Advanced

Beenie dropped from MTV awards show

Posted by money fi bun 
Re: Beenie dropped from MTV awards show
August 31, 2004 08:39PM
So what's the good version then?
August 31, 2004 11:12PM
Maccabean. At least if you're willing to take Max Romeo's word for it.

"Have ya'll heard of the New Covenant???"

Touché.

One love,

Rootz
September 01, 2004 06:45AM
Macka B a name dat speaks for itself! professor dub it! -RASpects+
September 01, 2004 04:15PM
It is ironic because Beenie was the butt (no pun intended) of much battyman speculation, I think he overcorrected with a slew of battyman chune that have now trashed his career.
Sis April
September 01, 2004 05:19PM
the New Jerusalem Ible is technically the most complete Ible out there, with restored books and lots of corrected text that was either mistranslated or intentionally left out over the ages. Of course one would need several more texts as well....
September 19, 2004 02:04AM
watch naw nothing wrong with beenie man saying bun out dah chi chi cause dats what need to happen. Gay and lesbian aint nothing but sinners and if thats what beenie man what to talk about thats his right. its called freedom of speech.
September 19, 2004 06:32AM
true raggagyal, but if Beenie is so willing to turn right around and say there's nothing wrong with being gay and Jamaicans are ignorant for burning battyman & battygal, why should we give a ****?

If these artists won't fight for their freedom of speech in order to make a quick international dollar/pound, neither will I.
September 20, 2004 12:55AM
yeh mon* i*tink dem have alot of fear because nobody wants to happen to dem what happened to shabba ranks for a prime example. all dat BIG dancehall rap is now looking like a money juggle these dayz by many of these jamaican superstars. not like it didnt b4 but a little more obvious with checks out on table zeen -RASpects+
September 21, 2004 10:19PM
What happened to Shabba Ranks?
jbwelda
September 21, 2004 10:22PM
im not sure what jahmeek is referring to but shabba went from tops to bottoms in about what seemed like a week after getting a USA recording contract and attempting to pander to a USA audience with watered down hip hop "reggae". he basically lost all his yard fans and didnt pick up all that many USA fans...and then i think the USA label dropped him. figures. never pays to sell out, you must remember your roots.

one love
jah bill
BMC
September 22, 2004 05:49AM
Shabba got in a lot of problems (career-wise that is) when he openly admitted his dislikes of gays. Can't remember how or what he said exactly don't care enough to find out. It did influence the decrease of his international popularity.
September 22, 2004 07:58AM
>im referring to dat same time peroid jah bill. while dis frame he also did a bunch of radio & some tv interveiws because of growing pop & label boasting. during these interveiws shabba waz appoarched about about his anti-gay beleifs & lyrics. in response shabba pressed further on about dem questions in aggressive details. maybe it's just some of us who realize dis also had a major role on getting hiz plug pulled, not just the chessy hip-hop crossover style. commercial labels r' a bitch ugh. stay inde* -RASpects+
September 22, 2004 03:40PM
I heard he did NOT burn out gays, and thats what put his career on pause.

I heard it was an interview where they asked what his stance was on gays and he said that he didn't hate anyone. And the Yard turned their back on him.
BMC
September 22, 2004 03:52PM
mfb, I believe that happened when he tried to save his career after he did mention his dislike of gays in public. This making him overall unpopular for at the one side being anti-gay and on the other hand for sort of 'apologising' for his statements. At least that's the story I always heard.
September 22, 2004 03:55PM
He is not a good politician it would seem.
BMC
September 22, 2004 04:06PM
Indeed. :-)
September 22, 2004 04:11PM
there's no such thing winking smiley
October 05, 2004 10:50PM
More Fire for Beenie.....

JACKSON EMBARRASSED BY BEENIE MAN COLLABORATION
Janet Jackson has apologized to gay fans for performing a duet with reggae star Beenie Man, insisting she never would have recorded with him if she knew he was homophobic.
The dancehall star is among a number of Caribbean hitmakers currently being targeted for anti-gay lyrics in songs, and his inclusion on the new blacklist has embarrassed Jackson, who recorded "Feel It Boy" in 2002 with Beenie Man.

The dancehall star once advocated the killing of gays in his early songs.

Speaking to gay magazine Genre, Jackson insists she knew nothing about the reggae star's controversial past when they teamed up.

She says, "If I had known that, I would not have worked with him. It's shocking to me. We're on the same label, so I should have known.

"But at the same time, I wish someone from the company would have told me, knowing how ... I feel about the gay community.
Acacia
October 06, 2004 12:00AM
That's a bunch of BS from Janet. Why would she do a song with him without listening to any of his material first? I am sure she was familiar with his music. A desperate attempt not to lose any more of her fans.

BTW, you all know how I feel about the gay community.
October 06, 2004 12:04AM
Yeah, it really says a lot about her hand in her creative process.
October 06, 2004 02:52AM
she was just looking for bucks.
unfortunately it seems like many musicians are rolling over for the bucks. unless they are having a change of heart.
October 06, 2004 03:59AM
It's not just musicians rollin'.
October 06, 2004 06:03AM
Janet has to look out for all the funny-guy brothers in her family, you know.
October 06, 2004 07:55PM
It's probably because of her boob, she has to get back part of the country.
Acacia
October 06, 2004 09:11PM
That part of the country that was offended by her tit on TV can not be gotten back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login