Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some notes on your visitors from 'the other board'

Posted by Jack Duckworth 
Jack Duckworth
Some notes on your visitors from 'the other board'
July 19, 2004 01:57PM
You may be a bit mystified as to who they exactly are, so here's a few facts about them:

Greedy G - Greedy G is actually a very well known roots reggae DJ and larger-than-life personality, well known in reggae circles throughout the UK. He lives out in the wilds in the North of England (that's the bit after London ends and before Scotland starts), but likes to travel a lot, spreading the roots vibe wherever he goes. He has the largest collection of Studio One records in the UK, and can often be found in the company of Bunny "Striker" Lee, who often requests his services when he holds one of his famous parties in that London. He is also quite famous as a gourmet, and has written several well-received articles about the food to be found 'up North'.

The Man - As someone previously pointed out, this is a pseudonym for another fairly well known writer, who prefers to keep his real identity under wraps. He is also a famed hat collector, with one of the largest collections in the UK, and often has some of his collection on display in the V&A museum in London. You may have noticed that he only posts really late at night (in UK time) - this is because he now actually resides in an old folks home in Bournemouth, on the South coast of England, where he waits until lights out before he sneaks around the home, snooping in other residents drawers, and only getting to use the nightwatchman's laptop when he finds him asleep in front of it. During the day he can often be found wandering around the town muttering to himself and throwing stones at the seagulls

Zoki: Zoki is, well... he's Zoki! Respect should be accorded to him because he's probably the oldest poster on either forum, at 73 years of age. He lives in the remote steppes of Yugoslavia where he is a yak herder by trade. Some of his posts may seem a little strange to those who aren't used to them, but you have to remember that he lives a nomadic existence and rarely has any real human contact. Indeed, his only contact with the outside world for most of the year is through his aging laptop computer, which he got in an exchange for his most favourite and faithful Yak, Bessie, a few years ago. Reports have been cited of visitors to the remoter regions where he wanders having been woken in the night by a strange unearthly and plaintive song floating down from the higher passes, often accompanied by a strange buzzing sound, thought to be Zoki singing a lament for his one true lost love

And me? Well, I'm just plain old Jack Duckworth. I live with my wife Vera in a small village called Weatherfield, on the outskirts of Manchester, where I repair spectacles for a living

So, as you can see, we're a pretty normal lot, and not the bunch of drug-addled misfits and lunatics that some of you may have thought we were. I'm sure that with a bit of love and overstanding both boards can continue to thrive and cross-pollinate in an atmosphere of peace and goodwill

As we say over here - no need to be a flibberty-gibbert about it!

Love

smiling smiley
Re: Some notes on your visitors from 'the other board'
July 19, 2004 02:09PM
Oh my...not certain what to make of all of that. Hm........?
July 19, 2004 02:12PM
Comedy.....pure comedy!!!!!
dirtweed
July 19, 2004 02:31PM
who cares? and if any part of it is true i would be surprised.
Greedy G
July 19, 2004 02:45PM
I live in the North of England, have a massive Studio 1 collection, am a DJ(but not a famous one) and love my food. So I would say my description was nearly on point. (I have also been to Bunny Lee's birthday party in that London, where I met many supes including Brigadier Jerry and Phillip Frazer - hence the remark about it).

G
Greedy G
July 19, 2004 02:46PM
And Jack is accurate in his description of himself.

Zoki is actually 15 though.

G
July 19, 2004 04:49PM
G sey: (I have also been to Bunny Lee's birthday party in that London, where I met many supes including Brigadier Jerry and Phillip Frazer - hence the remark about it).

Wasnt that a bunny lee b-party where someone hit bunny with a cake and lee perry asks the question 'who shot king tubbys?"

Is that the party your talkin about?

What tune was that, I got it somewhere but cant find it...I think rita marley was on there too?...its all just a big fog.

help,

"every day is just a holiday"

im out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login