Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feeling Blue & A Note For You

Posted by J 
J
Feeling Blue & A Note For You
August 13, 2004 03:07AM
Sorry, I just need to vent... I am so sad, my brother, who I am very close to has just left my house. I live in Ca, and he is now on his way to Colorado. He is going to school there. Right now I am listening to Alpha Blondy "Le Feu" and it is making me more sad. I don't know, I just like talking to all of you, so I felt like talking to you all now. I don't know what I am going to do without him, you have no idea, we are so close. Oh well, that is the way life is. I am not asking for any advice, because there is really nothing I can do except deal with it. I miss him already.
Thank you all for being you... I really feel close to all of you, I don't now how to explain it, but there it is, hidden amongst all of the annoying questions from me, what from "First Timer" and "Stupid Q But I Have To Ask"... I love you all, really. Even if I never meet all of you, I care... if you need anything, ask, and I will do my best to help you out. I know a lot of people... but I call few of them my friends. It is hard to meet people that you would actually want to keep as friends. You all are great people and I am so happy to have stumbled into this phorum. I finally met someone from this phorum... Ras Mosis, and he turned out to be a really nice person. That just reinforces that you too are all amaizing; I don't know how, but it does for me. I need to stop... I am getting really sad. I should stop listening to these sad reggae songs.

One Love
Thank You
Peace, Love, Unity
-Jacquie

post script- I did not mean for the subject to rhym, but it is the little things like that which make things great...
Re: Feeling Blue & A Note For You
August 13, 2004 03:17AM
Health & Strength, J. And dig out some good-time dancehall if you feel you've listened to enough moody music. Or if you want to stay moody, my choice for those moments is always Miles Davis' kinda blue... Great healing album, IMO.

And remember: there are no stupi questions, only stupid people. winking smiley

One love,

Rootz
August 13, 2004 11:12AM
And Zoki people.

One love,

Rootz
Dick Dockleaf
August 13, 2004 01:43PM
I'm feeling pretty crap at the moment too, J, so you're not alone! As you say though, we just gotta deal with it

smiling smiley

Greedy G
August 13, 2004 03:10PM
Sorry to hear you're down J.

I always play one tune that picks me up when I'm down.

Marcia Griffiths - Feel Like Jumping.

If that don't give you at least a brief feeling of joy then I'll eat my hat.

Respect

G
August 13, 2004 03:28PM
Precious love,
please hear my heart.
Don't leave me like this,
when tear drops fall.
J
August 13, 2004 07:44PM
you dont have to eat your hat... though i did not listen to the song because i dont have it... but i listened to some Yellowman, which is deffinately nice and up beat at times.
oh, last night my friend's dog bit my knee. I had to go to the ER, it hurt like you would not believe. now i am stuck the whole weekend with my leg up in a funny position to keep the swelling down. well, that is just another thing i have to deal with. how great!
one love
-Jacquie
August 13, 2004 07:52PM
You really must check your posts more frequently, Gordon already ate his hat (a large sombrero I brought him back from Mexico) and he too has been in the ER all morning, I'm surprised you didn't see him.
August 13, 2004 08:08PM
Bufo: Maybe they have separate ERs for UK and US?

"last night my friend's dog bit my knee."

Was it already today when that happened? Then you could blame friday the 13th...

One love,

Rootz
More to the point.
August 13, 2004 08:13PM
Reindeer are known to seek refuge from biting insects by standing on cool snow and ice patches which the insects dislike, how will you overcome this problem in Ghana ?
J
August 13, 2004 08:15PM
no no, it was about 10pm when it happened... you know, i think i did see someone with a sombrero looking stomach...
i forgot about this friday the 13th business... no you have got me worried... what more could happen? *knocks on wood*
One Love
-Jacquie
August 13, 2004 08:23PM
Well, I only have 40 minutes of friday the 13th left and I'm snugly at home so I'm not too worried myself.

Bufo: reideer skin (or fur or whatever) is naturally quite light which in itself is enough during the daylight hours (the mosquitoes in Africa go for dakr colours, which is why it's advisable to wear light colours especially in the evening). For the night time I guess I'll just have to erect some big-ass mosquito nets or some big fans (The tropical mosquito, in my experience, is not very good at landing in in dark in unfavourable wind conditions. During my 5 months in Ghana I only needed mosquito net twice, othwewise the ceiling fans took quite goo care of the air traffic control).
August 13, 2004 08:23PM
One love,

Rootz
August 13, 2004 08:24PM
please no more slagging gordon - he has endured enough ("sombrero looking stomach"winking smiley.
August 13, 2004 08:28PM
Reindeer are only light when wearing their thick winter coats, the typical summer coat is a rich chocolatey brown in my experience**.

**I managed a small herd once of about 40 individuals and was also responsible for the two teams that were housed at Pinewood Studio's during the shooting of 'Santa Claus, the Movie' starring Dudley Moore.
August 13, 2004 08:29PM
Pretty impressive collection of typos in my above post...

One love,

Rootz
August 13, 2004 08:40PM
Sombrerro...

The guy walking on the beach with an arm stacked with Sombrerro's walks up and pulls the top one off. He leans down with Sombrerro in hand and asks "Cocaine?"
August 13, 2004 08:42PM
And Dillinger answers: In my bloody brain, mon.

One love,

Rootz
sillysquirt
August 13, 2004 11:59PM
Bufo should just stay in Mexico with his sombrero next time smiling smiley
August 14, 2004 12:04AM
You're of course right, Bufo. Although some reideer stay white all year round. I guess I'll just have to be very selective in breeding the reideer for the tropics. How many sombrero-fulls of cocaine were you able to smuggle in one reindeer?

One love,

Rootz
Bufo Bufo
August 14, 2004 12:11AM
Friday afternoon, just had a skinfull, I'd better watch my posting from here out, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......
Bufo Bufo
August 14, 2004 12:16AM
This has baffled me.
August 14, 2004 12:22AM
It's your look, Bufo. Many white dread hippy/reggae types are not ready to see a naked man wearing a sombrero. That's why you get the dirtiest looks from these types. Like you're now the scum of the earth, even though you used to look just like them and have the same ideals (presumably).

One love,

Rootz
sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 12:39AM
haha, fuuuuny.
Greedy G
August 14, 2004 12:58AM
Not more people obsessed with my stomach?

Maybe you and Steely could form a fan club? :-)

The fact that I'm a large guy doesn't really bother me at all so it never ceases to amaze me that some people think they can upset me by pointing it out all the time.....

Now someone go get me more pizza :-)

Respect

G
sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 01:08AM
One slice of pizza has as much fat as a big mac.
Greedy G
August 14, 2004 01:50AM
What about four slices? :-)

Respect

G
August 14, 2004 02:00AM
Yes, please.

One love,

Rootz
sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 02:52AM
that was the point of the article I read. When I eat pizza i like to eat like over half the pizza, which is like 5 big macs which is 135 grams of fat, which is more than double what they say is healthy to have in a day. I like pizza that's dripping with cheese. smiling smiley
J
August 14, 2004 06:50PM
who cares...I mean what else are we to eat if not pizza. We cannot eat the deer.
Greedy G
August 14, 2004 10:25PM
If God didn't want people to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat? :-)

G
sillysquirt
August 14, 2004 11:19PM
I can side on both sides of life with eating/not eating animals. I did not eat meat for over five years. When you get pregnant you are supposed to eat 100 grams of protein a day,, which is 5 packages of tofu. Bleh, too much tofu. I just started craving steak. I couldn't beleive it.
J
August 15, 2004 12:10AM
oh well, i guess one should just try not to buy from those meat producers who kistreat the animals.
J
August 15, 2004 12:11AM
or mistreat the animals either... though killing them, i dont think, is too kind. :-)

one love
-Jacquie
August 15, 2004 01:10AM
But we could eat some reideer, couldn't we?

One love,

Rootz
Greedy G
August 15, 2004 01:44AM
Reindeer? Yuck!

Gimme kebabs!

G
August 15, 2004 02:12AM
Reindeer's cery good, G. Tastier than Kebab, certainly.

One love,

Rootz
sillysquirt
August 15, 2004 10:38AM
reindeer is venison. Yum. organic
August 15, 2004 12:50PM
Very tasty, very low fat, and clean. And we can buy it directly from the producer (my parents' summerplace is in Lappland).

One love,

Rootz
J
August 15, 2004 05:36PM
i only eat things that are cery good... i have yet to try something that is cery good...hehehe

One Love
-Jacquie
August 15, 2004 06:12PM
You know what time it is, J.

One love,

Rootz
J
August 16, 2004 05:11PM
what time Rootzilla?

Respect
-Jacquie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login