Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FAO: Sis Jen - My English be Rusty to...

Posted by rustfan 
rustfan
FAO: Sis Jen - My English be Rusty to...
July 21, 2004 06:38PM
Author: Sister Jen (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: 07-21-04 10:29

"..... As for my thing for grammar...I obviously have a thing about it. I’m a student of Journalism w/ a minor in English Literature...."

---------------------

Author: Sister Jen (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: 07-21-04 11:17

"...... they stop letting people in if it gets to packed."

Sis Jen - shouldn't that read ......"if it gets TOO packed."

;-)
Re: FAO: Sis Jen - My English be Rusty to...
July 21, 2004 08:18PM
Yes, you are right. Thank you for pointing that out. You MUST be SOOOOO bored to go through my posts looking for mistakes. I can see I pushed some buttons with people. LOL!!! ;-) I never said my grammar was perfect because I know it’s not. I use spell check ALL the time when I write things outside of the message board. If it weren't for my spell check on the computer and my trusty dictionary by my side I might not know how to spell at all. Just because I’m a student of Journalism and English Literature does not make me a good speller. I never claimed I was...I just said I have a thing about it. Mistakes pop out at me when I read.

Hey if nothing else I feel special that you devoted a new thread about me. Thanks. LOL!!! ;-)
rustfan
July 21, 2004 09:06PM
Hi Sis Jen,

No.........not really bored, let's just say this - I've got a decent memory - and a good memory makes thread reading/remembering easy&fast.

Top that with your sentence: "As for my thing for grammar...I obviously have a thing about it." As they say in Texas: It's not braggin', if you can do it.

Really, I'm just having fun with ya ;-).

I to make mistakes - not much more than dat. Not really into splitting nose hairs or anything like that.

Glad I made you feel special - if it was someone like Zoki - he might just feel you.
July 21, 2004 09:29PM
BOO
pat
July 22, 2004 04:00PM
rustfan... since you pointed out her "too/to" mistake it is only fair that yours is pointed at TOO. not that you are claiming to be an grammar expert (cause I certainly am not) but just thought I'd point it out (actually, I may even be wrong about this, wouldn't that be funny!)

you wrote : " I to make mistakes "
shouldn't that be " I too make mistakes" ??

maybe so, maybe not, but after all, this is the english grammar message board, right???
July 22, 2004 04:10PM
"since you pointed out her "too/to" mistake it is only fair that yours is pointed at TOO."

Or: ...pointed OUT too.

I kinda like the total futility of this... winking smiley

One love,

Rootz
pat
July 22, 2004 04:28PM
yea... I also wrote "claiming to be an grammar expert "

"aN grammar expert" I don't think I need that "n" in there.

wel, thatt sed thare shal b noo moore commence on grammer!!!
July 22, 2004 04:50PM
Howe funy...I njoy wear u to r goen wit thiss. ;-)
July 22, 2004 05:18PM
Its grate.

One love,

Rootz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login