Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zoki

Posted by Vanessa T 
Vanessa T
Zoki
August 15, 2004 10:45PM
I always read the posts to and from Zoki but I don't understand.

Is there a joke that I'm too dense to get?
Is the SNWMF message board the new home of surrealism?
Or are there more sinister forces at play here?
Re: Zoki
August 15, 2004 10:50PM
Not so much Surrealism - it's more an extreme form of Dadaism called dildoism - I wouldn't read too much into it.

One love,

Rootz
August 15, 2004 11:00PM
"A foolish fox is caught by one leg, but a wise man by his dildo."

One love,

Rootz
August 15, 2004 11:06PM
(Hey Zoki I'm really living but that was a proper way to sign my journey out)

Vanessa...with good humour I would consider him a webduppy. He must hav eaten a "Lee Scratch Perry acid" some years ago... the recipe being after destroyed for obvious mental sake(lol). You could also consider him as a Web-Scratch... a distortion of the internet-reggae-forums scene. Surprising some times !
With respects to both of you !
August 16, 2004 05:02PM
vanessa - to specifically answer your questions: #1 don't know #2 not new home but temporary lodging for surrealism #3 if by sinister you mean BAFfers then yes.
Vanessa T
August 17, 2004 07:09AM
Penny was formerly called Peter.
Vanessa T
FAO: Penny Reel
August 17, 2004 10:48AM
I am in the process of collecting Bob Marley's Music on CDs. Since quite a number of the songs are repeated in different albums; I was wondering if there is some minimal set of CDs I could buy to cover all the music?
August 17, 2004 03:17PM
Easier to download them all for free, then you can delete duplicates.
Oh wait, Bob wouldn't get paid for them if you did it that way...
August 17, 2004 04:10PM
Hehehe!!!!
August 17, 2004 04:39PM
Glad to see there are still reggae enthusiasts, Zoki.

One love,

Rootz
pale ryder
August 17, 2004 05:46PM
Vanessa T,
I would suggest buying all his original albums, like catch a fire, burning, natty dread, uprising, survival, etc.....There are also a lot of crucial tunes from the old school that you speak of that are duplicates, but they are usually done ina different fashion, so I think it is worth having both versions.
Zoki,
That came outa left field, but you really nailed it with the women of the 70's. Sometimes it is not the least a girl wears, or to hear her discuss how splendid she could make you feel if only you could be her sugar daddy. Back then it was raw, wish I would have been older than born then.........
jb welda
August 17, 2004 06:10PM
if you are considering non-island records vanessa, then what may appear to be duplicated titles are actually completely different versions. marley remade a lot of his songs over the years most notably for island records, remaking songs he originally cut for lee perry or even before. in these cases the songs are not really duplicates but completely different tracks. many of the early releases are available on trojan and jad labels.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
August 17, 2004 06:28PM
are you implying i only reply to females? or that i do something other than waste my time?

one love
jah bill
August 17, 2004 07:13PM
jb welda
Re: music for vanessa
August 17, 2004 07:46PM
>Yabba You,

its yabby u

>Rockers,

a style, she certainly wont find much if she looks for a band named that, maybe def leppard

>Blackart

a label used rarely and nothing is out these days that i know of. perhaps you mean black ark, lee perrys studio, but again, she aint gonna find much in tower records under this name.

so while your suggestion has some merit, i would suggest you suggest specific titles for her to look for.

start with anything on blood and fire, and most anything on pressure sounds.

and if that web site in any way reflects reality, i would say she is not a waste of time.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
August 17, 2004 09:07PM
i am the bionic man, penny.

one love
jah bill
August 17, 2004 11:25PM
jbwelda
August 18, 2004 03:25AM
on that note, dirtweed, im out of here.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login