Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rita Only?

Posted by J_72 
Rita Only?
May 21, 2006 04:03AM
Many, including myself, have been bashing Rita about the Familyman issue, but according to the court documents, many in the family are listed, including Bob! What are other people's thoughts about this?

Peace to the SNWMF Forum Crew, even Zoki the Serb (nice comeback btw). :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www.bailii.org]

Between:
ASTON BARRETT
Claimant

- and -

(1) UNIVERSAL-ISLAND RECORDS LIMITED
(2) UMG RECORDS INC
(3) RITA MARLEY
(4) CEDELLA ANITA MARLEY
(5) DAVID NESTA MARLEY
(6) STEPEHN ROBERT NESTA MARLEY
(7) ROHAN ANTHONY MARLEY
(8) ROBERT NESTA MARLEY
(9) KAREN SOPHIA MICHELLE MARLEY
(10) JULIAM RICARDO MARLEY
(11) BLUE MOUNTAIN MUSIC LIMITED
(12) ODNIL MUSIC LIMITED
(13) FIFTY-SIX HOPE ROAD MUSIC LIMITED
Defendants

Re: Rita Only?
May 21, 2006 04:50PM
mr. barrett is probally around people who non stop re-affirm to him that he should be getting millions of dollar's from royalties and everything and it is now showing it's effect. 500G probally sit's sour in the belly when you realize you have given away million's of future dollar's from the settlement. This was a Last Ditch effort to secure himself within his life investment, of which i feel on a personal level he more then deserve's.... It's a good thing he is a kind man, people have murdered people for less...not being sarcastic this time.
May 21, 2006 05:11PM
I expect nothing from the Widow Marley, other than her life-work of avarice
and intrigue(there would be one hell-of-a novel or movie to be made on the history
between Bob & Rita, including her schemes to control the estate and legacy after his passing) . However, it would heighten my respect for the children of Bob if Stephen and the others made an out-of-court effort to do the Just, if not Legal
thing in regards to Fam.

And to many on this board who perhaps have come to this quite sordid
story late, and wonder why people such as myself villify this woman, I can only say
not even half the story has been(lately) told. The runnins' relating to Bob and
his estate since the early 80s is so ugly that I can think of nothing to compare it to,
in regards to any artist and what unfolded after their demise.

I ain't tellin' yuh no lie.
May 21, 2006 06:06PM

I've had cases aginst me in the past where they listed it as Prosecution vs John Does 1-50. When it comes to money, attornies just list everyone they can...

-Daddy Spleece

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]
May 21, 2006 07:38PM
Original Wailers Reunion Tour

The original Wailers Band including Peter Tosh, Bob Marley, Carleton Barrett will again be taking to the stage on a wide ranging tour. The Wailers, originally from a small planet called Urth out on the edge of a typical galaxy known to you as the Milky Way, will be touring places presently beyond your comprehension. The tour is being called ‘Survival.’

A host of opening acts will include: Louis Armstrong, Dennis Brown, Augustos Pablo, Mario Lanza, Prince Far I, Curtis Mayfield, Justin Hinds, Marvin Gay, Hugh Mundel, Garnet Silk and many more to numerous to name. MC duties will be handled by Richard Prior.

The Wailer’s repertoire for the Survival Tour will include their well known favorites as well as many amazing new songs inspired by their recent travels and teachers. The Wailers also wish it to be known that they will be coming with an expanded philosophy and cosmology. So, no matter how fixed you are in any spiritual outlook, name-brand or otherwise, don’t expect the same old same old.

Disney will not be a corporate sponsor or in any way be associated with the Survival Tour, nor will there be any association with beer, cosmetic or shoe companies.

Tickets are not available at all your usual outlets. As a matter of fact this is a souled-out tour and no amount of money will get you a ticket. These are all benefit concerts and to gain admission you must prove you have faithfully participated in ‘feeding the hungry, healing the sick, clothing the naked and freeing the captives.’ ‘Live for yourself – you will live in vain – Live for others – you will live again.’

Stay tuned to the uninet for tour dates and further developments. This tour will be happening sooner than you expect.

Wake up and Live
Sistah Judith
The conquering mother-hen of 10,000 equally blessed tribes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>Author: roger steffens (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
>Date: 01-24-06 10:26
>I loved this piece, done tastefully and cleverly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>El Gato (---.cg.shawcable.net)
>Date: 01-17-06 07:32
>Wow ! The Conquering Mother-Hen of 10,000 equally blessed tribes
>That's food for thought.
>Anyways Mother-Hen I would like to put in a request that
>Mahalia Jackson and Brother Iz be on the bill

May 21, 2006 09:15PM
Papa Ray, I rememebr in '89 reading an interview with Ziggy cocnerning the estate battle. He said that he wanted nothing to do with it... "Leave it to the women" I think I remember him saying.

Peace

May 21, 2006 09:40PM

Hard to ask de yout' tuh stand against mama, even tho she do badness.
May 22, 2006 05:28PM
"The runnins' relating to Bob and his estate since the early 80s is so ugly that I can think of nothing to compare it to, in regards to any artist and what unfolded after their demise".

Papa Ray, can you elaborate?
May 22, 2006 08:22PM
1. Rita's back-dating of a purported will, forging signature of Bob Marley.

2. Rita's mis-handling and questionable acts as Bob's estate executor ,
requiring investigation by Jamaican courts, leadering to her relinquishing of
executor's role, pleading 'confusion' when questioned by court
about discrepancies.

3. Rita's efforts to turn Cedelia Marley out of the house Bob bought
for her in Miami.

4. Her rough-shod treatment of Wailers, leading to their signing over
all rights in 1994 at a time when all were in very hard financial straits.

That's a bare outline of her behavior after BM's passing. I suggest for starters
reading the Don Taylor(yes, a hustler of questionable virtue himself; but then, who bettah' to recognize a fellow con-artist??) book, 'bob Marley And Me'
May 22, 2006 08:52PM
[caselaw.lp.findlaw.com]
This is pretty dry and legalese, but gives some inkling of the duplicity and fraud involved in transferring publishing monies, etc. away from the estate and into shell companies administrated by Rita and her shysters. It's uncertain how much Rita knew about all the legal mumbo jumbo, but I'm sure the lawyers she hired translated it for her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login