Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Junior Reid

Posted by Chimino 
Junior Reid
July 29, 2004 01:23PM
Will be at the Shattuck Downlow in Berkeley, Sat Aug 28th.
When he was last here two years ago, he tore it up.
jbwelda
Re: Junior Reid
July 29, 2004 08:49PM
be sure to post this closer to the date chimino, i think i want to make that one!

last time i saw jr reid, he out-michael rose'd michael rose, if you know what i mean.

one love
jah bill
July 29, 2004 08:59PM
better get in training for that weekend, Burning Spear Slims on the 27th and this on the 28th, love the downlow, gotta make that one.
July 29, 2004 09:36PM
yes Bill, I know exactly what you mean...he runs thru the old Uhuru hits like wildfire.
Will bring this back up that weekend.
July 30, 2004 12:17PM
If anyone goes to this show could you fill me in on how it goes ? I'd love to make it, but the age policy keeps me from doing that. Both Junior Reid and The Reggae Angels are bound to put on a crucial show. Peace.
jbwelda
July 30, 2004 12:19PM
chimino do you know who is backing jr reid? wadi gad crew would be my bet.

one love
jah bill
July 30, 2004 12:30PM
Jah Bill, Reggae Angels are backing Junior Reid on this tour. Peace.
The Zokster
July 30, 2004 12:38PM
Don't forget the Marley Brothers and Toots will be playing at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley on the 29th.
jbwelda
July 30, 2004 02:36PM
the "reggae angels" aint backing no one james. maybe they are opening for jr reid; if that is so im arriving late.

wadi gads outfit backs fenton aka "reggae angels" dont they? then maybe youre saying, yes, wadi gads outfit is backing jr reid.

i know fenton is a buddy of yours and im glad you appreciate him. im afraid i dont really share the feeling but thats alright. one thing about fenton: if he manages to get wadi gad to back him he must have something going for him. im not sure what that is, but it must be something.

one love
jah bill
Bufo Bufo
July 30, 2004 02:37PM
perhaps Gadi Wad will be backing him.
July 30, 2004 02:41PM
I don't think Wadi Gad is backing Reggae Angels. He hasn't the last few times i've seen them. However, last 3 times i've seen Don Carlos Wadi's crew has been backing them, needless to say always an excellent show. Wadi never ceases to amaze on drums. Peace.
July 30, 2004 02:44PM
I don't think Wadi Gad is backing Reggae Angels. He hasn't the last few times i've seen them. However, last 3 times i've seen Don Carlos Wadi's crew has been backing them, needless to say always an excellent show. Wadi never ceases to amaze on drums. Peace.

correction:
meant to say Wadi Gad's crew was backing him (don carlos). In my carelessness i typed them on accident. Peace.
jbwelda
July 30, 2004 02:47PM
yes bufo, what a gaffe. i cant believe someone would announce that, and not just as an intro, as an outro as well. that must have been our man doug green. gadi wad...jeeze, i couldnt believe what i was hearing.

and i share your admiration there james...i think he and his crew are dons pretty much steady band. and you had to love having ralston grant and hux brown sitting in on guits backing carlton livingston and briggy. pure murderation there.

one love
jah bill
July 30, 2004 02:52PM
does wadi and his crew record with don at all? Don told me at the Russian River fest that after sierra nevada he was taking time off to record a new album. I have a good feeling that when that album gets released it will be crucial, if it's anything like the last few times i've seen Don live. Peace.
Kind Herb
Tour dates
July 30, 2004 04:09PM
July 30, 2004 10:13PM
Reggae Angels....hahahaha.

Seriously, Bill last show at the Shattuck in '02 Jr Reid brought his own band from JA, not sure who will be backing this one.

Peace
regpara
July 31, 2004 04:33AM
i heard wadi moved to san diego recently.
July 31, 2004 11:04AM
reggae angels r' all over dis 1 so far w/word! c'ya on a south-west stop! -rasPECTS+
August 15, 2004 01:28PM
JUST ANNOUNCED!
Junior'one blood'Reid former lead vocalist of reggae legend Black Uhuru will play the Venue of Scottsdale in Scottsdale Arizona(7117 E.3rd Ave.) on Tues-Sept.14th on his tour from Kingston,JA. with the Reggae Angels &support from 'Arizona Rockers'Kindread backed by 'Heavyweight dub' between acts from Selecta7souN system(R.A.W.#1792*). more info will be posted about dis event & many more @ [www.jahmeekproductions.com] >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
August 15, 2004 03:41PM
Respect, Jahmeek---
Hope people in Arizona come out to support.

PS, Reggae Angels are garbage.

Peace
August 15, 2004 03:45PM
Okay, maybe "garbage" was too harsh. They simply suck.

Respect
August 15, 2004 05:54PM

> wadi moved to san diego recently yes that's right
August 16, 2004 05:41PM
Bufo bufo
August 16, 2004 08:21PM
August 26, 2004 07:25PM
Junior and reggae angels are playing HOPILAND on sept. 16, 2004
HOPI VETERAN'S MEMORIAL CENTER, KYKOTSMOVI ARIZONA
928-734-6686
August 26, 2004 08:25PM
souNz good i*dren! -RASpects+
August 28, 2004 07:28PM
when you call shadduckdownlow club they give a different band for August 28....It is difficult to know if Junior Reid is playing tonight for sure. Do you know and what the time is if he is? thank you.....heidi
August 28, 2004 08:56PM
You know, the nighttime. Will likely come on around 12 or 1
August 29, 2004 11:55AM
well how was it then, if he turned up with reggae angels and rinsed out the place I'm never listening to jb again. winking smiley
August 29, 2004 07:18PM
I woke up sick yesterday and had to work @ 8am today, so didn't go.
Gearing up for Stone Love & Rankin JOe tonight, tho. Maybe J can give a review.
August 29, 2004 07:40PM
Tonight should be rockin', wish I could make it, I'm going to try and get down the Oasis Wednesday. That should be a great one too. Bun one for me !
Sis April
August 30, 2004 12:46AM
Blessings--
Just home from a Berkeley trip and I thought the Jr Reid show at Shattuck had some nice vibes. Lots of good family present, give thanks. Reggae Angles were sounding pretty tight and the bassist was definately happy to be there- which is always nice to witness. Jr played for a while after the club turned on the lights. Lots of black uhuru sound but some new material....he gave an acapella version of a future release and that was cool. the Blood youths had the place jumping-repeatedly-which is not I preferrence but I was the minority.
The preshow backroom vibe was quite nice smiling smiley
And then today I was gifted a few tickets for the Marley show which I promptly sold-just kidding- I went there and saw 1/2 their show. It was lots and lots of Bob nostalgia and 'covers' (is that appropriate to say?) but a few of the originals I heard were quite nice. Damion was really shining and I like his vibe really well.
So that was my weekend--- how was yours?
August 30, 2004 02:16AM
Rankin Joe tore it up, Geefus & Stone Love broke it down. Respect to Black Love sound as well.
September 14, 2004 02:52PM
the reggae angels are backing up junior...i guess thats what you would call them. i have been on tour with them selling merch. every night junior brings it full force. better make it to the show.....venue of scottsdale tonight!!!! i will be there selling merch
September 14, 2004 02:59PM
the reggae angels are backing up junior...or at least thats what you cpould say they are. fenton opens the act usually around 9:30...we;re always running a little late...you know how it is. sandrum is on drums....ryan is on the keys...toho is rocking the bass like a savage and bret is guitar....junior rocks the house every night...i have so much respect for that man in the ways of music and how he vbrings it to the table...i have been touring with them on the trip selling merch. please come check the show tonight in scotsdale....we need your support and love. jr. is trying to reach the people and he is moving in such a humble way. peace and love to all you rasta for keeping it alive.
September 14, 2004 03:04PM
the reggae angels are backing up junior...or at least thats what you cpould say they are. fenton opens the act usually around 9:30...we;re always running a little late...you know how it is. sandrum is on drums....ryan is on the keys...toho is rocking the bass like a savage and bret is guitar....junior rocks the house every night...i have so much respect for that man in the ways of music and how he vbrings it to the table...i have been touring with them on the trip selling merch. please come check the show tonight in scotsdale....we need your support and love. jr. is trying to reach the people and he is moving in such a humble way. peace and love to all you rasta for keeping it alive.Chimino wrote:

>

September 14, 2004 03:17PM
elissa c'ya 2nite! -RASpects+
September 15, 2004 10:54AM
_sorry elissa didnt get a chat in with u @tha stand. i* waz also not in best of spirits due to simple "lack" of communication @ dis show all tha way around tha block. good ting Junior came up pon stage to break the chainz. he iz blessed! im sure u guyz will hav a great show up inna hopiland with out a doubt. butanywayz i'll leave tha rest unsaid to protect tha innocent* -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login