Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

don't mess with gg

Posted by dirtweed 
dirtweed
don't mess with gg
July 19, 2004 11:02AM
just got off the blood&fire board - i check things out there once in a while because there is a lot of info there (not knocking this board, the other one is just more reggae specific). gg said she was gonna do it and darned it she didn't.
GG
Re: don't mess with gg
July 19, 2004 11:10AM
'Tis true. Just getting awfully tired of seeing this board in shambles from the visitors from over there. I really enjoyed when we could discuss the fest, reggae music without the pissing matches, reasoning about the lifestyle and other regional happenings. Since that crew came over, it's just been a bunch of crap and I just felt the need to show them what it's like. I'll continue to do so too if they want to keep it up. Everything they post here will be posted there.
July 19, 2004 11:26AM
We're all devastated... You're really turning the whole thing into something much bigger than it really is. Cool down yuh tempa.

One love,

Rootz
GG
July 19, 2004 11:38AM
My temper is quite calm. When those over there allow our board to function as it was, I'll do the same. Since they've come on, plenty of good folks who used to post here have not been frequenting the place. The man posting a list of the sisters here probably freaked a few of them out. I'm only reciprocating the kindness of those guys...at only a slightly exaggerated level.
dirtweed
July 19, 2004 11:58AM
i would hope that you blood&fire folk would be willing to share your reggae knowledge and facts with us here. i check out your site and find all kinds of useful info (especially music to buy) and that kind of stuff is welcome. personally i don't have a problem with the goofier element posting here - i find it kinda funny but it does rile up others. and by the way - some of my favorite discs are blood& fire (darker than blue, dubwise & otherwise) - is everything on blood&fire label all good?
July 19, 2004 11:59AM
Well, you seem to be pretty sensitive bunch here... It would be good idea to develop a bit rougher hide in the wondeful world of internjet. Well, of course you can do whatever you want, both boards are open to everyone fortunate enough to have internet access. However, have you considered that you're doing exactly the same thing to a lot of people who've never posted here: tryinna mess with their beloved board? In other words, you're first calling Zoki, The Man (and me, althoug I just pointed out a bit of flaw in your argument) low, and right after you do, you scoop all the way down to the same low. Not that I'm overtly worried, as has been pointed out, BAF board has had its share of trolls. This just seems a bit silly.

One love,

Rootz
GG
July 19, 2004 12:12PM
Yes, I see the irony here. But it makes no matter...I'm willing to stoop if that's what it takes. It's not as though there was no warning. This has been going on for a while and most of what was posted here was just trolling and I just reached my limit today.
jbwelda
Re: gg dont count
July 19, 2004 12:45PM
im just wondering who appointed "GG" anything, much less board cop.

one love
jah bill
GG
July 19, 2004 12:52PM
Self-appointed monitor. I'm sick of reading all these fake posts by everyone over there. And from the looks of things on this board, I wasn't the only one. A lot of the folks that posted here aren't doing so anymore. Granted, some of that is due to the fact that the fest is over and activity won't start up again until next year but some of it is also likely due to everyone getting sick of all the other crap so they just left.

And Jah Bill, you may know a lot about reggae music, but you are one pessimistic dude. I have yet to read anything remotely nice from you. Do you really believe in one love or is it just a good dictum to go with all of your musical knowledge? Cause my general impression of you is just pissy, know-it-all-ness most of the time. Good for you for knowing so much....but that doesn't make you a very nice person does it? I go to festivals to meet people, listen to music I love and make NICE with folks. What do you go for? Just to add to your encyclopedic memory so later on you can belittle someone for knowing less than you?
Jack Duckworth
July 19, 2004 12:58PM
Is that pissy as in attitude, or pissy as in a tramps pants?

I've always imagined JB to be very fragrant

smiling smiley
July 19, 2004 02:10PM
I feel you GG, but don't you think you're just perpetuating the problem by getting into it with them? The Blood and Fire board is filled with that stuff so do you really think you're bothering them? They're probably getting a big kick out of it. You can't control it so try to let it go. I would prefer that they leave too or contribute something, but it's out of my hands. Some of their stuff is really hilarious if you take a step back, albeit not welcome. Sorry B & F guys, but some of us are not at the elitist level yet. It is ok to love reggae without being neck deep in it you know. Personally I'd rather people know everything about the threat of population growth on our environment than when a stowaway got off the boat in England and cut his first hit. I like to know about that too, but it's just a hobby. Let's keep it in perspective and leave us underlings to learn without the ridicule please.

fourtwentyplenty
GG
July 19, 2004 02:15PM
Yeah, 420plenty, I'm doing the same thing I profess to be annoyed by...again, as I stated somewhere else, I realize the irony here. But it does seem to have affected them a little bit. A few errant posts by myself sure caused some ruckus this morning on their board. Just wanted to give them my perspective. If they get a kick out of it, fine. If they don't, then they'll understand how many of us feel here. The trolling and fake posts are pretty annoying.
July 19, 2004 02:18PM
I got ya GG. Just don't want you to waste your energy and fill your self with bad vibes.
GG
July 19, 2004 02:25PM
Thanks for your concern. I usually try to keep things positive around these parts but all this nonsense has gotten on my last nerve. And apparently it's a real Monday for me and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. To top it off, I get more flak than the original jokers ever have here and I'm just reciprocating. I suppose it's because I'm supposed to hold myself to a higher standard for some reason??? Anyway, perhaps tomorrow will be a better day and I can correct my vibes.
dirtweed
July 19, 2004 02:26PM
it appears most of "them" are eurosexuals and brits. so take that into consideration.
July 19, 2004 02:29PM
You go GG...you tell him. Very nice!!! ;-)
July 19, 2004 02:37PM
"it appears most of "them" are eurosexuals and brits. so take that into consideration."

How do you consider us?
Jack Duckworth
July 19, 2004 02:45PM
What is a eurosexual please?

I quite like the sound of that!

smiling smiley
July 19, 2004 02:48PM
Zoki.
Greedy G
July 19, 2004 02:50PM
Hey I can't speak for the others but I was just jesting around. Y'all need to take a chill pill seen?

Respect

G
GG
July 19, 2004 02:52PM
I take that to possibly mean that there is a clear difference in what folks on opposing sides of the pond think is funny. What some of you think livens up a board brings it down for those of us who don't get that brand of humor.

On a side note: Rustfan, dirtweed, Sister Jen, 15_Year_ROTR_Vet (and who else am I missing?)...thank you for being supportive even when I'm cranky!
Jack Duckworth
July 19, 2004 02:54PM
15_Year_ROTR-Vet - slips off the tongue nicely, that one!
July 19, 2004 05:11PM
C'mon Jack,

That was the best you could do? I'll lower my expectations to accomodate you in the future.
tarka the otter
July 19, 2004 05:22PM
I love gg
Fish
July 19, 2004 09:49PM
"is everything on blood&fire label all good?"

Pretty much. And quite a bit of it is superb - check Yabby You's "Jesus Dread" for one of the best roots compilations ever put together.
dirtweed
July 20, 2004 10:25AM
thanks fish for a reggae related response. i've got yabby you also. i guess i will have to buy the whole catalogue, its that good.
jbwelda
forget gg
July 20, 2004 10:34AM
i would pretty much second the notion that the entire b&f catalogue is worthwhile. i would suggest "children of jah" as one you might not otherwise choose...its a killer. so is the d brown one and gregory issacs "mr issacs" is right up there too. the new one out, maybe not quite out yet in the states, of d brown dubwise productions is killer too. really though, they all have merit.

one love
jah bill
Fish
July 20, 2004 11:50AM
"i would suggest "children of jah" as one you might not otherwise choose...its a killer"

I second that - wicked compilation, despite the fact that almost all of the artists are little-known.
Also check both the Sylford Walker/Welton Irie set and the Glen Brown dub set if you want to hear some heavy, heavy rhythms.
BMC
July 20, 2004 12:45PM
Just a tip. I'd say don't let the Tommy McCook on B&F be one of your first choices. The sound on that one is awful, which glad enough is a rare event with B&F discs: they usually are great music-wise and sound-wise.
July 20, 2004 03:40PM
My B&F favs:

Gregory Isaacs - Mr Isaacs
Dennis Brown - Promised Land
Max Romeo - Open the Iron Gate
Congos - Heart of Congos

N.B: I dont' own even half of the B&F catalogue, altough I've heard many of the releases I don't have. I'd still say check if you like the artists/producer's style before buying, even with B&F. At least for me, some releases, while obviously of top quality, just don't appeal to my taste. Case in point: I really like Linval Thompson's stuff he produced himself, while the Bunny Lee produced tracks on the B&F release don't do that much to me. I second the 'Children of Jah' recommendation, although I think Motion's 'We Are Getting Bad' Phase One comp. is even better.

One love,

Rootz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login