San Francisco
(415) 252-7666

July 30:
Groundation
Slim's
333 11th Street
San Francisco
(415) 255-0333

For more info, go to [www.ireggae.com] and please, please, don't ask what this is a list of....
GG
Re: Some upcoming shows in the Bay Area
July 20, 2004 02:50PM
This is a good site for Avalon shows in SF...they tend to book a lot of reggae too.

[morningspringrain.com]
Zoki likes little boys
July 20, 2004 03:26PM
Hey thanks guys,

looks like some great shows coming our way!
GG
July 20, 2004 03:28PM
LOL! at Zoki likes little boys! You've just made my day so much better with your posts (here and over there)! Thanks!
July 20, 2004 05:07PM
Bounty muthafuckin Killa coming to the Avalon in early August.

I will be there @ StudioZ for Half pint.
jbwelda
July 20, 2004 05:18PM
johnny osbourne saturday cant miss.

i wish the avalon would do something about their sound. always sounds like some rock and roller is mixing it.

one love
jah bill
July 20, 2004 05:52PM
I'll be at the two Fairfax shows this weekend. I will be looking for you Jah Bill. Anyone else going?

fourtwentyplenty
GG
July 20, 2004 08:27PM
I'm gonna try to catch Half Pint at Studio Z too. Forgot about the Abyssinians yesterday...kinda bummed about that. Anyone catch it?
July 21, 2004 02:07AM
Didn't catch it, but went to Reggae By The Pier in Oceanside last weekend. Caught the Abyssinians, Melodians and Mighty Diamonds. The MC said Ky-Mani ws there, but he never came out. What was that all about? Wadi Gad filled in for him though. All those bands were backed by Jah Bandis.
positive_vibes
July 21, 2004 09:53AM
has anyone gone to the fairfax shows before whats that place like? is it standing room only like slims or a lil bit bigger than that? thanks for any info
francesca
July 21, 2004 10:11AM
daniel, thanks for the work you do on the calendar and keeping us informed...
maybe we'll see you at one of the shows in august..
July 21, 2004 10:37AM
Yeah Daniel, thanks for the post. There are some good shows in the VERY near future. I just can't get to the Bay area during the week...;-(

For the Sac crew...I guess the Ocean Lounge is kicking off on Friday's and Saturday's. I'm not sure who's up this weekend. I'll check with the Lickshot crew. I'm sure they know.
francesca
July 21, 2004 10:46AM
hey jennifer, thanks. i was wondering what is going on at ocean lounge recently. i stopped by there a month ago after poolside and it was alright. called last weekend and no one answered.
dirtweed
July 21, 2004 10:57AM
what and where is the ocean lounge?
July 21, 2004 11:03AM
Dirtweed...the Ocean Lounge is at 1310 Howe Avenue.

Hey Francesca!!! I guess it's kicken off now. Last week Bassy and I went to poolside and after that everyone was headen out to the Ocean Lounge. Lickshot Crew and Soul Rebel were playing the pool and then headed out to do the Lounge. Crazy Legs told me that it packs em in down there. I guess it's a lot of the local crew.
jbwelda
July 21, 2004 11:14AM
19 broadway is smaller than slims and much more low budget. its basically a bar with a side room that the music is in. packs up there pretty often but on the other hand its kinda out of the way so sometimes the turnout is light. i would imagine its going to be near sold out on a weekend though.

one love
jah bill
July 21, 2004 11:17AM
Yeah, 19 Brodway can get a little packed. You have to get there early to make sure you get in because they stop letting people in if it gets to packed.
positive_vibes
July 21, 2004 12:14PM
thanks for the info i was hoping to catch the norris man show with yami bolo i just hate being in hot packed bars though sad smiley atleast renegade has some good outdoor shows coming up in truckee. heres a good link www.onelovereggae.com they have concert info there.
July 21, 2004 01:22PM
Yes!!! I LOVE the Truckee venue. Robbie is KING of outdoor shows. It's the BEST being outdoors while enjoying a live show. I agree that packed, hot bars are NO fun.
July 22, 2004 06:57PM
Hey S.J. - be sure and remind us all of when River Jordan is playing! hope to get my head above water after this week!
July 22, 2004 08:28PM
GG- I saw the Abyssinians. I don't know if it was my first time at studioZ, that I got a speeding ticket on my way there, the crappy opening act(who was that, BTW?), or the fact that the abyssinians didn't come on until like 1:30am, but the vibe was just off. But it was totally surreal to see those guys .irie!. What did they play for the encore? I had to leave, had to drive all the way back to santa cruz.

positive_vibes
July 23, 2004 08:25AM
has anyone seen anymore norris man shows in cali besides tonight? i want to catch him but not sure if i can make the fairfax show tonight...thanks for any info
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login