Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Half Pint

Posted by Chimino 
Half Pint
July 27, 2004 08:32PM
Show @ StudioZ last night. Not much to report...
His set was about 45 minutes, which I didn't feel was enough for the $20 cover charge. He was backed by a selector playing versions on CD...which was a problem, because a few of them skipped. My favorite tune "Hold On" skipped to the point the big man couldn't finish the song after 2 attempts. Not the kind of skipping a selector would encounter if he used the flip side of 45s.
Anyway, he ran thru his hits like "Greetings" "Mr Landlord" "Political Fiction" and that one on Beres' "They gonna talk" riddim (forget the name).
Nice night overall, but Club Dread needs to lower the cover charge if the artist isn't going to give a full night's performance.
Re: Half Pint
July 27, 2004 09:09PM
It's called the "Fix It" riddim, I believe. That is a big tune by half pint...Suzie is the name iirc.
July 27, 2004 09:16PM
Just looked, it is called They Gonna Talk riddim and the Half pint tune is Just Be Good.

What the hell was I thinking of???
July 27, 2004 09:18PM
Suzy is on the Zions Gate riddim...
TR-808
July 27, 2004 09:20PM

"Suzie" was a big 'Pint tune on the 'Satisfaction' (aka 'Zion Gate') relick a few years ago.. same riddim set from Lion Paw that busted Warrior King with "Virtuous Woman"

the riddim used for Beres "They Gonna Talk" is a 2-in-1 based mostly on the Sensations "Those Guys".. Treasure Isle business. some melody/horns comes from some Studio One though like xacto says.

that sounds pretty stupid having Half Pint there on some crappy CD tracks.. weak
TR-808
July 27, 2004 09:21PM

ahoy, bun
July 27, 2004 09:33PM
Yarr, Solid.

Yeah, I mean the whole point in using CD's is for superior sound quality and ease of use and transport.

Backing him with some scratched up discs is just bad for everyone.

Did everyone boo the selecta off the stage? I would been like WTF!!! and fling the first bokkle I could grab.
jbwelda
July 27, 2004 11:52PM
>fling the first bokkle I could grab

translation: sit there and suck my thumb.

but it does sound pretty weak, glad i didnt waste my time but too bad for half pint because he could do much better.

one love
jah bill
July 27, 2004 11:58PM
jbwelda
July 28, 2004 12:22AM
thats the spirit bunny...

big up to all them who got a sensi of humor.

one love
jah bill
xacto
July 28, 2004 02:28AM
They call them thumbs now, eh? Back in my day, we called 'em joints.
jbwelda
July 28, 2004 04:50AM
took you a while but touche' nontheless!

one love
jah bill
miguel
July 28, 2004 09:27AM
has anyone seen half pint backed by dubcat?
July 28, 2004 06:15PM
going live with Half Pint interview at 11:30am PST today www.kuci.org and listen live

BIG JIM

UPTOWN TOP RANKING www.uptowntopranking.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login