Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Beenie dropped from MTV awards show

Posted by money fi bun 
Beenie dropped from MTV awards show
August 25, 2004 08:49PM
Re: Beenie dropped from MTV awards show
August 25, 2004 08:56PM
"Heddy Pena, executive director of the Miami-based gay-rights group SAVE Dade, said: "We respectfully suggest that he use other metaphors." Her group had been organizing the protest."

I agree. I feel they should stay true to their culture and that the blatent and unimaginitive fashion they bun out the chi chi should be presented in a more clever and sophisticated method. I think they are getting so much heat because of the lazy lyrical stylistics. They shouldn't be so obvious, I feel the quality of chi chi man tunes has gone down hill.
August 25, 2004 08:58PM
I also think it is too bad they are fingering out Beenie Man.
August 25, 2004 09:15PM
the very word "homophobia" waz entered offical @ blodclot Webster's in the year 1969*
look in the less than 25years where they have come too now.
i*personaly dont claim gay people to be ill in a way of "intellectualism" another izm created in 1838* but sumting sure does smell like S*** intendance! since the year 1969 iNi will tell ya! -RASpects+
August 25, 2004 09:23PM
Beenie needs to forget this whole international recognition thing, and go back to focusing on his hardcore dancehall following abroad and in the C'bean, where he is still loved. If Virgin don't like it, they can go **** themselves.
August 25, 2004 09:23PM
where have they come to jahmeek? being more able to live their lives without fear of recriminations and violence? isn't that a good thing for people to enjoy? hows about if we just switch around a word or two and see what you think....... just look what the world is coming to with these niXXers getting so uppity. now they want to go to our schools and be able to vote. what next. a niXXer for a governor. pretty nice huh jahmeek. these people that you so thoroughly hate have done NOTHING to deserve your hate except exist. find something more pressing to rant and rail against. and keep your prejudices off this board. thankyou.
August 25, 2004 10:03PM
i*dont hate any1 i*friend &dont hold anyting against u or your gay friends. so get your facts straight i*mon. so what does amnesty international & gay rites have in common. remember it's not sticks & stones anymore dirtweed jus playground names or suggestions here iNi deal with on issues with dey way dem playing it out it looks as if dem mixxin' together now maybe dey should be called anmesty gay international where alot of dar focus has gone these days sweeped rite under the mat of our on prsisons & fuct county jail system. along with all these new local groups supported by another puppet master.
all fruits ripe & dey were made for iNi but anal sex & rug licking will never be accepted by iNi* in dis strange land! more brimstone & fyah! az sum up in cali still searchin' for dat REGAY Band dat is not alive yet & never will be. just like gay christainz dem have no foundation, unless 1969 american history event counts for the entire world & were not chatty about woodstock here. -RASpects+
August 25, 2004 10:12PM
I can't make out what you are saying Jahmeek.
Are you saysing that you don't have a problem with other people who don't have a problem with gay folks? But that you personally don't like to get buggered in the ass or like to eat pum like recipe?

fair enough.
August 25, 2004 10:15PM
yeh good for ya money also dont tink it's rite to enter public school system spreading these wrong ideals of same sexx image. atleast wait till dem @ a mature colledge level befor your fall flat spreading proganda to iNi children.
-RASpects+
August 25, 2004 10:16PM
jahmeek - your beliefs are your own and i would not try to change that. what i do object to is posts that seem to say that violence against gays is ok because they are gay.
August 25, 2004 10:18PM
Wouldn't it be good to educate kids as they are going through puberty? When hormones are raging and holes get stuck?
August 25, 2004 10:19PM
I say that because most of the gay folks I know have known they were gay from pre-teen.
August 25, 2004 10:20PM
I mean, you say you don't know any gay people, so how could you know?
August 25, 2004 10:25PM
remember i*name iz jahmeek not beenie man or bounty killer or who ever else uzes the string dem up style. i*dont like violence against any1 ,if dem gay or straight but dem slackers can seh wha dey want, no matter if dem tellin u to bow to demon wayz or uplift in a concious joyful style. simply live & let live or die i* stay simple but with "morality". also dont like sum1 try to overmind true morality which is a crime being commited by gay rite activism. -RASpects+
August 25, 2004 10:36PM
If they want us to not judge their lifestyle or point of view, they need to leave ours alone as well. This whole thing smacks of the usual colonial tactics used by the Euro-American alliance to convert every other culture to their way of life/thought.
August 25, 2004 10:43PM
I don't know any gay people who are "down with hetero." I have met tons of straight people who are "down with homo" though.

break it down, chimino.
August 25, 2004 10:50PM
well let i*step it foe da money! i've meet several gayz dat tryed to be up with hetro but iNi can alwayz sense dis nervous engery dat iz very unstable. mayB dem fear rejection or dey r'just being concious of dar bedroom sinz. either way your rite many more straight on batty/lezbo bandwagon than a kool runninz' of RASpect for the human race.
-RASpects+
August 25, 2004 10:51PM
40 years ago, every culture/nation I can think of (other than maybe France) was anti-gay. Then starting in the 70's and 80's Europe and North America started to change their tune and slowly accept gays & lesbians as being normal.
And in typical fashion, if Europe & America suddenly decides something should be so, then the rest of the world should as well....or else suffer repercussions until they decide to bow down to the almighty Uncle Sam.
Whether you agree with the anti-sodomy laws or not, they are the Carribean nations' to either defend or retract, and should be allowed to live as they wish. Otherwise it's another instance in a long line of the First World oppressing the Third World's right to determine their own destiny.
jjlab3
August 25, 2004 10:52PM
I might have mentioned this before but National Public Radio (NPR) did a whole segment mainly about Beenieman and dancehall artists in general and their tendency to insult and call for violence against gays.

According to the report anti-gay violence is become an increasing problem in JA and there have been some high profile murders of gay activists and tourists recently. They trace part of this problem to the increasing of amount of anti gay sentiments in dancehall music.

Gay organizations are stepping up and asking for these artists like Bennie to change their lyrics or face cancelled concerts and boycotts.

These artists face a tough choice. Stop with the anti gay material and alienate their hardcore dancehall following or stick with it and face the possible cancellation of big money US tours and record contracts.
August 25, 2004 10:58PM
dem sold out for american radio now dem sell out for jamaican dancehall also. even bounty killer himself has dug in the money pale & agreed to change his lyrics for german listioners while performing. for sum1 who claimz to be such a bad boy like bounty he sure blow his load dar. -RASpects+
August 25, 2004 10:59PM
Well think about it, you say "many more straight on batty/lezbo bandwagon than a kool runninz' of RASpect for the human race."

Wouldn't you be a little nervous around folks that felt you were a wicked evil person? You are talking about people who live life daily in fear of the reaction to what they are. I used to live in the south. Those rednecks hate black people as much as gay people. They are pratically the same in their eyes. I've witness nuff hatred for black and gay poeple. It is pure ignorance. They won't talk to a black person, but they sure will put them on the ground. Same for gay folks, won't bother to find out what kind of individual they are, just that they are gay and deserve to be boxed.
August 25, 2004 11:07PM
I say big up to the protestors. Stand up for your rights. Hit 'em where it hurts, in the pocketbook, and watch them crumble.
August 25, 2004 11:07PM
c'mon chimino - no one is trying to make you gay.
August 25, 2004 11:15PM
yo'money i*fall in dis everyday in dis babywrong & dont cry about it @gay concert event with a picket line. tru-wasteland dis babywrong! -RASpects+
August 25, 2004 11:18PM
They will not get far on a foundation of hate. It's that simple.
flip
August 25, 2004 11:19PM
with George W in charge I highly doubt that the US will be officially converting anyone to being more accepting of gays. Our president feels we should have a constitutional ammendment against gay marriage. i doubt our government is pushing any other government to be more accepting....

obviously the gay issue has been big lately. these people still do not have the same rights as hetero people. if i was gay i'd be fighting for my rights as well.

personally any ammendment like that is a waste of time. I believe that homosexuals are born that way. i'm sure there are gay jamaicans (sure must be fun being gay in jamaica)- obviously there are gay americans.

we have gone over this subject about 5 different times and for the most part i have resisted comment - because it is a waste of time. it's been hashed over endlessly and I don't see anyone changing their minds...

i don't care if gay people get married
i don't care what gay people do at all actually
i don't care if Beenie Man gets on MTV or not
MTV is shite
August 25, 2004 11:21PM
I love the Flip riddim.
Zoki wears a tutu
August 25, 2004 11:23PM
it's one thing not to agree with the gay lifestyle but it's another to wish them dead. What is Beenie Man thinking. I'm glad MTV pulled him from the concert, serves him right. Maybe he'll think twice about the content of his next album "I'm dreaming of a new Jamaica, come to execute all the gays" and "Queers must be killed." These lyrics show that he is full of hate and has no business involved in an MTV concert. Jahmeek and Chimino, i'm fully aware of the stand you take on this issue and i'll tell you this Karma's a Bitch! Do you have kids? Are you teaching them to hate? I wish i knew you personally that way i could laugh in your face when one of your kids comes out of the closet. Then what??? you gonna hate them too?
August 25, 2004 11:25PM
Yeah, Cheney is for gay rights. His boss is not. Cheney has a gay daughter, his boss is a redneck.
flip
August 25, 2004 11:29PM
cheney is for gay rights as of what, yesterday.......before that he was (and for the most part still is) a right wing a-hole oppossed to gay marriages etc...

he is a DICK

cheney
August 25, 2004 11:31PM
I agree, but the fact that his daughter is openly gay has affected his opinion on that matter. He is an ass. My dad retired from Halliburton.
Zoki wears a tutu
August 25, 2004 11:34PM
he was puttin on a show because his daughter was in the audience. don't let him full you, he's full of hate too. the only thing he truley loves are his millions
August 25, 2004 11:34PM
but it just goes to show that even the #2 azzhole in the US of A can see that there is no reason to discriminate against gays.
August 25, 2004 11:35PM
One of my favorite bumper stickers from the 2000 election:

Bush + Dick = Fu*ked
August 25, 2004 11:37PM
yagga yo' many children @paw but not liking gay life style is not a hate crime seen. not accepting morality issues is not homophobia. just like u dun like being called queer or fag. i* dont respect the term homophobic used in a blunt term. i* could care less about mtv garbage or have i* bought anyting with ca$h on beenie's worx. but it is not funny how freedom of speech is being overminded by fcc & gay rite groups. while dem sickness preferz mayb to c gay doing dem ting in public dat iz iz jus az much folly 2 i* az dirty dancehall fanz grind on each other.
born gay* dat iz a serious joke in iNi veiw seen. did a gay scientist teach ya dat flip.
-RASpects+
August 25, 2004 11:42PM
So what exactly is homophobia in your eyes Jahmeek?
jjlab3
August 25, 2004 11:48PM
No Jahmeek the funny thing is that the Gay rites groups are exerting their freedom of speech and fighting back.

And freedom of speech can cross a line when you call for violence against people.

Ya reap what ya sow.
flip
August 25, 2004 11:55PM
c'mon jah meek. you are telling me that people just wake up one day and decide they are gay? i have a hard time believing that.

freedom of speech? this is the most publicity i've ever witnessed for Beenie Man. it's probably helping his record sales. i don't feel bad for beenie Man...

i just don't buy any of his crappy records

maybe i should record a tune called "Kill Beenie Man"
Zoki wears a tutu
August 25, 2004 11:56PM
i really wish i could understand what jahmeek was writing.....
August 26, 2004 12:14AM
i* guezz in relation to the original scare of aids. like when people with aids could not get treatment because nobody wanted to touch dem.(sort of like india & parts of africa now) ya,kno being treated like a walking plauge before everyone found out how u get it. dis i* feel describes dis blown out "young" term. u kno like gay in workplace or army or whatever i*dont fite those old issues. but overminding the term in relationships & advertising to children needs desparite attention from more than sold out christain group trust i*. dem dont repersent streets so now dem after the rasta & his records. wha next?
so when standing feelingz, beleifs r'watered down with propaganda substance it like a lobby for action which should have been in private in 1rst place if straight,gay or not. personaly dem get dem selfs in trouble in many cases because dem feel like dey have to say"hey im gay"out of text like an announcement. so should hetro's start saying"hey im straight" in interveiws or politrick runninz' to keep up the pace? hope certainly not because seemz ill on both sides seen. if iNi want sexx iNi will go to a xxx movie, visit a gay bar or buy a beenie man cd. i* kno sexx sells, it's in almost every other ad in all our faces but selling sexx education has another plan not just how our body worx here. im sure many would agree who r' not gay how dis is being sold in media, focussed on dem selfz. what ever happened to all these other issues dat r destroying the peaceful world iNi live. well it does not envolve sexx or sum white guy being killed so gwan with it cnn say. -nuff RASpects everytime+
p.s. daniel dis reminds i* of when i* worked with 1 for babywrong long time ago @a food shop. he waz gay i* waz not. he never told i* he waz gay or did i* tell him "im hetro!"not even in personal conversations in show of respect to a shared workplace. but the whole time i* knu he waz & he i* pretty much figured he knu i* knu he waz. so long story short here i* never treated him differnt even with a sick feeling in stomach everytime his boyfriend would pick him up after work. so homophopia is mis-repersented i* say in dis crucial time. time for next phase in change im nah fooled here with these politricks but will probley have to witness more stunts for yearz to come. -more fyah+
August 26, 2004 12:38AM
u tink so but i* like to tink i* waz better than dat. second dat to showing a better way of life. -RASpects+
flip: no i* dont tink people wake up 1day & say im gay today but dem kno wha dar doing, mayB not kno why but no fear in negative influence leads to a pleasure & pain trip while having to runn from JAH* the whole time. bowy dat must be hard work. but by tha way bandwagon iz chuckie NOW still more work being a RAS.
JAH knoz*
August 26, 2004 12:47AM
& babywrongs burnz hotter everyday with the message of H.I.M. Haile Selassie i* king of kings, lord of lords conquiering lion of the tribe of Judah. so wha waz ya point again?.......
August 26, 2004 12:53AM
Jahmeek, I'm hearing you saying that it is wrong to deny someone the right to a job, to serve in the military or to medical treatment merely because that person is gay. Forward thinking IMO.

Would you also agree that a person who is hospitalized and can only have 1 visitor should have the right to have that person be someone other than his or her parent, child or (legal) spouse?
August 26, 2004 01:04AM
sure az long az dem only smoke ganga & not cigars in the room. -RASpects+
flip
August 26, 2004 01:08AM
so i guess what you are saying jah meek is that condoning a gay lifestyle makes it easier for gay people to practice that lifestyle because noone is telling them they are wrong?

pleaure and pain- so gay people are having empty sex with no thought to the consequences. no love? just commiting sin.

is it just pleasure because they can't procreate? or because gay people have sex like bunnies...........(gay bunnies of course)

i gotta go work on my new tune "Bun Down Beenie Man". you folks have a nice day
August 26, 2004 01:19AM
nice point flip but rember the reeprah+duction fact. besides the worlds overcrowding in concrete jungle areas, dar iz no answer to B seen in eye'z of JAH* for future of iNi without a mon & womb-mon. dar must b a little grace in creation,ya kno*. i*can also luv i* brother & even be his keeper if needed without bending him over. further more trying also to reverse the facts in very science is mayB more madness than the atomic bomb @times. so anywayz. have a good nite flip! -RAspects+
Laysan
August 26, 2004 01:23AM

"That's called empathy. And from empathy to simpathy.... "

What he wrote was not empathy, he was writing about intuition. . .anyway, I just read all this dialogue and wanted to point out a few things I noticed (or did not notice)

1. Noone here seems to hate gay people!
2. Noone seems to really like beenie man, at least the songs (which I've never heard) that are said to call for violence.
3. There are gay and straight people working out differences rather politely, but there seems to be some expectations for common ground that I don't believe will be found. Namely, either homosexuality is moral or it is not. There are also some who are unsure about whether or not it is moral, like me. (convince me)

One thing that I am sure of is that there is a phenomena that exists and is called homophobia, and that there are homophobic people who go around hating, hurting, and killing PEOPLE who do not deserve such violence. There is also discrimination based on sexual preference that is wrong. However, just because someone considers homosexuality immoral, it does not make them homophobic, just as someone who considers extramarital sex immoral does not make them a hater of swingers.
xacto metro
August 26, 2004 01:29AM
Yes, I see immoral being thrown around alot...

My cat is licking himself right now. Is it immoral to masterbate? I was thinking about telling him what he is doing is wrong.
Laysan
August 26, 2004 01:31AM
I would, and I wouldn't let him lick you! Regardless of the normality of the situation for felines (and other mammals), that's just sick!
August 26, 2004 03:35AM
They're forcing the cancellation of concerts for Beenie, Buju and now Sizzla because they don't agree with lyrical content in some of the artists songs. So now I take it most eher do not believe in free speech, or only free speech when you agree with what is said.
August 26, 2004 03:37AM
Author: Zoki wears a tutu (---.ucsfmedicalcenter.org)
Date: 08-25-04 16:23
Jahmeek and Chimino, i'm fully aware of the stand you take on this issue and i'll tell you this Karma's a Bitch!
============================================================

Only the delusional believe in karma, the rest of us live in reality.
August 26, 2004 09:22AM
JahMeek, how's this sound?

"yagga yo' many children @paw but not liking black life style is not a hate crime seen. not accepting patois is not racism. just like u dun like being called niga or spade. i* dont respect the term racist used in a blunt term."

You subsitute any other group of people for "gays" in a conversation like this and it is quite clear where the wind is blowing... (And just to make sure: the above is a demostrration and does not reflect my views.) I just can't get my head around to understanding where this defence for hate comes from? And I mean songs about killing & execution, even if that's metaphorical, you can't say there's no hate there.

As far as freedom of speech, in European countries the freedom of speech is not inviolable right. You know why? Because of a fella called Hitler. After WWII most European countries have laws that ban agitation against a group of people (not sure about the translation but you get the idea), after they saw what could be the result of unchecked freedom of speech in the modern society.

One love,

Rootz
BMC
August 26, 2004 10:03AM
You couldn't resist huh, Rootz? ;-)
August 26, 2004 01:32PM
Right, BMC. I'm outty now, though.

One love,

Rootz
August 26, 2004 07:43PM
Greetingz-

Jahmeek & Chimino, nice to see that the two of you still have the most sense.

What these Batty promotas/supportas don't understand is that disapproval towards Batty/Chi Chi Bwoyz and Galz come long before the reggae music. They don't understand history very well, only his-story.

So you uneducated on dis 'ear topic, listen up.

It is the same slave masters dem who introduced Christianity to the Africans dem. Then when the same people (Africans) follow the teaching of the Bible as it is written, and stay loyal, then the ones (white folks) who taught the Africans this teaching are going to tell them they are wrong to disapprove of Chi-Chi. What kind of bullsh*t is this? So do they (white folks) beleive in the Bible or don't they? Damn bunch of hypocrites. The Bible cyant change, lets get that clear. The white man does not have the authority to change the Lords teachings. So don't blame this on Africans or reggae music. If you white folks want someone to blame for the disapproval of homosexuals, then blame your own white brothers for teaching the African slaves Christianity. What I see in this irony is that the Black Africans are more true to the word of the Bible and the Lord than the Euro's or white folks that want to change the word. They (white folks) want to change up the rules of the Lord everyday in dem system. I'm not at all surprised by this, because the Bible said that this day would come. Its a part of Revalations and prophecy must be fulfilled. We already know that. So all this siding with Babylons gay issues is all about prophecy being fulfilled by the Babylonians dem. Nowhere in any Bible does it say we must accept the gayz dem or give dem equal rights and marriage. That is man going against the word of the Lord. And man will be punished for this as he was before. And one more thing, don't you ever compare the gay rights issue with the Black struggle. Its very wrong to do so and offensive to Black people. Race and sexual preferance are two completely seperate issues. Of course most white folks don't see it this way, only because most of them have not had to struggle much anyway. The Bible does not say anything about supporting racism, but it says a lot, very clearly about what we should think about homosexuality. So next time you get upset at blacks or reggae performers about their stance on the issue, just make sure that you remember where the teachings came from and who is staying true to the word of the Lord.

I&I nah follow false rulers, only de Lord. Unnahstan? A-oh!

BIG UPS to my Jamaican bredren dem and powa to Rastafari. Always. See me?
Laysan
August 27, 2004 06:30PM
Original Man "They (white folks) want to change up the rules of the Lord everyday in dem system"

Well if that's not a racist generalization, I don't know what is. Still, convince me. Tell me what biblical passages pertaining to the imorality of homosexuality exist and where I can find them. I'm not trying to dispute anything, I am a seeker of the truth!!!!!! Let Jah be praised!
Sis April
August 27, 2004 06:51PM
Leviticus 18:22-23; 20:13
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
1 Timothy 1:8-10

for starters
Laysan
August 27, 2004 06:53PM
mahalo

I'll check them out soon!
jbwelda
August 27, 2004 07:02PM
dont those also contain passages calling for death to shellfish eaters, money changers, used car (well make that camel) salesmen, etc?

talk about your progressive thinking.

one love
jah bill
August 27, 2004 07:04PM
Yeah, speaking of progressive thinking...

Author: bun n cheese (---.cnf.com)
Date: 03-05-04 12:31

Leviticus 25:44-46 : "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."

Leviticus 25:44-46 : "Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession. And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour."

Exodus 21:20-21 : "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property"

Exodus 21:20-21 : "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."
August 27, 2004 07:09PM
If you don't have time to check those bible passages Laysan this website can be a goldmine of related information, there's also a facinating article this month "In defense of Internment" the case for racial profiling.
[www.cbn.com]
BMC
August 27, 2004 07:10PM
Leviticus and Exodus are filled with stuff like this, the one verse being even weirder than the other.
August 27, 2004 07:12PM
Don't make me smite yousmiling smiley
BMC
August 27, 2004 07:26PM
MFB, can you help me with this:

I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

Thanks. ;-)
August 27, 2004 07:30PM
Um, what kind of gloves?
August 27, 2004 07:31PM
if you seriously pay any attention what so ever to any of that ancient mind control gibberish you can not do absolutely anything other than sit around with the rest of the piss weak lunatics reciting that ancient mind control gibberish.
BMC
August 27, 2004 07:32PM
Hm, rubber ones?

In the mean time can you think about this problem for me too, please.

When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

Thanks again.
August 27, 2004 07:33PM
"ancient mind control gibberish "

Sacrilege!!!!!! Heathen!!!!!!

The Bible is the word of GOD!!!!!
jbwelda
August 27, 2004 07:34PM
just dont smite them so hard they they dont arise in a day or two and you should be alright. might be a bit more difficult when the "burn day" control police come by though. whats lev say about them?

one love
jah bill
BMC
August 27, 2004 07:39PM
Hm, don't get difficult on me now Bill. I think Lev is not down with the police, so I think it's cool. Don't know.

Last one:

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

Any help appreciated.

;-)
August 27, 2004 07:41PM
I'll give two chickens and a goat. Oh, and a bottle of mead.

Best offer, take it or leave it.
August 27, 2004 07:44PM
Okay, you can have my mother-in-law too. She's old and talks too much, but you would not believe what she can do with a fig leaf and a mustard seed.
August 27, 2004 07:51PM
Laysan-

Not meant to be racist at all.

It was a generalization. Not meaning all white folks of course, but overall and culturally yes, they seem to be always attempting to change the word of the Lord/church or challenging it.

And as Sis April has pointed out to you, the disapproval of homosexuality is as clear as day in several places in the Bible.
BMC
August 27, 2004 07:57PM
I guess these examples show that taking the bible litterally might be a bit weird ... No?
August 27, 2004 08:03PM
hey rootzilla & whoever else its called censorship* u ever hear of dat? & what sort of trend dis sparks when it iz passed? just buy a cd or a bible from walmart & u will figure it in pretty quik.
>1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
August 27, 2004 08:05PM
Now he's agreeing with Sis April? I wish he'd make up his mind.

I received a letter from Mister Hanky the Christmas Poo:

As a brown-skinned poo in the Bowel Movement I find it most concerning that the white folk keep polluting my sewer environment with their loose cous-cous filled poos. Can you please tell them to eat some plantains or something and less fiber?

Mister Hanky the Christmas Poo

Looks like we whiteys are to blame for the underworld situation too.

fourtwentyplenty
August 27, 2004 10:24PM
Fourtwentyplenty-

See the problem is that when general statements are made about white folks, even the so called "cool" white bredren jump on the "reverse racism" wagon immediately. They flip it around, even though they are intelligent enough to know that the statement made is not directed at every white person, and immediately take offense. Instead of saying/thinking something like "yeah, I can see how someone can think that" or " yeah, come to think of it, that seems to be the pattern" or "wow, I never thought about it like that, I wonder if/how I fit into that generalization". No not all white people are to blame for all the worlds problems, but as far as the statements made on this thread, there seems to be some truth to it.

And just because Jahmeek agrees with Sis April on this topic does not mean he has to agree on everything and vice-verse.

Another problem with this country. They teach that you have to be completely on one side or the other.

Peace
August 27, 2004 10:41PM
Jahmeek: so, given the choice, you would not have stopped Hitler from gathering supporters for his cause? The laws in Euro countries define what is "abuse of the freedom of speech" that constitutes "agitation against a group of people". It's not entirely different from very selective for censorship, but it's not entirely the same either. And it makes sense. There is really very little which could even be investigated as violation of these laws except for hate speech. And I don't have problem with censorship for hate speech, if that's what you want to call it. Not in todays world, where the media can give one individuals words a lot more exposure than in Adolf's time. And I really don't know what Walmart's business practise has to do with it.

One love,

Rootz
August 27, 2004 10:43PM
If you're so confident in what you have to say, why do you find it so important to respond to every nit-picky comment that is made towards you? You may think that you're showing some kind of strength, but to me it looks more like you're trying to justify and convince yourself of what you're saying. My post was a joke. That's all it was. I do see some of your points and truth through all the hate smoke, but when you engage in these battles and bring forth the Anancy in you, it pretty much shuts you off to anyone willing to listen. I know you don't mean every white person and I think anyone with half a brain can see past it if they want to, but I don't think you can grab anyone's attention here anymore. You'll have a hard time correcting any wrongdoings you've done either. I think you ought to just apologize to those you may have offended and try to move forward.

fourtwentyplenty
Laysan
August 27, 2004 10:49PM
Presuming you were refering to me, I never said anything about reverse racism and I don't think there is a such thing. Just because I pinpointed something you said as a racist generalization doesn't mean I disagree with you that there are heaps of white people who have been flip flopping on bible issues over all of history to suit economic and preferential livelihoods. I guess what I really like to say is that so called religious rules/morality changes in ALL cultures to some degree regardless of the truth of absolute morality. I've got more to say later but I'm running out of time so I just wanted to let you (original man and anyone else caring to listen) know that I believe there is racism and then there is racial hatred. A racial generalization (which you can't go a day here in hawaii without hearing) is much different than racial hatred and is something I find much more acceptable (but neither a prefered way of expression). Lets works this all out later. I've got work to do.

Alohas
August 27, 2004 11:47PM
zilla> u say what does walmart have to do with anyting, being the largest single distributer of media in united states, i* still dont overstand where your coming from on dis hitler tribulation. since first of all many warning signs were ignored about the "white" hitler. second if evryone would have respected Haile Selassie's word in his speech to the united nations none of dis history your holding on to would have ever happened. but now iNi live on. so by the level of real concious talent written in Beenie's song here why would u consider dat a real threat. when dar iz countless other groups/singers if on indie label or not dat say much worse. i* mean if u really want to get pickey, i*am very offended by half the whores in pop muzak & their by influence on all the young bubble gum listioners but would not go past the limit of what can be heard past i*own speakers. so anyways now dat the d.e.a. makes bad bizz for dem self why not the m.e.a.(m is in music)so dey can sniff around third world performers & punk rock bands. no peace ,no justice >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
AAAdariaaa
August 28, 2004 02:25AM
420plenty, the Mr. Hanky statement needs proper props to our conversation of yesterday. I must be credited with co-creating that movement, hee hee hee...too bad some of these folks just don't get da jokes. As a plaid skinned woman in the movement, I must agree with myself.....
Haruumph! Hey did you get our Bennow tx????? Huh huh? It was truly nice to see and hang witch ya and your boy the other daze!
Peace and christmas poo, A3
August 28, 2004 10:15AM
"i* still dont overstand where your coming from on dis hitler tribulation. since first of all many warning signs were ignored about the "white" hitler."

Exactly. Hitler is the great European example of many things going horribly wrong. So after the war Europeans took stock and saw that the intervention must be as early as possible to stp that from ever happening again, hence the less-than-absolute freedom of speech in Euro countries. So today hitler probably wouldn't be allowed to go on (we'll never know for sure). So I was trying to clarify the historical motivation behind the legislation to which many Americans react with indignant cries of "cencorship!"

"u say what does walmart have to do with anyting, being the largest single distributer of media in united states"

Yeah, I know something about your side, how's your info on ours? My point was, if you can't buy a record at Walmart because they don't stock it, that's business practise, that's corporate politics steered by what Walmart thinks their customers want (or don't want). If you're stopped from spreading Nazi propaganda in Finland, that has to do with the national legislation. So they are definitely different things. (And I'm talking about Nazis here simply because that's what it usually is when the 'agitation against a group of people' law is referred to. It could be other forms of racism, or it could be batty bashing, I could be propaganda against red haired people, whatever).

One love,

Rootz
August 29, 2004 08:55PM
well zilla finland runn tingz much differnt than u.s. & ive never visited dar so i* really dun kno* but here in amerikkka dar r' many nazi or white race groups here dat runn under their legal rites. dey even have parades & protest dar stupity to the mass'z & nobody really gives a crap to much about it because if dey try to do more than preach dar fowl message & shave heads @dem summer camps dey will be arrested. so u c' dar is a very fine line about bidding 1'z time & wasteing 1'z time. so besides the lame race issue groupz which were probley most influenced by their parents in the 1rst place their is really no threat from any of these problems including da gay ting or tha klu klux klan any more than the simple police brutality on a poor person walking down the wrong street @the wrong time. so like i* mentioned before dis gay issue is fueling media ,because it's being payed for by higher powers pockets(not simple picket puppets)along with gangs of lawyers who r'also in on dar"own"mission challenge while norml people especialy 1'z who can not afford bail & such r' guilty to proven innocent while @same exact time cops "r'always"innocent to proven guilty everytime seen. well dat is how it works in u.s. not sure of finland, ya kno*.
also walmart does have big commercial pull on what is defined on suitable lyrics but dem pretty much also have dar own line of cd versions aswell dat is mis-leading because not much sign of it on packaging even with explicit tag on it along with other shops most seen in malls like sam goody, ect.. so go buy your favorite dancehall cd from dem & u will find the vocals were simply dubbed out on any mention of material say claim below standerd aswell as your anti-gay commits u seem to rally support for.
in this case on beenie's back r'these whatever's cause for 1 national tv would edit any such commit in 1rst place,so what is big deal anyways i* can just imagine him tinking. 2) he has been in music bizz a very long time & if dis knocks any listioners off from buying his new cd many more r' sure to take their place in return with no doubt on all dis free publicity. so in all dis nobody group protesting beenie is more on trying to make a name for dem selves off beenie's now commercial succes looks 2i*. u kno sean paul is hiding out rite now dont ya, look what dey did to shabba as history repeats itself in dis cornering trick of popular artists.
so time marchs on. iNi live a reality & it's in dis babywrong iNi live. so if u cant overstand those simple facts this conversation cant >forward^ -RASpects+
August 30, 2004 07:47AM
"1 national tv would edit any such commit in 1rst place,so what is big deal anyways i* can just imagine him tinking."

Isn't the awards show broadcast live? (Not sure, but that's what I think.) If it is, it makes sense MTV doesn't want somebody who's clearly in contradiction to the image they want to promote to be on the show.

Maybe the far right is not the most relevant example as far as US goes, but you gotta remember for example in Austria the far-righters got the majority in the cabinet, and far right pparties have had some support in other central European nations as well, so that crap is way more real here. So far not in Finland, luckily. But it seems that the far right semi-nazist parties can get considerable support from peeps who are not happy with their lot... Anyway, the point was, once things went tooo far in Europe, that's why those laws were put in place. And since the parliamentary system in most Euro countries effectively give access to power to more than two parties, the extremist movements have it comparably easier to gain official status, so the checks need to be there as well. You guys only have two alternatives anyway (or one alternative, should I say?)...

"so in all dis nobody group protesting beenie is more on trying to make a name for dem selves off beenie's now commercial succes looks 2i*. u kno sean paul is hiding out rite now dont ya, look what dey did to shabba as history repeats itself in dis cornering trick of popular artists."

Or maybe the homophobic lyrics are just not going to be accepted in Europe or US and the performers need to learn from that? Gay bashing may be part of the JA musical culture (unfortunately), but it isn't part of the generally acceptable mainstream US or Euro pop culture, and the artists know that. So if they go against that grain, they should expect resistance.

One love,

Rootz
August 30, 2004 04:05PM
And I'm quite sure that they do expect resistance. I think that the point has been made clear by now. Thats why I respect the dedication of my people even more. They say "take your wad of cash and stick it". Bless for dat. Well, its justlike the Bible said, "don't follow the fools into the fire". There will be temptation$ to walk into that fire, but don't do it. Plain and simple,revalation will reveal. Prophecy will fulfill. Its already been written. It makes perfect sense that Europe and the U.S would take the lead on promoting deez 'ear $inz. I mean they did mess with the word of the original scripture already, whats to stop them from continuing? Nothing. Gay acceptance and marriage in the church? Gays adopting kids? $inz upon Sinz, and more to be expected. Just because those in power are controlling these trends through the media and such, does not mean that they are right in what they are promoting. Lookat what these cultures have to show for it at the end of the day. Divorces, infedelity, kids out of wedlock sexually transmitted disease, from the youth on up. So go ahead and call it homophobic if you want to, but your using the wrong term. It has nothing to do with homophobia, its called the word of the Lord. Andwhat the hell has MTV done for the betterment of society anyway?About as much as Madonna has. About ZILCH (0). So they can all go bl*w each other till they're blue in the face. Rasta man chant on for-Iva dedicated to righteosness.
August 30, 2004 07:21PM
zilla> 1rst up is dar is no such ting as live tv anymore becuase of a few weak incodents the fcc now has legal rite to edit. any & all of everyting u c'on ya boob tube b4 it reachs screen. 2nd about nazi's or white power groups trying to gain power in europe is sumting dat has always been & by numbers will always hold a certain irogance just like in u.s.. even kno it's wrong it takes all kinds of bambaclots to mek babywrong wha it iz, ya kno dis is not a federal paradise*. so anyways did u ever hear of a man named david duke who ran for prezident of united states a few elections ago? well if u have not do a little research & u will find a clean cut hoods mon sticking it rite in our faces. thank jah he never made it anywhere close but tha ballet was dar & even allowed in debates, where nader of today a much briter mon on the future on many issue's is barred from even showing up the '2'powers dat hold the office spots with dar butts in everyone elses face who is not a elephant or donkey. "truthaphopia" is more on the level of reality seen. -RASpects+
August 31, 2004 07:46AM
"Andwhat the hell has MTV done for the betterment of society anyway?About as much as Madonna has. About ZILCH (0)."

Agreed. My point was about the image they want to have.

"They say "take your wad of cash and stick it"."

Re: Beenie's recent 'apology': It's more like "can I have my cake and eat it?"

As far as prophecy, fire etc. go, we'll just have to agree to dsagree, I guess.

One love,

Rootz
Sis April
August 31, 2004 05:22PM
I know ya'll know the stance I hold regarding Scripture so I won't even coming bashing back....
But read this-
Incient times were not pretty times. The Ible is a physical record of cultures and communitites that we can not imagine...and slavery was the norm. THE NORM. Ok there is something ones call Christ consciousness and from the Ible and even from shifts in the heavens times changed, it is recorded, people evolve. Community morals and goals change. This is no excuse for slavery or some of the truly 'foreign' concepts that the old books speak of but it is an Incient truth and just because ya don't like it doesn't mean that it wasn't real. It doesn't carry into today---so what's the problem?.
Have ya'll heard of the New Covenant???
Ya can't go reading a few words here, a few words there. The Torah reminds of InI lineage- where we have come from and the pain trials and prices the people paid daily. The system was very much controlled by money grubbing false priests and that is why the mountain open up to consume the Aaronic priests in entirety. JAH burn out all that wicked intention and corruption- it is already done.
So if ya wan't to actually learn something and make a choice rooted in wisdom and truth than ya should read the whole thing and the Kebra Negast with it and have a good hebraic and aramaic concordance with ya--- in in many years you might have enough true knowledge about the Ible to make a stance one way or the other.
And go burn that King James Version while ya at it.
August 31, 2004 07:16PM
only to add that their are "many" versions even worse than king james version being distributed very wide today. so in verse's its sort of picking prezident of u.s. dis year . meanings having to choose the better of the two evils. ruff -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login