Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calling All BAF Crew

Posted by Greedy G 
Greedy G
Calling All BAF Crew
July 20, 2004 09:29PM
Come on guys, time to throw the towel in, it was fun while it lasted.

At least we've got a sense of humour over at our place.

G
Zoki likes little boys
Re: Calling All BAF Crew
July 20, 2004 09:31PM
Yeah, at least ya got that!
jbwelda
July 20, 2004 10:57PM
i dont know about you gordon but i got involvement in this festival and no idiat gal is chasing me anywhere. and as far as im concerned youre all welcome to hang around here, i would just plead to keep it reggae related.

one love
jah bill
Zoki likes little boys
July 20, 2004 11:03PM
i'm still chasing.......... glad to see your awake Zoki. I've been waiting for you to come and play. I guess i was in the wrong Phorum. Naw you girls don't have to go anywhere, i kinda like this! Sorry about letting the beans out of the bag, you know about how you like little boys. it won't happen again.
July 20, 2004 11:06PM
"i kinda like this!"

Well, now we know where you're coming from.

One love,

Rootz
GG
July 20, 2004 11:11PM
im just wondering who appointed "Jah Bill" anything, much less board owner.

one love
GG
Zoki likes little boys
July 20, 2004 11:24PM
Jah Bill Shmah Bill, he's just a Mr. Know-it-all. You can't really help people like him.
dirtweed
July 20, 2004 11:31PM
gg - gotta agree with jahbill when he says "keep it reggae related". these guys know their reggae and that can only help the "novices" on this board. i don't want to see this degenerate into a war against other boards and that is what is happening, and i think the blood&fire boyz can cause some serious damage here. personally i find a lot of their stuff hilarious but i don't want that to be the only thing on this board. go get 'em on their board gg if thats what you want to do but give them some slack here or i'm afraid there will be big trouble.
GG
July 20, 2004 11:42PM
I hear you dirtweed. If some of us were so inclined, we could probably wreak havoc over there as well but it just gets boring. These guys have already degraded the board so much that it doesn't matter if there's trouble here. All this collective knowledge and all they can do is post a bunch of nonsense so what good is it? Thanks for your input though. It would be nice if the board could just return to what is was pre-Zoki & Co. You remember those days don't you? When we could have discussions that made sense and share information that the majority would be interested in?

Zoki has Halitosis
July 20, 2004 11:58PM
Zoki, Jolly ole chap, i'm glad you're here. BTW - great song. is that an old English tune? I'm tellin you, you get smarter by the minute. Don't forget to brush your teeth tonight!
July 21, 2004 12:15AM
ZhH: I think you'll have to go further east for the origins of that song. Not Far East, though.

One love,

Rootz
July 21, 2004 01:01AM
Jah Bill, I thought you of all people would not want this kind of behavior on the board. After all you are the reggae librarian. Shhhhhhhhh...... I know they're your friends and they can provide a lot of great information, so why don't you encourage them to do it more often? I know some people thought that you were a know-it-all, but now you're just being a dick. I really enjoyed everything you had to say up until recently, even it did come with an elitist tone. These friends of yours are just coming off like an irrelevant ******* version of you. Your reaction to GG may be the revealing of your true elitist reggae snob tendencies. We're not all reggae brain surgeons. We want the old Bill back.

fourtwentyplenty
July 21, 2004 02:09AM
I think your all giving Zoki a bad rap as being a prankster trying to wind you all up. In truth he is a serious musician consistently putting out brilliant music year in and year out. His band tours Eastern Europe constantly and has a huge dedicated fan base all over the world. Last year Zoki and his band played at the Fillmore here in SF on there first US tour and I was able to capture the moving performance on film. Please view the life changing performance within the link below and I think you'll agree that Zoki is just a misunderstood genius that we should all pay a little more attention to. Thanks Zoki, you're nothing less than a hero in my book. Zoki to headline the main stage next year at snwmf!!!

[www.hugi.is]

respect due,
rudy
July 21, 2004 04:34AM
It's funny that Jah Bill gets so much crap here: I haven't seen him posting any trolls... Seems just because he's friendly with the Man, Zokster & al he's become a bad guy. 'If you play with them, we won't play with you...'

One love,

Rootz
jbwelda
July 21, 2004 06:18AM
let me clarify one thing:

when i said

>i would just plead to keep it reggae related.

i misspoke. of course our festival is about more than that. im just a bit reggae-centric.

as for this "dick" business, i dont get it. i know zoki, i know his background and i consider him a friend, and i dont stand by and let my friends take too much ****, even though he goes overboard a bit sometimes. if you grew up in a communist dictatorship that suddenly disappeared and left everyone "free", you might write some weird **** too, that is, if you managed to get yourself educated enough to speak five languages without being spoonfed and coddled by the school system most of us suffered under.

as for jah reel, this man has more knowledge about reggae, music, poetry, literature and just plain culture than all the rest of us combined, and that minute bit of his persona is in one fingertip. do i feel proud to be friends with penny reel aka observer aka jah reel? damn right i do, and if you or anyone is going to dump on him in my presence, then im going to think a lot less of them, not reel, and am likely to speak up and let my opinion known. my opinion is that someone like reel should be treasured and encouraged to contribute anything he likes. some of it bores me, some of it i think relevant, much of it i think is brilliant if one thinks about what he writes a bit.

im not going to be chased off by some state worker with too much time on her hands and a propensity to fill any vacumn. if you dont believe that, do a search on her posts prior to this latest bit and youll see her contributions have been pretty marginal when it goes beyond the "oh gee lets all meet at the 4:20 flag or somewhere" level. maybe its just me but i prefer to read something a little more uplifting or at least edumacating than the typical post illustrated above.

so heres something: why dont you people enjoy the company of people who actually know something different or have grown up somewhere different than your california upbringing? i thought most people interested in "world" music might be interested in how people in other places think. i always appreciated that aspect of the internet, before it was on secretary's desks: you could converse with people with completely different outlooks and backgrounds, you could exchange music, ideas, concepts, politics, culture.

evidently there is a very vocal minority here who doesnt really want to talk about anything alien to their experience but instead want to make some contributors unwelcome, because they get very bothered when they post something they dont personally understand or identify with. i think this minority is the same thick headed minority that dumb everything down, and now they are going to dumb down this board by chasing off anyone who would deviate from their agenda by sheer volume, shrillness and persistence.

its been pretty painful to watch the interaction around here lately, and if i had it in my power, it would stop immediately. but its not in my power so all i can do is sit and read people refer to me as a "dick".

so im a f'in dick. but im going to try to do my part to make sure theres something interesting to read here, and i invite my friends and anyone with something useful to contribute to do so.

meanwhile, my ignore filter is fully engaged, hopefully it will help subdue the noise. i would suggest that those serious about exchanging knowledge, friendship or conversation do likewise. and remember, every post does not require a reply; it is ok to ignore threads you dont understand or appreciate.

one love
jah bill
July 21, 2004 06:59AM
You right, JB, seems to be some people around who're afraid or at least bothered by things they don't know... It's a bit sad to see such narrow attitude towards all encompassing diversity of life, universe and all that.

Re: dick business: rewind:

"Re: FAO: Zoki
Author: Tired or Zoki (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: 07-17-04 21:51

You should eat a d*ck!"

One love,

Rootz
dirtweed
July 21, 2004 05:03PM
rudeboy - which one is zoki??
July 21, 2004 05:23PM
Zoki is the one with the parrot. Some serious sybdrum action there, BTW. But did he really rhyme 'sound clash' with 'spaceship crash'? I don't recognise that riddim, can anyone ID it?

One love,

Rootz
The Zokster
July 21, 2004 05:40PM
I'm pretty sure it's the dude on the left but it's hard to tell with those shades. and is that Rootzilla with the purple hair? I think it is! That purple hair looks amazing on her. Work it girl, work it!
July 21, 2004 05:45PM
Sorry mate, I shave my head winking smiley The Purple One is actually Zoki's dog, Barky Banton, the only dog in world to have recorded for Lee 'Scatch' Perry. Check 'Better Collie' 7" on Black Bark label for Barky in action.

One love,

Rootz
Sis April
July 21, 2004 05:50PM
I hear you Jah Bill and totally agree. Not every time---- but definatley this time.
The Zokster
July 21, 2004 05:51PM
lol
July 21, 2004 07:18PM
It's all good Jah Bill and I'm sory about the dick comment. I got a little carried away there to say the least. I don't desire to attack your friends nor have I ever doubted their knowledge. I'm no smarty when it comes to in depth reggae knowledge. I welcome their knowledge as you see I've thanked you for yours in the past. I find the comedic stuff hilarious, but thier arrival was a shock to the board, primarily zoki. The comedic stuff so far has outweighed any knowledgable contribution they can make and has been somewhat disruptive and disappointing. If you don't see that then you're blinded by your loyalty. That's all I'm saying.

You can try to minimalize my worldliness all you want, but I've traveled the world a bit too. Russia 3 times pre and post communist, China 3 times, Europe 3 times (Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Holland, France, Germany and Spain), Israel, Mexico, Canada, Guam, Japan, Hawaii 7 or 8 times. I've seen some stuff so far in my lifetime. I can't speak for the rest though.

Thanks for response. I appreciate the clarification.

fourtwentyplenty
Jack Duckworth
July 21, 2004 07:21PM
Mom! When's tea ready?
jbwelda
July 21, 2004 08:01PM
/<ignore mode>

i wasnt pointing much of that at you in particular, fourtwenty, it was mostly meant as a general rant.

as an aside, since you mentioned guam, i lived there in the early 60s when i was a kid. it was a very natural place then, pre-vietnam war and pre-second-japanese-invasion. used to go to a bunch of off-limits beaches beachcombing and reef trawling with my mom (note: duckworth). my brother and i made the news one time when we discovered a cave full of bones of guamanians (chimorians i guess is the proper term) who were herded into caves and then burned by japanese soldiers when the island was being liberated from japanese occupation by american forces...most of those japanese then jumped off the cliffs by taragi (sp?) beach and other places to avoid capture. we were out tramping around in the jungle at some beach when we found the cave...chasing an iguana into the brush. got our photos in the paper and everything.

by the way if you read carefully youll notice ive asked zoki a number of times to be a bit more discrete about his postings. but im not his mom and its a free forum so all i can do is suggest.

<ignore mode>

one love
jah bill
Dick Jackworth
July 21, 2004 08:28PM
JB - what should I be noting? Sorry - bit tired atm...

smiling smiley
July 21, 2004 08:57PM
Mom?

One love,

Rootz
Re: Calling
July 21, 2004 09:10PM
are you not taking this to serious, you can read want you wish
July 21, 2004 10:42PM
I feel you Jah Bill...to a certain extent. To be honest I don't care for Zoki. I like people from all walks of life as long as they are good people and I welcome people from other Countries, but he does not give a good impression. I’m not saying he’s a bad person, but he doesn’t offer anything substantial to this board. I'm REALLY growing tired of his comments regarding the G-spot. It’s immature and disrespectful.
July 22, 2004 06:24AM
"He lost one of his toes when Hugh Mundell dropped that broken refrigerator on his foot."

That why Hugh died so young?

One love,

Rootz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login