Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FAO: YMS

Posted by Bufo bufo 
Bufo bufo
FAO: YMS
July 24, 2004 11:34PM
Would it be too late to plant summer vegetables in my allotment right now (thinking white cabbage, broccoli etc) ? They are already around six inches high, after seeding in small pots in my greenhouse. Thank's mate, hope the pigeons are all good.
Stan.
Re: FAO: YMS
July 25, 2004 12:40AM
It is a little late if we're talking bout the same thing. Put em out anyway. Make sure they have plenty of southern exposure and give then ample nitrogen. Make sure you switch nutrients round the end of august at this point, when the days get shorter. Don't pull them too soon either. Don't know where you are but for nor cal you can pull em round halloween if not after. Watch for mold and pests. Pull when 70% of the white hairs have turned red. Curing is a huge part so read up on it. Love em like a pet. Hope that helps but you may already know this jibberish.

Respect due,
Rudy
Bufo bufo
July 25, 2004 01:04AM
Top one geezer, my yard backs up to mount diablo in the east bay, I do very well with roma tomatoes etc, but wondered if the fierce summer heat would be too much for new transplants. Stephen (YMS) would be used to dealing with similar problems as he lives on the northern rivierra, just outside the resort town of leeds.
jbwelda
July 25, 2004 02:09AM
bring some vegetation over to 19 b'way tonite, johnny osbourne on the mike!

one love
jah bill
yms
Re: learning to ride
July 25, 2004 01:29PM
A flat, smooth, paved area is best for learning. It's helpful to have another person to hang onto while learning. If no other person is available, try to find a smooth area along a chain-link fence or railing. You can hang onto the fence or railing with one hand while learning. A chain-link fence works really well. It's easy to hold or to grab onto.
Cow
July 25, 2004 06:58PM
yms wrote:

> A flat, smooth, paved area is best for learning.

Pure patios business man a deal wi'.
July 25, 2004 07:45PM
I've had a house full this week end jb, daddy's pipe didn't even leave the cupboard ! How was Mr. Osbourne ?
jbwelda
July 26, 2004 09:24PM
if youd gone, youd know! (see post over on b&f for some details)

one love
jah bill
July 27, 2004 12:11AM
been there, done that ! nice one, i wish i could have made it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login