Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite in LA

Posted by liz 
liz
Midnite in LA
August 11, 2004 02:20PM
I can't wait until tomorrow....I'm soooo excited! Midnite's 1st time in LA.Is anyone coming???
jbwelda
Re: Midnite in LA
August 11, 2004 02:22PM
hopefully midnite is.

one love
jah bill
liz
August 11, 2004 02:57PM
what do you mean by that Jah Bill??? They better smiling smiley
jbwelda
August 11, 2004 03:03PM
im sure they will liz.

one love
jah bill
liz
August 11, 2004 03:18PM
Thank you! I thought you might have known a secret...
ras kinchelow
August 11, 2004 11:07PM
yah mon. im supa ready. anyone doing the leg la>sd>tj>san juan capistrano?

who caught reggae night at the bowl?
Sis April
August 12, 2004 11:31AM
Last night in Tahoe was nice. I do know they left on time this am heading out to LA.
August 12, 2004 11:45AM
It was good to meet up with you and Sarah in Tahoe last night. I only wish we had had more time before the music got going, and apologize for getting teared away as soon as we reentered. Perhaps we can continue with that at the next Midnite concert in these parts (Sept. 19th) or the next time you pass through s.f.

But i didn't think last night was nice.... i thought it was Great!!!! Whereas Midnite's concert on Sunday night was at a festival called Reggae On The River, last night's music was literally on the river.

For those of you who have never been there, River Ranch is an excellent venue at the entrance to Alpine Meadows. The stage is acutally right on the bank of the Truckee River. It holds 500 people, and there were at least that many people there last night (if not more). The only drawback was the fact that it got cool, and what with the band being 'on the river' it made for a most chilling experience for the band who could hardly feel their fingers through the cold, and wearing gloves while you play bass, keyboards or the guitar is just not an option.

I would love to see Midnite forward there again to do a concert in the heat of the day......
Sis April
August 12, 2004 12:01PM
Blessed Love Daniel- it was great to meet the I as well. We will definately be following up on that 20 sec little taste I recieved, fe sure!
Last night in Tahoe for me was really pleasent, ya know. The vibez were nice although I always have a hard time with all that beer everywhere because some drunk fool always ends up knocking their beer in to me. And then the folks around are usually pretty sloppy and less considerate, etc. and it just doesn't get as 'high' as it can.
But there was a meteor shower last night and all the while watching Midnite, behind and above them these shooting stars were racing and it was simply majestic.
Midnite sounded great and again, the more I hear the more I really see how profound Vaughns mind is. Also, I think Dion is just exceptional and that man really takes I to the ites. I always leave Midnite feeling extremely empowered, light, devoted and uplifted. When they first begin to play, for the first couple of songs, it always feels like I heart is expanding. Literally making my heart skip beats...I feel that quaking in my chest. I sistren Sarah is feeling rededicated to her faith, fe sure.
I give thanks for the wordsound and I would do almost anything to get down to LA on time. Any one want to sponsor my trip?
August 12, 2004 12:53PM
nice reminder, it time for the annual metoer shower, I would have forgot this year, I try to see it every august.
August 12, 2004 07:57PM
yeah mon, everyone who enjoyed last night, it was a honour. I drove these bredren last june during their tour. got to really "know" the guys. they are all great, righteous, quiet humble bredren out to show the world what babylon doesnt want us to see....also, up next now we are getting bambu station/iba another band from the virgin islands following in midnites footsteps. modern roots at its finest. they will be at the monterey reggae fest this sept. 5th for their first california debut. than in mid november for a full 11 show west coast tour....check mtneborecords.com to seek more....they are also bredren with midnite and I know phil(midnite bassist) drums for them occassionally and tuff lion the guitarist of bambu station was the original guitarist for midnite before they moved back to croix from dc in 99.....bless you and lets keep these "right" bands coming forward...more to come.....
August 13, 2004 11:10AM
Did you all know that Vaughn has a Masters degree in History?- cool huh
K
August 13, 2004 11:29AM
That would help to explain his clarity of thought. Great lyricist!!!! I always know when Midnite is on their game because they're so tight and rootsy that I get sleepy. It's not a bad thing. The music is so trance-like at times that it just relaxes me to the point of sleep.

fourtwentyplenty

Post Edited (08-13-04 11:31)

fourtwentyplenty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login