Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pinky Dread --- Anyone know more tunes...??

Posted by reggaefan 
Pinky Dread --- Anyone know more tunes...??
January 04, 2007 05:33PM
Got a various artists cd called 'Better Days Are Coming'

The songs I like the most on the cd are by Pinky Dread [Love Rastafari, Flesh and Bone & Innocent Man]

Are there other songs by this artist? Ernie B doesn't list anything by Pinky and I haven't seen spoted other tunes elsewhere...

I like Pinky's voice and style --- he's not trying to immitate another JA singer and he seems to have an unforced, natural sounding voice...[good lyrics too]

Anyone else like this artist?
Re: Pinky Dread --- Anyone know more tunes...??
January 04, 2007 08:26PM
Big Up ReggaeFan .........

Yu can find a nice single 7" on di Liji Label ... Pinky Dread " War & Crime " ....

liji@colis.com on di label !!!

...... Ises ......
January 04, 2007 09:30PM
Thanks Asher Selector ---- guess I forgot to mention 'War and Crime' --- which is another good Pinky song on the various artist cd...

Noticed that the cd [Better Days are Coming] dates back to 2000 --- hope Pinky hasn't finished his recording days,,,would like to hear more from him
January 04, 2007 10:56PM
if ya give I a private message I link ya wit mi bredrin Chassy -->

he's a writer wit one dem JA newspapers and is da man who gimme dat very same cd back in 2000, he knows nuff artist dem and can probly link da I to dem onna Better Days Are Coming

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 04, 2007 11:28PM
Yes, I've heard some tunes from this artist, but can't remember the names. And I love most of it. I want to hear more!

DUB IS TOO DREAD FOR WORDS.... binghi2digi
March 17, 2017 10:08PM
just received an email this morning from LeeAnne. this is one reason why anyone can find my email addie in my profile here...

LeeAnne
Greetings,
I was recently searching through some old threads on Phorum SNWMF and saw this thread regarding Pinky Dread. I am from the Bay Area, but I now live in Jamaica. I have attended many SNWMF, going back to the 90's.
(here LeeAnne provided the link to this ten years passed thread)

I was hoping to reply to your inquiries, but I have been waiting for over a week now to be approved to post on the site and I am still waiting. I found your email address in your profile.
I am a long time, good friend of Pinky Dread. I just spoke to him and he has asked me to write to you. He is living in Jamaica now and is still writing music, recording and performing here in Jamaica.
If anyone is interested in contacting him, please feel free to send me an email and I will send you his contact information.

Give thanks.
Blessed love.
LeeAnne

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2017 01:48AM by Ras Danny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login