Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another RASTA dilemma.....

Posted by rustfan 
rustfan
Another RASTA dilemma.....
August 05, 2004 12:57PM
Had a bbq last night and my friend killed a house fly that was buzzin' around his veggie burger - since he killed the fly - is he still a rasta???

I told him he's still a rasta because he was eating a veggie burger........but the dead fly might be another issue.
Greedy G
Re: Another RASTA dilemma.....
August 05, 2004 01:02PM
No, he's a murdering scumbag that's racist towards insects and he's going to hell for eternity. :-)

Respect

G
Sis April
August 05, 2004 01:32PM
I think it would be more of an issue for your friend if he were tibetan buddhist. Really.
August 05, 2004 01:40PM
What if it was a white fly? An oppressor fly?

More seriously though, if rasta was that strictly against killing, there would be very few skins on the drums at a nyahbinghi...

One love,

Rootz
Dick Dockleaf
August 05, 2004 02:49PM
Do true rastas shave their balls?

I suspect not!
rustfan
August 05, 2004 02:54PM
We just found a way to solve the problem.....he's gonna play Ras Michael's song "Fly Away" ten times in a row and ask for forgiveness....

Rootzilla - that is a very deep thought - but what if the drum skins are synthetic - so it just looks like animal skin - what then?
August 05, 2004 02:56PM
They're not. They're animal skins. I've read that the rasta doctor Bongo Hugh I is actually promoting the ending of killing for this purpose also. Not too many people have been responsive from what I read, though.

One love,

Rootz
August 05, 2004 10:18PM
I would kill anyone...insect, mammal, human...who (as JahMeek's hero would say) "**** round mi food".
one love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login