Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where's the DANCEHALL

Posted by Dj Meadowlark 
where's the DANCEHALL
March 02, 2004 09:50PM
THE LINE UP LOOKS COOL FOR ROCKERS BUT WHERE'S THE BASHMENT WaRREN? hOW ARE YOU GOING TO TOP MIGHTY CROWN? pEACE WATERTRUCK SOUND
jb welda
Re: where's the DANCEHALL
March 02, 2004 10:05PM
stur gav topped mighty crown.

but that was last year.

this year watch for (rumours are spreading...) downbeat and stone love and maybe some guests over the top of them.

thats straight from the rumour mill.

one love
jah bill
flip
March 02, 2004 11:30PM
don't follow rumours
it will tear us apart
TR-808
March 02, 2004 11:40PM

funny you should mention those lyrics flip

i know Carlton Livingston was interested in playing but i don't know if they have been able to get things set (scheduling, etc...)

yes i am hearing about Downbeat the Ruler coming west... original Studio One dubplates is the sweetest dancehall.. bashment can come and go, and does
flip
March 02, 2004 11:52PM
I have some Carlton Livingtston on a Stur Gav tape with Josey Wales and I think Charlie Chaplin. I heard the rumors about him playing......I'm all for it.

Studio 1 dubplates would be crucial.......

not really on the subject but there is a studio 1 Roots double album compilation that was put out a few years ago that is so good. was listening to it last night...
some Winston Jarret, Willie Williams, Leroy Wallace, one tune is credited to Bunnie and Skitter and it is wicked.....if you like the Roots -check it i wish i remembered all the tunes..............
TR-808
March 02, 2004 11:54PM

sounds like the Soul Jazz Studio One Roots set.. yes man
napabink
March 03, 2004 05:37AM
studio 1 roots, rockers, soul, djs. check all the others. Soul Jazz Records is a light in the dark, for reissue compilations.
napabink
March 03, 2004 05:41AM
How could I forget............... "100%, 200%, 300%, 400%, and 500% Dynamite" are all titles in another series of compilations by Soul Jazz documenting the evolution of reggae music. Covering a lot of styles. All 2 LP's. And all Crucial.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login