Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Worldly

Posted by acetone 
More Worldly
July 20, 2004 06:39AM
I am a true lover of all cultures...all musics...I am thrilled to be able to hear such fine performances here at Angel's Camp, only hours away from my home...I thank the caring people at SNWMF for their consciencous efforts to import and expose us to such excellence...my point: though I am a great lover of reggae and all things Caribe, I wonder why the SNWMF focuses the programming so heavily on this one region of the planet? Is it a matter of expense or popularity? I love indigenous musics...African, Latin, Asian,Middle Eastern, European...what better way is there to unite the peoples of the world, than through the exchange of heartfelt music? I would love to see the emphasis at SNWMF shift even more toward a complete global musical view...just my humble opinion...love and respect to all....
Re: More Worldly
July 20, 2004 07:07AM
Much respect to you & youre opinion Acetone...

BRING GEORGE BEN TO SNWMF 2005!!!
Fish
Re: More Worldly
July 20, 2004 11:54AM
"I would love to see the emphasis at SNWMF shift even more toward a complete global musical view"

Well, to each his own. I think of it as the Sierra Nevada Reggae Music Festival and personally, I would like to see it remain that way. No problem with other musical forms, I just like reggae, particularly the Jamaican variety, and this festival brings a whole heap of great artists together in one place . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login