Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ONE STAGE FOR ROOTS !

ONE STAGE FOR ROOTS !
June 28, 2004 07:04PM
greetings

is it just me, but would anyone else like to see the Big Stage used strictly for Roots....

maybe it was the bee sting that made my leg swell up like a zuchinni, or is it that I am getting older.....does anyone hate having to climb the giant hill to see acts on the small stage?

I know it was important to have FEMI on the big stage cause I am so glad that SNWMF fans got a chance to come away with a whole new Afrobeat love and appreciation...but I really really think, the big stage should be strictly REGGAE

this is a big problem, maybe we need two BIG STAGES????

It seems a big dishonor for a foundation reggae artist to have to play on a small stage and a little frustrating to see legend like Ras Michael not get the big stage..... don't get me wrong village stage is still cool and necessary but spend way to much time going back n forth

in the past at Marysville, One stage was great....
when the second was added we had bleed from each stage....
now with 2 stages....and one big hill =SORE FEET AND ANKLES
\
jbwelda
Re: ONE STAGE FOR ROOTS !
June 28, 2004 07:13PM
i like the small stage much more than the large one. its so much nicer to have shade, grass and a more intimate space. now if they just put a big sound system there i would vote for all roots acts on the smaller one.

one love
jah bill
June 28, 2004 07:26PM
You have a point Jah Bill, it is nice to have the shade...the bowl at Marysville was perfect..... I just would like to see one stage......maybe Frogtown will plant some more shade trees around the hill by mainstage

I know everyone has their gripes.....and not all gripes get addressed but we can always wish for a better SNWMF

and that takes what??? fan input...
dirtweed
June 28, 2004 10:35PM
i have always been anti-small stage just because of the cramped space to try to squeeze in. NICE JOB this year rearranging the vendors to accomodate more people. the small stage has shade, level ground and a nice feel. also - for you dancers out there - it is not as hot as big stage.
June 29, 2004 01:48AM
The small stage was great, my favorite sets of the weekend were there, nice alternative to the main stage. Although, the 2 stage set-up is overall kind of annoying. I didn't like having to make the decision between Alton Ellis or Femi Kuti. Ended up with Alton, but it would have been nice just to have one stage with all the bands. Jah Bless.
June 29, 2004 03:17AM
dirtweed sey: the small stage has level ground?

I guess we were at different festivals, I was at snwmf.
June 29, 2004 05:18AM
I liked the smaller stage better - loved the shade and the vibes - was more personal than the big stage.
June 29, 2004 10:17AM
I too was curious where the level ground was to be found...I kept skanking more to the right every time myself!
dirtweed
June 29, 2004 06:50PM
geez - rather testy aren't we boys? i guess what i meant was that the ground is more level than the big stage. is that more to your liking? and rhythmwize, if you were really at snwmf you would know that yes indeed the small stage has level ground in front of and to stage right. a small area stage left slopes down and of course the hill across the foot path. are you sure you were there?
June 29, 2004 07:04PM
My vote would be to:
1) Dump 90% of the non-reggae music;
2) Have the village stage for strictly local bands and lesser known reggae artists; and,
3) Rename the festival to SIERRA NEVADA ROOTS MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

I also think that a solution needs to be found for all the dust towards the front of the main stage and in the photo pit...... Used carpeting does wonders in that regard.
June 29, 2004 07:09PM
LOL - okay - it's not too bad! I just think it's kinda weird that it slopes sideways. Where the stage was before, you were looking down the slope... oh well, no biggie - but as I say, the more you started dancing, the further right you kept moving... but the grass is easier on the knees than the "sand" in front of the valley stage let me tell you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login