Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anderson Valley Brewing

Posted by jahmission 
Anderson Valley Brewing
May 23, 2006 02:41PM
does anyone know about the brewery next to the venue? I understand there's camping on the grounds of the brewery and a frolf course. Sounds like an interesting place to stay before/after the show. And two complimentary beers after you go through the tour.
Re: Anderson Valley Brewing
May 23, 2006 05:43PM
Awesome brewery. They make some of my favorite beers. I love their Poleeko Gold and their Deep Enders Dark. They just completed their new tasting room and gift shop about two years ago. They have a great frisbee golf course.

I don't think the campground is open to the public. I think it is for brewers to camp at when they have the brewfest there in May.
May 23, 2006 06:17PM
thanks, jjlab3. the bredren and I are making this a frisbee golf trip---going to SB, SC, Ukiah, Santa Maria, and the Anderson Valley course too. hope to see you out one of the days up there with the i-dren throwing a round.
May 23, 2006 07:04PM
Jah Mission,

You're going to play at Santa Maria?? That's where I work and sometimes play after work (Live in Arroyo Grande)

Enjoy !!

One love
eric v
May 23, 2006 08:46PM
Big up to the Sierra Nevada Frolf Tour. I am getting pumped up for this trip the best lineup in years and lots of anderson valley brew. By the way Jahmission how many courses do you think we can hit on the way up we might need to save a few for the trip back. Hey eric v what is the course like in Santa Maria?
May 23, 2006 10:46PM
Eric V., If you play Waller Park in Santa Maria, definately check out the brand new course down there at Preisker Park, similar to Waller, but fewer trees (Broadway exit, right at first light-- Preisker Ln.)

Jah Mission, if you're on the 101, the best course on the central coast is at Heilmann park in Atascadero. My friends built it a few years ago for an Eagle Scout Project, it's now maintained by our local amateur club (SLO Throwers). Moderate length but extremely technical, with plenty of low ceiling shots under the oaks. Enough variety for every disc in your bag. (and then some!) Going north, take the Santa Rosa Rd. exit, take your immediate right, next left on El Camino Real, then an immediate right. I forget the last street name, but the signs for Heilmann and the public Ball-and-Stick Golf course are pretty obvious.

PDGA.Com has a national course directory with Mapquest

Anybody down for a pre-fest disc golf tourney at AVBC?? I'll be there early for sure, ready to grip and rip in the name of JAH RASTAFARI, with some OG Ishens for CTP prizes!
May 24, 2006 04:35AM
Boonvile is baddazzz beer
May 24, 2006 07:29AM
Strait, Boonville beer AND disk golf course' at the festival? All my dreams are coming true. Anyone for group sex? just kidding, hey now, whoa..
May 24, 2006 03:09PM
Dr. Lifty Lu, I have played that Atascadero course. Damn its burly. I do like the pin placements, and the variety of elevated shots. We are down for a tourney before the show or after. We have about 8 cats traveling with us for the show/frolf tour. We will be up there by thurs., leaving Wed. from S.D. (san diego). E-mail back with the specifics or post on forum for everyone. Im sure 80% of the heads at the show are part-time frolfers as well.
May 24, 2006 07:58PM
Dr Lifty Lu,

Do I know you? Or do you live in SLO county?

Funny you mention all those courses, I play both Preisker (not very often) and Waller (main course for me in Santa Maria)

I have only played the Atascadero course twice (raining both times !) but really really loved it with the low hanging canopy and whatnot.

Also there is Sinsheimer Park in SLO which was the first course I ever played, small but fun. They kinda re-did the course last year.

Good stuff guys !! I heard the course in Boonville is unique in the sense that the baskets are all random, brewery, local types of creations and the course is beautiful. I think when you pay to play the Boonville course you get a beer or two included !! But to be honest, that course will be BOMBARDED the weekend of the festival, so I think I will avoid it unfortunately.

One love
eric v
May 24, 2006 08:21PM
How about a game where the winner of each hole has to down a Boont Amber?
That should even up the odds pretty quickly...
May 24, 2006 09:25PM
In an effort to shed a little weight, I gave up drinking beer/alcohol 2 months ago.
I suspect I may be swan diving off the wagon once in Anderson valley.winking smiley
I recently took up frolfing as well so I may just have to try the course there.

Michael
May 24, 2006 09:54PM
The course in santa cruz is great.

Noticed Novato's course want mentioned nor SF's in GG park

SF's was being remodeled but might be back up now.
Novato's is cool, but lots of open space, which im not all that keen on.

But figured I mention them since they seem to be along your route.
May 24, 2006 10:38PM
May 24, 2006 10:59PM
Eric V., Nah, don't think we've met, though I suspect we have a few mutual friends in the SLO music scene.(my bro J/Gilestyle, Hippy Joe?) I used to be pretty regular at the Peach's reggae night, back when they had it on Tues. with the $2 pints. I've been up in NorCal for a few years. I really dig how the Roots are still rockin here in the face of the recent Yuppie gentrification trend. (Big Up Resination!)

I'll do my best to get up to Booneville by Thurs., but an early round Fri. is for sure. I'll probably be meeting friends in SF on the way up, so I'd even be down for meeting other festival heads/disc golfers at the course in GG Park.

I should also mention the two courses (18 apiece) on the CSUMB campus, though Monterey is a bit out of the way if you're on the 101.(Haven't played them personally, but I hear they both rule)
May 25, 2006 03:16PM
Does Golden Gate Park have baskets, or is it an object oriented course? We were talking about checking out S.F. general places of interest, but if there is a course with baskets right there, Im sure we can buy some time for a round.
May 26, 2006 10:10PM
Yes, Golden Gate has baskets, although about 6 months ago it was closed temporarily for renovation. I haven't checked, but I'd expect the course to be fully operational by now
May 26, 2006 10:21PM
Apparently there have been delays in reopenning the course as a permanent 18 holes. I suggest using this link to contact the City of SF and hopefully push the politicos to get through whatever red tape is holding up this project. The (supposedly) approved 18 hole course in Mclaren Park is also in bureaucratic limbo.

[www.sfdiscgolf.net]

they have a simple form letter, all it takes is your name, hometown, e-mail, and a click.

May 28, 2006 08:34AM
Will I ever learn to drive?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login