Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

war?

Posted by dubby 
war?
May 25, 2006 02:42PM
i just posted this in another topic, but i would like to see some feedback in its own area.

<i wrote>
war??
the usa is not at war. mr. bush has tricked you if you think its 'war'

exactly 4 years ago yesterday (i remember because it was my birthday) a friend of mine who was one of the first marines to go inside the iraqi border told me that bush was gonna invade iraq. now, that sounds like no big news but at that time iraq was not in the news, afganistan was the only thing in the news. sure , saddam came up occaisonally, but for the most part, iraq was NOT in the news. i started telling people right away that we were gonna invade iraq & people thought i was crazy. because at that time (may 2002) we knew that iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. it seems like the public forgets now about that time when iraq was not a major topic. everyone (including me) is so used to this iraq conflict that has now killed over a couple thousand u.s. troops & hundreds of thousands of iraqis. mr. bush has played off the weakness that human beings just go with the flow and after 3 1/2 years of this 'war' we forget how it was before the 'war'
so think about the next time you call it a 'war'. invasion or occupation is a better word.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login