Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bunny wailer!!!

Posted by sillysquirt 
sillysquirt
bunny wailer!!!
August 11, 2004 03:46PM
bunny wailer is coming I have backstage access!! yeah! My very good friends dad is the one bringing him. I can't wait. My friend is so lucky, she gets to hang out with them on Friday and Sat. Friday is Maui and Sat is Oahu. Guess most of you don't care, you probobly saw him this summer.
jbwelda
Re: bunny wailer!!!
August 11, 2004 03:56PM
saw him just the other night and it was well worthwhile. not only does he put on a great show but his backup singers the psalms are fantastic on their own. have a good one.

one love
jah bill
August 11, 2004 03:58PM
Please tell Bunny that his Show at Ruisrock festival in Finland in 1996 is still one of the high points among my concert experiences (even though he'd missed the plane and arrived some 9 hours late, just in time to play for the last hour before they had to shut down the sound).

One love,

Rootz
ras kinchelow
August 12, 2004 06:08AM
saw him sunday at the hollywood bowl, super show.
sillysquirt
August 12, 2004 09:37PM
I can't wait!!! I was supposed to go to the Maui show too, but due to a job situation I could afford the extra 400 dollars for rental car and airline tickets. That one will be more chill with less security breathing down peoples necks.
Laysan
August 13, 2004 10:16PM
see you there!!!! I'm back on the island and ready to jam!!! Did you know Luciano will be appearing at the Tower Records on Kapiolani BLVd at 3pm on Sat.?
sillysquirt
August 13, 2004 11:06PM
no way!!! Now I don't know if I should go to the concert on time to get parking or go to tower. I probobly would have a better chance getting a picture with him or something at tower records than back stage with all the hub bub. I have never once seen one person on this board who lives in Hawaii. Or are you visiting? I thought I was solo island loner girl. smiling smiley
Fish
August 13, 2004 11:22PM
Jah Bill, are the Psalms really the Gaylads with a changed name? Or is that a different group I'm thinking of?
regpara
August 13, 2004 11:41PM
aloha sillysquirt,

i'm from o'ahu and have attended the last three sierra nevadas. i'll definitely be at the show on saturday.

bless,
aaron

[www.reggae-paradise.com]

sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 12:12AM
I wonder if jahbill will even take the time to read this thread? smiling smiley Did you see our Hawaiian flag at the festival regpara? We were camping behind the main stage. Never seen your name posted here.
Laysan
August 14, 2004 04:37AM
Yes Sillysquirt,
I live here. I never made to SNMF in a long time but I was at Rotr last weekend with my family. I am so looking forward to this show because my family pooped out before Bunny last weekend. It's actually going to be my 2nd wedding aniversary. Whooo hooo. I'm so glad we made it!
August 14, 2004 05:49AM
Psalms=Gaylads. You can chalk that one up to homophobia......
sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 12:50PM
haha just like the HI college team changed their name from rainbows to warriors.
August 16, 2004 06:19PM
Psalms has one of the original members of the Gaylads - Maurice Roberts.
August 16, 2004 06:39PM
it was an easy transition to go from rainbows to warriors using this as a guide. [www.technoharp.com]
August 16, 2004 08:06PM
bunny waz reasoning the classic set list & the band sounded great @R.O.T.R.! would have rather seen him play @any other venue im sayin' because for 1 the sound man had the whole board off wack for about half the set. 2 had to wait through a long set of hip-hoppers telling people to throw their fist in the air(15minute segment)before he played. 3 to conclude the last dat line-up spot so belonged to luciano & company* 4 to top it off because of some local curfew had had to stop early & even complained on stage because he wanted to play longer. so with band warm up & a psalms song he barley played over a hour. so like the mc said R.O.T.R. friday nites will never be the same after a bunny performance but making iNi wait forever for the reggae to start again because u wanted to mash the crowd w/ hip-hop is pure non-sense for a "reggae festival" especially when his set waz cut because of these detailz -RASpects+
Laysan
August 16, 2004 10:46PM
Again he was cut off. Mike in hand still trying to speak they rushed him off the stage. I'm fed up with this place. I appreciate the music and the message brought by the performers but the Waikiki Shell is on the wrong list in my book now if you know what I mean. They cut BUnny off at 10:00 and it wasn't because of some curfew. I have a feeling that the organizers were trying to cut down their costs on things like labor (security guards and what not). I've got other issues here too. It's no wonder we rarely get good perfomers coming here. No raspect!
djwood
August 16, 2004 11:46PM
I checked out the Hollywood Bowl show!!! Wow, what a treat!!! Once the people complaining about the pot smoke got scared off, it was roots!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login