Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tell me about snwmf

Posted by PATTY 
tell me about snwmf
March 02, 2004 03:43AM
we're considering going to snwmf this year instead of reggae on the river. who can tell me about sierra nevada? is there more than one stage? (i've seen a mention on this board about "dance hall" - is it a separate stage or area?) how many people attend? what's the camping set-up like? sounds like lots of roots reggae, which is great...

Re: tell me about snwmf
March 02, 2004 04:33AM
there is more than one stage, thereis a dancehall that's open after the show till pretty late. (for three day ticket holders)
BRING LOTS OF SHADE AND WATER.
i've never been t rotr so I can't compare

respect

michael
March 02, 2004 05:23AM
2 Stages , One big hall ( dancehall ) I love dancehall , 2003 SNWMF , I was skankin till 3 am on fri and sat. ! This venue and patrons are the Best !
March 02, 2004 05:13PM
Yea Mon The SNWMF IS Alot better than reggae on the river, Its been over comercailized. and the SNWMF is mostly on the Down low still,
"I hope this festival is always under the main stream"

P.S. Way Better vibes at the fest - From people and more people
It to me, is the greatest Place and Time on earth!
Though I have Not seen much on this earth,
Yet!

Happy Trails
March 02, 2004 05:37PM
Positive Vibes,positive people,Massive Riddums,A uniting of our very souls for three days of truly leaving the problems of the world behind,enjoying MAMA Earth,Drum Circles,DanceHall till forever,beutifull people, Parties at every tent,Families,kids,at SNWMF you have it all,,5 year vet,I n I look foward to this all year,,Peace and love to all,IRIE
bun n cheese
March 02, 2004 05:40PM
Once upon a 3 day weekend
brothers and sisters from all around
gather together to share
word power and sound
March 02, 2004 06:23PM
r.o.t.r. is great ive been there 87,88,96,97. always highlight off my year.never been to snwmf.this year im able 2 go to both! IRIE ITES!!!! how is the ground there for setting up tent? do youre spikes stay in the ground or do you have to burry with rocks like r.o.t.r.? i want the fine tune info? see u all ther!!!!!!!!!!!!
jb welda
March 02, 2004 07:19PM
ive never camped there but its gotta be better than on the rocks (in more ways than one, or even two) at rotr. its dirt youll be camping on but it looks to be fairly soft, soft enough for stakes anyway, though this could depend on the weather, eg: if it dont rain from now to then (pretty unlikely) the ground will be dry and hard but from what i could see last year, it was fairly grassy and soft.

one love
jah bill
napabink
March 02, 2004 11:43PM
You might have the problem of bent tent stakes as the ground is very hard. Bring the heavy duty ones. And a hammer. Maglights don't cut it for hammering.
You should embrace your spot, no matter where they stick you. Cause even if it don't look that great at first, you'll probably feel different after the fest. I would say that only about 10% of all attendees get to enjoy NATURAL shade. So bring your own.
b nyze
March 03, 2004 01:31AM
a Slice of heaven....
middlerth
March 04, 2004 01:27AM
Its like a BBQ with all the family you only get to see a couple of times a year. And all the food you can eat. With the best music blessing the air. SNWMF= Sierra Nevada World Music Family . Its a multi cultural event that seems to fuse together some of the most peacefull vibes on the planet for three days. That is why we have been blessed with the solstice to make it the longest day of the year. Even the earth doesnt want the day to end.
ian
March 04, 2004 02:11AM
Ive only been to rotr, too. I was lucky enough to be able to afford tickets to both this year. I already sent my orders for both which is pretty exciting. Rotr is crazy, and I heard snwmf is much more mellow. The line ups this year for both venues so far are absolutley incredible and I am totally stoked. Hopefully Steel Pulse will show up to rotr this year. They haven't showed up the last two times they signed for the show so hopefully the third time is the charm. Sierra nevada should be a great way to start the beginning of the summer and rotr is a wild and crazy way to end it. Peace and stay happy + healthy till we get there!
pale ryder
March 04, 2004 07:53PM
And bring lots of drinking water, and it is smart to bring separate water to wash your dishes, cause using expensive drinking water for dishes is well, bumboclaat!
Some nice mini lawn chairs should be on ya list too. As well as a fat cooler stocked with ice for refreshing cold beverages. Cause I like Cold Beverages!!!!!!
March 04, 2004 11:19PM
As opposed to lukewarm piss beer
pale ryder
March 04, 2004 11:38PM
Murdera! Mills, those are for monday morning!!
napabink
March 05, 2004 01:06AM
natty light baby.
March 05, 2004 11:23PM
snwmf is a great venue, and fun all around. I've been for 4 years and I've loved it. It has more shade then rotr and it is has 2 stages which is nice. But, the only thing about snwmf is that they don't have as good as artist as they did in the past, and I think the crowd has gotten smaller. They need to bring in the top artist Buju, Gregory, Barrington Levy, Beenie Man, etc. You get the point. rothr gives you your money's worth with Damian Marley, the Morgan Heitage family, etc. So, in ways I would say save your money and go to rotr.
March 05, 2004 11:27PM
Barrington Levy played last year... so did Capleton. Buju has played 3 years ago (i think.. cant remember)... I think SNWMF is muuuuuuch better than ROTR -- its more about the music -- and you get to see alot of artists that you wouldnt normally see because they arent as huge as the major artist.
bun n cheese
March 05, 2004 11:28PM
like i'd take advise from someone on dialup...
bun n cheese
March 05, 2004 11:29PM
katers, she works for rotr promotions dept.
March 05, 2004 11:31PM
ah.... that makes sense. Well, I am not going to ROTR this year unless I am envited back to Volunteer. Its too damn expensive! (not just the ticket -- the WHOLE adventure!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login