Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite in SF on sept 9

Posted by Sis April 
Sis April
Midnite in SF on sept 9
August 25, 2004 11:28AM
Blessings Collective-
I just received word that Midnite is coming back into SF on Sept 9. I don't know where...and i can't find info on the net. Anyone know yet?
Bless,
Sis April
Re: Midnite in SF on sept 9
August 25, 2004 12:13PM
Well the 9th is doubtful (unless their plane to Hawaii has a stop-over in s.f.), but they will be at the EarthDance Festival on the 19th.....

[www.earthdance.org]
Sis April
August 25, 2004 01:42PM
Never mind- my bad. I totally misunderstood.
August 25, 2004 01:46PM
Were you distrated by mid-wifing?
August 25, 2004 02:07PM
I think Oct 9th they will be at Reggae in the Park in SF.
Not positive about that though

Love Right, Live Right
Sis April
August 25, 2004 02:10PM
Not this time Bun. Distracted- truly- but no mothers in labor today, that are waiting on I atleast.
Hey- have we had a profession confession here before?
August 25, 2004 02:15PM
sis april,
I am 20 weeks pregnant and am thinking about having our baby at Sage Femme in Sf. Do you have any comments about this birthcenter?

Love Right, Live Right
Sis April
August 25, 2004 02:37PM
I do not know much about this birthcenter but the staff midwives are all CNM- certified nurse midwives- and because of that, and state law, there is a very narrow group of women that ACTUALLY end up having a nonmedicated, safe and reverent birth. I am not speaking against any one in particular, just sharing the general consensus that natural and sacred birth is less likely to occur with a CNM or MD/DO than with a roots midwife that knows her stuff. A CNM has to get preapproval from her supervising OB before she can do anything-- and if things get rough it is most likely that you will be 'handed over' to the doc, which in typically obstetrical terms means 'automatic C section'.
Because a CPM/LM is trained extensively to handle complications in may forms, and not 'hand over care' promptly, I belive that a CPM/LM has a broader scope of care and therefore, better chances of patience, trust and evidence based care being the rule instead of MD-hospital-malpractice insurance company mandated beauracracy.
I would suggest that the I begin/continue learning about the blessings and benefits of birthing at home with a CPM/LM (direct entry, state regulated midwife).
Home birth is truly the *safest* *most gentle* *holiest* and down right most comfortable place to birth your baby and there are several amazing and empowering wise wombman midwives in the bay area. Contact a few of them and meet them and just feel the vibez- pray- and your answer will manifest.
Blessings on your search- and no matter what any one tells you, it is never too late to change care providers. I did at 8 months and am so very grateful I choose to.
Blessings in HIM,
Sis April
August 25, 2004 02:48PM
my (ex)wife and i took advantage of the mid-wife program of group health hospital in seattle. she only saw a doctor twice during her preganancy and we used our mid-wife karen exclusively for checkups and tests. it was not an "at-home" situation, we were in the hospital but karen seemed to be in control of everything. it was a very positive experience (my exes labor notwithstanding) and we have a beautiful 9 1/2 yr old now. i would recommend a mid-wife program to anyone.
August 25, 2004 03:01PM
My sister had her kids via mid-wife. She homeschools and all of that. Lives on a farm with beef and goat and poultry. Shoot, I need to smoke signal her....
August 25, 2004 03:03PM
i get board-schooled.
August 25, 2004 04:22PM
Sis April,
Thanks for the info.
Do you know Yeshi?

Love Right, Live Right
October 05, 2004 03:28PM
I would like to know if I can make plans to go this weekend.

Did anyone find out if Midnite will be in SF on the 9th?

Post Edited (10-05-04 15:28)

Awakening
October 05, 2004 03:43PM
The post was regarding September 9th, which has long since passed. Unless you live in Stowe, Vermont, you are gonna have a hard time seeing Midnite this weekend.....
October 05, 2004 03:48PM
Oops, I was thinking Octonber 9th

Anything going on this weekend?

Awakening
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login