Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toots and the Maytals Live!

Posted by williamspin 
Toots and the Maytals Live!
August 03, 2004 05:41PM
If you weren't there on September 29, 1980 to see Toots and the Legendary original Maytals, then you missed out, but don't feel bad, one of the best live recordings in reggae history exists of that concert. I wasn't even alive to see that show, but I have had this record for about ten years now and it is one of my absolute favorites. Toots and the Maytals run through an amazing set of classic favorites like "Pressure Drop", "54-46" and "Funky Kingston." Toots and his Maytals play an electrifying set of classic reggae standards played with the urgency and beauty of true musical revolutionaries. The original recording was enhanced and re-mastered and here its re-released for all of you who missed the show. This is the sound of Toots and the original Maytals, riding the heights of their international popularity: listen and be awed at the incredible vibe of their spiritual energy.

[www.universalchronicles.com]
Re: Toots and the Maytals Live!
August 03, 2004 05:47PM
"Toots and the Maytals
Author: waxwizzard (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: 07-19-04 21:31

Toots and the Maytals Live, one of the greatest live performances ever captured on record was re-mastered and re-released a few weeks ago. This was one of the first reggae records I ever bought, after catch a fire. That record is one of my most prized, that historic performance stands out as one of the best concerts i never saw. I heard about a week ago, at my internship at universal that they were re-releasing a new copy of it and I had to check it out. The new version is crisper, cleaner and more urgent than ever before. Toots' vocals soar above the deep reggae riddims that always moved me. If you have never heard this cd, or want to hear the difference 20 years makes, check it out at

[www.amazon.com];

One love,

Rootz
Re: Toots and the Maytals Live!
August 03, 2004 05:49PM
Must be a great album, attracting such praise...

One love,

Rootz
Yet another Toots and the Maytals Live!
August 03, 2004 05:50PM
"Author: waxwizzard (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: 07-15-04 19:35

That Classic Performance by Toots and the Maytals which I was unable to attend is being re-mastered and re-released, it just came out 2 weeks ago. This was one of the first reggae albums I ever owned, after Catch a Fire, and this new version just makes me wish I was there even more. As a live album, this one really holds together, the vocals are soaring and crisp and the band plays solid riddims. All great versions of my favorite songs are on the album, 54-46, Pressure Drop and Sweet N' Dandy. This is a must for any roots rock reggae fan, also I really dug that cd Toots did with No doubt etc. Check it out at
[www.amazon.com];

One love,

Rootz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login