Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jah Works for 2005 SNWMF

Posted by TinaB 
Jah Works for 2005 SNWMF
July 23, 2004 04:05AM
Hola, World Music Fans! Greetings from the Washington DC Area! I was only able to catch one-half of one day of the 2004 festival... but I'll be back in 2005 full on! Here's some big love for my boys Jah Works from Baltimore, Maryland! Hope you kind people will check out their website (www.jahworks.com) and get 'em on the schedule for 2005. (ps. Jah Works is on the way to support the troops via the USO. I Love You Guys!)

Re: Jah Works for 2005 SNWMF
July 23, 2004 09:09PM
will jah works be showing his support for the hired mercenaries also?
July 23, 2004 09:10PM
the proper way to support the troops is to work to bring them home before they get killed.
pat
July 23, 2004 10:02PM
well, since jah works is a band, it won't be "showing his support for the hired mercenaries"

"the proper way to support the troops is to work to bring them home before they get killed"
well, unfortunately this band does not have that kind of control. I mean, they don't really call the shots for the US Military.

however, being that we live in a corrupt world with wars all over and fighting, we COULD look at the positive side of things, and realize that this band is doing a good deed that is in thier control. who knows dirtweed, maybe thier music could influence some minds, give some inspiration to a soldier in a foreign land. I don't really see any reason to hate on them for what they are doing.

I agree with you dirtweed, they should come home b4 they get killed.... not only that, but b4 ANY more lives get taken.

Bigup Jah Works spreading their music cross the globe. non-partial!
July 24, 2004 05:23AM
pat -picky picky pat - "since jah works is a band, it won't be"showing his support...". minor detail wouldn't ya say?? SUPPORT OUR TROOPS is one of the rallying cries of the "patriots" that also hang flags all over their vehicles and belittle those who say we should not even be over there in iraq. and i'm not hating on him/them - just asking a rhetorical question. and to EVERYONE out there - quit putting the "negative" or "hate" label on posts that disagree with you.
pat
July 24, 2004 02:56PM
yes dirtweed, you can call me picky pat, I'll just stick to your name, and call you dirtweed smiling smiley
ok, my apologies for pointing out that minor detail. the reason I did so was cause I happened to be kinda pissed at the moment ( about something unrelated) and I shouldn't have taken it out on you by pointing out small grammatical error... that was stupid, my bad.

but back to the "support our troops thing" if you read the first post in this forum, I dont think the author made any "patriotic" flag hanging, or iraq war supporting references. All she did was say that a band named Jah Works is "supporting the troops via the USO" (which actually means they will go over there to play reggae music witha PEACEful message)

your advice: "and to EVERYONE out there - quit putting the "negative" or "hate" label on posts that disagree with you."
lets rewind... I already said earlier that I agreee with you, one way of "supporting our troops" would be to have them return home so less lives are taken, and the fighting ends. so in that, we are in agreement.

however, your "rhetorical question" about mercenaries had some pretty negative connations... as if you were clowning them by what they are doing by touring with the USO. this rhetorical question does not "disagree with me" ... it just is not fair. It is a rhetorical question.. it has no answer, imho it is very sarcastic. that is why I put "hate" label on it, cuz it is inappropriate, not just "disagreeing with me"... it has nothing to do with me.

the reason I find myself being so defensive is cuz I happen to know Jah Works. and I know that they would not necesarilly appreciate someone else( who I'm assuming does not know them personally) saying "will jah works be showing his support for the hired mercenaries also?" to me, you are clowning them. thats all.
I am happy 4 Jah Works and this opportunity they have been given. thats all, we dont need any negativity, or "rhetorical questions"

haha.. have you seen the rage against the machine shirt that sports the logo "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" and then it has a picture of zapatistas right above it.

anyways I have written too much!
peace all over the world
sincerely, pick pat
July 24, 2004 05:44PM
I think that if you agree to have a positive thing you control (Band) associated with something inherently negative (the current war you guys are fighting for the rest of us), it is supporting, no matter how you choose to word it. It's sort of wierd to say that you can support troops w/out supporting the war. Who do you think humiliated those Iraqi prisoners? Troops. I'm not saying they were not told to do so, some maybe even had no choice, but no matter what, they are as involved as the top brass. The blame is not equally theirs, but supporting 'the troops' is supporting the whole excercise.

All of the above is IMNASHO, if you disagree (as I'm sure some do), please try to articulate your diagreement in a constructive way and try to keep expressions such as 'commie scum' to the barest minimum winking smiley

One love,

Rootz
July 24, 2004 06:13PM
these guys from mayland have been doing dem ting for a while now but lets nah forget Rej Forte from Barkshire England who has been doing his roots reggae grooves for over 20 years with this name (Jah Works International). he has his own label with authentic original soundz. also had a couple singles in past 80's w/ one on"(On-U Sound) & worked with many dub greats including Martin Campbell.
-RASpects+
Picky Dicky Jackworth
July 24, 2004 06:19PM
That's Berkshire, Jahmeek

Rej Forte on On.U Sound? Do tell more!

winking smiley

July 24, 2004 06:25PM
great release on ROIR in 1996 with alot of the singles compiled called RUFF CUT: the Original and Authentic Sound of Jah Works. worth the listion
(RUSCD8230)
probley new pressing by now but should be able to find somewhere im betting.
-RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login