Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GET YOUR SLEEP ON!! Before SNWMF

GET YOUR SLEEP ON!! Before SNWMF
May 23, 2006 09:34PM
Dont wanna hear no EARLY PACE SETTA'S!!!!

Get your sleep on...we only have 3 nights to ram dance hall!!

Re: GET YOUR SLEEP ON!! Before SNWMF
May 24, 2006 09:42AM
May 24, 2006 11:37AM
yo squarefield mall massive - take a read on this (from snwmf "camping" info) and then settle down. ain't gonna be no all-night raves like in the past. sooooooo, shut up and go to sleep.

SOUND CURFEW:

The Fairgrounds has a midnight sound curfew. Out of respect for the neighbors of Anderson Valley and other campers, THERE IS NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUND. There is an after-hours show for campers and 3-day ticket holders only. Stay tuned for afterhours talent announcements.
May 24, 2006 01:50PM
lolol..classic..the whines already begin..dont hate
I can see who will be up at 9am for the african drum circles and basket weaving
May 24, 2006 02:40PM
and i can see who will be whining when your crappy music is turned off at midnight. ha ha ha.
May 24, 2006 03:21PM
Are you talking to me?.....Must not..SMC never plays tinpan..take your Mambo and go play your Triangle somewhere else

ill be in the dancehall till it closes
May 24, 2006 03:33PM
SquareField Massive & Crew - I think I like you.

I like snow
May 24, 2006 03:35PM
dirtweed - don't be such a poof - get your dancing shoes on.

I like snow
May 24, 2006 03:49PM
The Fairgrounds has a midnight sound curfew. Out of respect for the neighbors of Anderson Valley and other campers, THERE IS NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC ALLOWED IN THE CAMPGROUND. There is an after-hours show for campers and 3-day ticket holders only. Stay tuned for afterhours talent announcements.

good night.
May 24, 2006 06:17PM
... Ease up Dirtweed, pretty sure they were referring to the dancehall, which is not in the campgrounds and will be rampacked for Jah Shaka and King Stur Gav

Respect Same Way
May 25, 2006 08:31AM
Whenever I hear or read the word "Hater" it reminds me of the barely dressed woman yelling out haters, haters, haters, on the Jerry Springer show.....
May 25, 2006 11:32AM
I think they say the same thing every year about amplified music and sound curfew. I missed last year but every year before that it was bumping in the campsite after hours. I guess dirtweed is always in bed by Midnight and does not like your music keeping him ap all night.
May 25, 2006 12:02PM
They have family camp if you don't want to be bothered by late-nite music.

...................................................ROB
May 25, 2006 12:25PM
um no.

our concern is NOT really whether you get bothered by late night music.

our concern is for our neighbors especially in a new venue.

if you make loud noise in the campground after the curfew, things are liable to happen to you and/or whatever is being used to make that loud noise. if youre lucky it will only be festival security requesting you shut the hell up. if youre not lucky it will be the police and they will do what police will do.

in either case, if you ignore requests to turn your music down, you are liable to end up with nothing to play music on. dont laugh, its gonna happen.

heres some advice: dont listen to people posting on this message board unless those people have some actual authority with the festival. taking advice from these blockhead massive crew is like taking advice from a bum on the street, both are worth every penny you pay for it and neither has any real legitimacy.

be clear on one thing: the festival will not be asked to move to another venue just because some wanna be selectors feel the need to keep the whole community awake after hours. we can get more patrons to replace those this policy alienates a whole lot easier than we can find another venue.

one love
jah bill
May 25, 2006 12:27PM
Last year at Reggae, everyone thought they were the coolest thing since sliced bread, blasting "Welcome to Jamrock"....I think that if I hear that song again, I am gonna puke.

Also, why is it that the people that play bongos all night are the worst drummers in the world?
May 25, 2006 12:50PM
"They have family camp if you don't want to be bothered by late-nite music."

BoJok. The family camping area is for.... FAMILIES.

We have a place up in Angel's Camp reserved especailly for people who want to play loud music all night long. Feel free to email me if you would like some additional information regarding that.
May 25, 2006 01:13PM
my opinion on the thing:
it's the festival's rule. If you don't like it, nobody's making you go to the festival. If your gonna go somewhere, it's best to respect their rules. Besides, with the caliber of who they get in the dancehall every year, campground sounds can't compete. as a selector I can understand the desire to bring music to people, but a captive audience in a campground isn't the way to do it. Look at King David and his crew, they took the initiative to set up a nice session with some crucial artists off-site. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
May 25, 2006 01:39PM
To all the selector wannabe's: Please don't screw it up for all the rest of us. Your egos exceed your popularity and your tunes are not worth it. Peace. For real.

May 25, 2006 02:08PM
Here, here. I remember a couple of years back there was this ******* camped close to me who insisted on playing his music at an earsplitting volume and refused to turn it down. I really hope festival security takes a hard line with these bumba claats.

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
May 25, 2006 02:09PM
I've been to every SNWMF except for the very first couple. I can't remember a single year where there has not been someone with a sound system playing till dawn. I personally dont care if its not right next to me...but, under the circumstances, its still disrespectful, inconsiderate and rude and not the right thing to do. If the Festival thinks it will harm the chances of having the festival again at this venue they need to be willing and able to shut them down even if it means bringing the Police in to do the honors.

Does anyone doubt that the festival has the capability to enforce this rule if it really wants too? Action speaks louder then words!
May 25, 2006 03:19PM
Funny how this thread pops up every year... it's always the same thing. Every year they are always a few DJ's(please don't call them selectors) spinning after hours. From what I recall there has always been a sound ordinance but people still play on. Never stuck around long enough to see if anyone got busted though, and don't care.
May 25, 2006 04:19PM
What's the difference between a selector and a dj at 3 am in a gravel parking lot?

May 25, 2006 04:30PM
Hey Jah Mike I think I was camped right next to that clown too. What was that 2002 and the guy was playing the worst cuts I have heard in a long time. Also wasn't that guy all by himself with this cheesey disco light strip and wouldn't stop till 6 in the morning. If it is someone dropping some respectable roots and there is group of late nighters who are into it that is one thing, but when it is one guy bumping some whack techno funk all by himself and it going full blast all night , well lets just to all the " SELECTAS" leave your loud weak techno at home.
Stick to the roots
May 25, 2006 04:44PM
Huge difference, first off dj's mix and use two turntables, selectors only need one...
May 25, 2006 05:01PM
Oh, 'Ah just loves seein' de young peoples all worked-up @ 4am/makes you unnerstan' what happens when you gets the ONE social/tone-deaf lad from each highschool AN' GETS THEM ALL TOGETHER, right there at 4am....all that testosterone wid nothin' better to do/like a neighborhood dog that runs barking loudly after every-car-comin-down-the-road....makes you wish for a canine fatality.

My first year @ snwmf, I'm tryin' to sleep in my rented vehicle, alla the above I've described bustin' loose,BOOM BOOM BOOOM making me wish I could dose them with morphine. Or something. Some of dese youth remind me of the time I watched Kottonmouth Kings so wacked out of their gourds/the lead singer looking for a bucket to defecate in so's he can throw it at the audience....dumb mutha*******.

The vast majority of the massive @ SNWMF are the best crowd you can be around,
'cept for the few who act like dogs inna pack. It's cause they can't get no self-respectin' young woman to put up w/ them. Damn they can be loud. Satta.
May 25, 2006 05:19PM
What's the difference between a selector and a dj at 3 am in a gravel parking lot?

DJ

The term disc jockey was first used to describe radio announcers who would introduce and play popular gramophone records. These records, also called discs by those in the industry were jockeyed by the radio announcers, hence the name disc jockey and soon to be known as DJs or deejays. Today there are a number of factors, including the selected music, the intended audience, the performance setting, the preferred medium, and the development of sound manipulation that have led to different types of deejays.

The physical act of selecting and playing sound recordings is called deejaying, or DJing. From simply playing a series of recordings (referred to as programming, or composing a playlist), to the manipulating of recordings, using techniques such as audio mixing, cueing, phrasing, cutting, scratching, and beatmatching, often to the point of creating original musical compositions. It should be noted that the term "DJ" in Jamaican dancehall culture refers to the performer (elsewhere known as MC) who inserts live ad lib raps or "toasts" over dub instrumental recordings played by the "selector", here described as a "DJ".

Reggae DJs
In reggae terms, the DJ is traditionally a vocalist who would rap, toast, or chat with an instrumental record. The term selector is reserved for the person who performs the traditional function of a DJ.

May 25, 2006 05:31PM
Thank you for the schooling. I will be sleeping at Hendy Woods after the Late Night Dancehall sessions, so won't get to hear all the parking lot DJ's selecting, chatting and otherwise abusing the neighbors. Peace.

May 25, 2006 05:42PM
Jahsprey: I will be sleeping at Hendy Woods after the Late Night Dancehall

Yeah, me too...I dont like to take the chance of having some clown playing techno right next to my tent until morning.

Maybe I see ya there...wifey and I getting there on Tuesday. Looking for someone at the campground with a widescreen LCD TV and a Directv dish for the World Cup and maybe NBA finals, game 6 and 7....Dream On...haha
May 25, 2006 09:17PM
Well, I offered to go and turn it off myself, but then the thread got a little on violent tip last time this subject sprang up.

Peace

May 25, 2006 09:43PM
Hey everybody!!!!! Watch out for ME! ME! ME! Get your sleep, cause ME is gonna be there, and ME a no tinpan! You may be no tinpan......but I can smell a drum pan from a mile.

Get over yourself! Stop talking and bring your selection! Why would you blow the whistle on yourself before the crime????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know where you can stick your audiomaxx collection!!

Top marks on the photo TMLK!!!!!!!!!

For all you midnight selectors................Stop your coming and come. The only one who thinks you're the sh*t.............is YOU! LOL.

I despise the techno! Point Arena crew, leave that sh*t at home please.

I also despise the board around this time of year.

-Stevo.........what?

DUB IS TOO DREAD FOR WORDS.... binghi2digi
May 25, 2006 10:24PM
>ill be in the dancehall till it closes

thats as it should be. no worries if thats the scene.

i didnt mean to get aggro up there but the facts are the facts. come on folks, just come to the show and have a good time. theres going to be major hard roots reggae by legends in the field from early till late every night. get to bed by 3am so you can be fresh and ready for an 11 am start because you arent going to want to miss the *official* lineup. dont get the police in the area or aggravate the neighborhood by being obnoxious and everything will be cool.

alright, lets have fun then!

one love
jah bill
May 25, 2006 10:49PM
Jah Bill,

As usual, you speak wisdom.

One love,
Jah Mike

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
May 25, 2006 11:16PM
So I'll see you in the dancehall Friday night then Jah Bill?

I'll be dancin just like last year.
Hope to see you.

Then I will sleep. I need rest for the following day.

I live right next to the railroad so if people want to blast their music, I'll sleep right through it. Right or wrong, no matter whats gwan on, I'm sleepin. I'm used to loud noise. But I need sleep on so I can enjoy the music and festivities the following day.
Oh snap! I may just be old...
Whatever. Dancehall till 3am, I'm down. Sleep is goooood after.
Cheers!
May 26, 2006 08:59AM
dancehalls only till 2am this year zana. see you there! hope your day after goes better than last year though!

one love
jah bill
May 26, 2006 09:33AM
wow..there are some serious Linguine spines in here....I see soem people are quite sensitive..nuff negativity

Im stoked for the Dancehall sceeene..I really hope the sound system doesnt sound like CRAPPP..aka..TIP PAN!!..there were a couple years of horrible accoustics

Its a dam shame we dont have a Sunday night official Dancehall
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login