undocumented workers by businesses would be easy, MUCH EASIER than building a fence. If employers were subjected to some significant sanctions for not verifying SS#s prior to hiring, the practice would cease very quickly.

I agree with you that our government doesn't want to do it. Republicans are business folks whose profits are soaring as a result of the depressing effect that undocumented workers have on wages. Democrates (who are supposed to be beholden to labour unions who universally oppose illegal immigration) are afraid that taking a stand on this matter might alienate legal immigrants, who overwhelmingly tend to vote democratic. The truth is that most legal immigrants are against illegal immigration....
May 18, 2006 10:36PM
Don't they already have a wall anyway?

Immigration Officials Beef Up U.S.-Mexican Border With Pure Beef

November 12, 1996 | Issue 30•14

EL PASO, TX—In an effort to beef up security measures along the U.S.-Mexican border, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service announced Monday that the border will soon be fortified with 1,200 miles of pure beef.

"America has drawn a line in the sand," INS official Frank Wilhelm said. "And that line is made of meat."

According to Wilhelm, the immense, 15-foot-high wall of pure beef, which will extend from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico along the Rio Grande, will make border crossing all but impossible.

"This beef will be cooked sizzling hot, so hot that it will be extremely painful to climb over," said INS chief Kent Roker. "And even if a Mexican does get across, they will be so full that they won't run far."

Just this morning, Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, resident Jorge Gutierrez, 43, a poor, unskilled laborer who had managed to successfully climb over the beef barrier, was found by Texas state troopers sitting by the side of the road, holding his belly, picking his teeth, and moaning, "Aye, caramba, am I stuffed!"

Border Patrol authorities described Gutierrez's condition as "full," adding that the would-be immigrant did not run or hide when spotted, due to sleepiness and lethargy induced by consumption of enormous quantities of beef.

Gutierrez was treated at nearby Santa Maria Hospital for indigestion and extensive second-degree grease burns; given new clothes; and then turned over to INS authorities for deportation.

Those who, unlike Gutierrez, do manage to escape are "easily tracked" by INS dog teams, specially trained to follow the scent of the spicy, mouth-watering seasonings the federal government stirs into the sizzling hot beef wall twice daily.

"This is real beef, for real Americans," INS official Ted Stake said. "Most of your foreigner types just don't have the stomach for that much hearty, lip-smacking meat, living as they do on subsistence diets of tortillas and beans."

Though the beef wall already has had an enormous effect, reducing the number of illegal entries to the U.S. by 35 percent over the last week alone, the project has not been without its costs.

"The harsh climate of the Southwestern U.S. is largely inhospitable to perishables such as the grease-slathered mounds of meat used in the beef shield," said Department of Agriculture Undersecretary Joseph Timmins. "Temperatures along the Rio Grande can reach 110 degrees in the shade on a typical afternoon, and for an operation like this, that means one thing: spoilage."

At present, the U.S. is spending over $22 billion per week to deliver massive rail shipments of fresh beef to the border three times a day. Budget constraints have necessitated the elimination of a planned $75 trillion grease trap to catch the runoff from the beef barrier's massive hot plate base. Currently, every 60 seconds, 300 tons of congealed grease are dumped directly into the Rio Grande, with environmental damage in the last week alone estimated at $759 billion.

"That much beef is a tall order," Timmins said. "But that's how we do things here in the good old U.S. of A.— big, meaty and ready to take on even the hungriest of hombres. So bring it on, illegal aliens: Let's just see if you've got the stomach to take on this much hot American beef."

Timmins concluded his remarks by holding up a forkful of ground beef, placing it next to his mouth, and smiling directly at the asssembled press, saying: "Mmm... beef!"

-The Onion

May 18, 2006 10:57PM
b_kel wrote:

> I have to disagree with you on an economic baisis. No illegal
> immigrants means labor will be in increased demand. so, yes,
> prices will go up. However, prices can only go up so much
> before sales drop off, and companies know this. Wages will also
> go up, and more Americans would be able to find work. I think
> it would actually work to make things more equal.

> The whole immigration dabate is pure economics

Raspects, b_kel.

If the demand for labor goes up, then the cost of that labor will also increase. Companies will try to pass as much of that increase on to the consumer as they can. So, you are right, prices will go up. I also agree with you that prices can only go up so far before sales start dropping. To me, this means that businesses will have to absorb the remainder of these costs, which will make these businesses less profitable. For publicly traded companies, this will impact their bottom line and their EPS and Wall St will penalize them for that. So certain companies, being less profitable, will not be able to hire as many people. As labors costs rise, less hiring will be done as companies look at ways to contain costs. Yes, wages will rise, but fewer heads will be paid those wages.

Peace,
-RV
May 18, 2006 11:02PM
diversion politricks...
May 18, 2006 11:23PM
Daniel asks: Please show me evidence that 5/12th of the illegals in this country don't work....

And while you are at it, do you consider 'the children of illegals who are born here' to also be illegals in spite of the fact that they are US citizens???
.............................................................................................

Heres the results of a study two years ago:

WASHINGTON - More than 6.3 million foreigners are working in the United States without legal authorization to be in the country, a new study shows.
That number represents 4.3 percent of the nation's work force.

Overall, illegal immigrants entering the United States now outpace those who arrive legally, according to the report released yesterday by Washington-based Pew Hispanic Center.

The report, based on the latest comprehensive population and labor data from March 2004, estimates the number of illegal immigrants living in the United States at about 10.3 million.

"And it's probably about 11 million by now," said Jeffrey Passel, the Pew researcher who wrote the report.
.............................................................................................

For your second question:

Children born in the USA are citizens automatically regardless of the immigration status of their parents. Some people refer to them as "anchor babies" but I prefer not to use that term. They are a major social cost to taxpayers in regards to health care and education, as each child in public education in California costs the state close to $10,000 each year.

Re immigration wages, the above 2004 study finds:

The average family income in 2003 for illegal immigrants in the country for fewer than 10 years was $25,700, while those who had been in the country for a decade or more earned $29,900.

May 18, 2006 11:52PM
Thanks for the 411 Rhythmwize. You gotta cite for that study, as I would be interested in reading more about that.

So do you believe that US Citizens should be denied an education and health care on account of their parent's misdoings? And what about my two nieces. They were born in Mexico to american parents, and are US citizens... Should they too be denied education and health care in this country? In Mexico?
May 19, 2006 12:12AM
That study was reported in this newspaper, [www.tucsoncitizen.com] I think there are many newer reports out...you can use google too.

Nah, if your a legal citizen you get the social services, although I would consider changing the law(magnet)that makes anyone born here a citizen. In my view, it is not fair to ask(force) taxpayers to pay for the health care and education of children of foreign nationals in the country illegally, as that just takes away money from the education of children of US citizens. Right now, you dont even have to be here legally to get a free education, limited health care, subsidized child care and subsidized housing. Sorry, our citizens come first in my view and there are only limited resouces available.

May 19, 2006 12:52AM
Thanks. Looks like 7.2 million illegal workers out of a possible 9.3 million (you can't include the children). Still a higher number of unemployed then I would have expected.

With respect to the USA, you say: "there are only limited resouces available." You are absolutely correct Ryythmwize, resources are limited. There is only so much wealth in the world. In days of old, when the King held all the land and 90% of his kingdom's wealth, his resources were also limited.

Now i am not certain if your $20.00 figure for labour in mexico is correct or not, but it's certainly consistant with the world's mean income which is about $650 PER YEAR. $650 PER YEAR. $650 PER YEAR. Yes, the resources of american's is limited, just like how the king's resources were when he bathed in his riches

When my father visited Spain about 20 years ago, he had a heart attack, and was hospitalized in Madrid for 10 days. As they wheeled him out of the hospital, he asked for his bill. They turned to him and said 'we provide health care'. He said, but i am not even spanish. They said, "our job is to take care of sick people, not just sick spaniards".

I am not an american, I am a human who happens to reside in america. If I were a doctor, I would want to heal anyone who was sick, regardless of where they came from. If I were a teacher, I would want to educate all who want to learn, regardless of where they came from.

We educate young americans in the hopes that their education will lead to their becoming more productive members of our society. Now reasonable minds can differ as to whether illegals should be allowed to enter and work in this country. But IF you live in a country which does tolerate this, and you currently do, and IF they bring their youths with them, and they currently do, and if those youths are raised in this country, and they currently do, and if those children will end up in the US work force, and then currently do, then it would make sense to me that we should educate those children as well for the exact same reason.... So they will become more productive members of our society.

Saying no foreigners - no problem by me
Saying yes to foreign labour and the cheaper labour costs associated with them, taking all their tax money and then denying them social services - big problem by me.
May 19, 2006 08:43AM
+/-1% of U.S. population ownes/controls 95% of wealth

How many years have we had tax cuts mostly benefitting the wealthy?

A tax cut = a budget shortfall

Is it coincidence that the exact amout of deficit, $15 billion, which was cut from human services, is the amount "looted" from California during the "energy crisis"?

Certainly immigrants, "legal" or "illegal", are not at the top of "liabilities" to taxpayers.

As for the "undocumented', look to offshore accounts/ tax shelters.

look to the multiple trillions missing from the pentagon

working people fighting working people helps keep the non-working out of the discussion.

check out Rumsfeld's connection to Tamiflu

or Bioport to anthrax
May 19, 2006 08:58PM
Illegal = illegal. The focus of the people should be on reforming immigration as far as guest worker passes.

On another note, last night there was a news story that said illegals may be able to receive financial aid for college soon. I would really hate to see that happen. I went through school on financial aid, but I may not have been able to if illegal immigrants were allowed to receive financial aid. What kinda crap would that have been? Illegal immigrants would have received a free education on my tax dollars while I lay waste. Not to mention that out of state students pay more in tuition and do not qualify for Cal grants. How would you feel knowing that someone who is a citizen is losing out because we gave his money to an illegal immigrant?
May 19, 2006 10:08PM
"On another note, last night there was a news story that said illegals may be able to receive financial aid for college soon."

Where did you hear that one SS? Last time I checked, you needed to supply a valid social security number in order to be eligible for financial aid. Funny how the government has no problem in denying financial aid to people without proper SS#s, but can't seem to do (really should say doesn't want to do) the same thing for employers......
May 19, 2006 10:58PM
geeze! isn't some one gonna call dirtweed on his diatribe?! How come you have to post all this political stuff on a reggae forum?!;-)

May 19, 2006 11:14PM
yo j_72 .. refer to your diatribe that i called you on. now that was a diatribe. and totally uncalled for in the context of the thread where you posted your diatribe.
take a look at what i posted. a paranoid vision maybe, not a diatribe.
but thanks for mentioning me in your petulant little post.
May 20, 2006 12:06AM
lol...I'm not above sarcasm...man I really get under your skin don't I? You get all mad about religion being brought up in a reggae forum, but you posted this political subject, that is all I was calling you on man.

Actually dirtweed, it was in perfect context. Ras Charles posted about more black people in the audience and then some one got a little defensive or so it appeared to me. Don't have time to go back to that post...taking the daughter to her softball game. Will hit you back later. But if you want to re-read the response to Ras C that I was addressing...honestly, I get tired some times of being nice about the subject. I try to be diplomatic, but time and again it seems white people get offensive when black issues are brought to the table, especially in these reggae and Rasta internet forums. This is just my observation. I am not an Afro-centric white guy, just calling it how I see it.

Peace

Post Edited (05-19-06 17:11)
May 22, 2006 05:19PM
j_72 sorry to be so late to response.....you gotta check out what started this thread. not policital but paranoid sarcasm. it did take a turn to political but at least politics have some basis in fact as opposed to fairy tale religion and the boring dialog that follows. you've gotta go back to your diatribe (its not hard to "search"winking smiley. again i will say that your rant was completely uncalled for based on the few messages that were already posted. there is nothing in any of those posts that even intimated blacks are racist or any white offensivet towards blacks that would cause you to go off like you did. hey, but no big thing.
p.s. you don't get under my skin at all. i am just a grumpy message writer.
May 22, 2006 06:46PM
Okay,

Bush is not a good president and we all know that we all hate him as much as the next person. But he got elected twice and there is nothing that we can do time is not reversible and we have to live peacefully in the circumstances we are given.

Bush obvioulsy thinks this will better our country, he wants to build a fense around the border? I think it's a very juvinile thing to do if he wants to keep his country safe why, is he still in the war sacrificing all of the americans every single day?
May 22, 2006 09:25PM
bush was never elected unless you consider electoral fraud legit... kerry woulda won the 2nd time if they woulda even bothered counting all the votes.. let alone the way they screwed all the black folks down in florida to ensure bush won there the 1st & 2nd time.. but anyway call it what u will. I will right now bet anyone real dollars that Hilary Clinton will be the next president and the election hasn't even started yet and she hasnt offically said she will run... who wants to bet me?
May 22, 2006 10:41PM
Dirtweed, if you feel it was a diatribe, then that's cool...I'm done with it man. And yes, I can be a grumpy writer also. :-)

Peace

May 23, 2006 01:28AM
Ill take that bet ganjah.
May 23, 2006 01:51AM
Put me down for a cool million.

DUB IS TOO DREAD FOR WORDS.... binghi2digi
May 23, 2006 02:12AM
I would vote for Hillary.

Peace

May 23, 2006 03:49AM
Interesting thread...various interesting posts & points...

...but above all, remember what was wisely said in one of the posts:

"working people fighting working people helps keep the non-working out of the discussion." BOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilary?! Nah... the republicans would throw Condoleza Rice ( a WOMAN + BLACK + a republican) = no chance for the sorry & sad democrats! :0)

Consciousness cover the earth...
Bless
May 23, 2006 03:53AM
The whole world is Africa, divided by nations and borders.
May 23, 2006 01:54PM

Post Edited (05-23-06 07:29)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login