Dreadstock Festival - the Latest Info
August 29, 2004 01:39AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

SATURDAY & SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25 & 26
DREADSTOCK FESTIVAL
M.U.S.I.C. – Music Uniting Souls, Integrating Communities
VALLEJO MARINA, VALLEJO, CA
11:00am – 8:30pm daily

THE UNITY LIFE YOUTH PROJECT IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE VALLEJO NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES, INC. PROUDLY PRESENTS THE DREADSTOCK FESTIVAL AT THE VALLEJO MARINA IN VALLEJO, CA ON SEPTEMBER 25 & 26 FROM 11:00AM UNTIL 8:30PM.

Located on the beautiful grassy lawn of the scenic Vallejo Marina, the Dreadstock Festival on September 25 and 26, includes two days of Caribbean and African music plus an international marketplace offering arts, clothing and crafts as well as ethnic and favorite festival foods.

Dreadstock 2004 will feature the Jamaican roots reggae of Mikey Dread, Pablo Moses, Prezident Brown, Carlton Livingston, Earl Zero, and Wadi Gad; a roots of aloha celebration with the incredible Hawaiian roots man, Humble Soul plus Marty Dread, both backed by the Native Elements band. Latin reggae sensation, Red I, and California favorites including Groundation, Dubwize, Resination, Tchiya Amet and Luna Angel will also be gracing the main stage. There will be a second stage with toasting and djs including Rankin’ Joe, Sammy Dread, and Ras D. Radio personalities Rocky Bailey from KKUP, Spliff Skankin’ of KFJC and KPFA and Tony Moses from KPOO will be the Masters of Ceremonies all weekend.

For decades, reggae music has connected youth and elders through dynamic and conscious music. Dreadstock stems from this same foundation – bringing community members of all ages together through the power of music. Dreadstock fulfills its motto of M.U.S.I.C. – “Music Uniting Souls, Integrating Communities”, by bringing reggae music where it is needed! Dreadstock was created and founded by Dennis Johnson and John Dillinger, executive directors of Unity Life Youth Project, in partnership with the Vallejo Neighborhood Housing Services Inc., two Vallejo non-profit organizations.

Tickets are available online at www.dreadstock.com or call 707-642-2750
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES :
One-Day Pass - $15 for 18 & under, $20 for Adult
Weekend Pass - $30 for 18 & under, $40 for Adult
Children under 5 FREE

Saturday, September 25
Mikey Dread, Prezident Brown, Earl Zero, Haile Maskel, Wadi Gad, Red I, Tchiya Amet, Dubwize

Sunday, September 26
Pablo Moses, Carlton Livingston, Humble Soul, Marty Dread, Native Elements, Groundation, Luna Angel, Resination

About Unity & Life Youth Project (ULYP)
ULYP’s purpose is to provide holistic youth development through free youth workshops and seminars within ULYP's 6-Star Programs: *Academic Enhancement, *Health and Wellness, *Mentorship Counseling, *Community Outreach, *Computer Technology & Application, and *Career Building. ULYP is based in Vallejo and serves Bay Area youth!
For more info about this organization, call Dennis Johnson, Executive Director, at 707-642-2750 www.unitylifeyouth.org

About Vallejo Neighborhood Housing Services Inc. (VNHS)
VNHS’s purpose is to facilitate the production, acquisition, rehabilitation and preservation of housing for low to moderate income households in order to combat community deterioration and to preserve neighborhood stability.
For more info about this organization call 707-643-2143 or go to www.vallejonhs.org

For more festival info, please call our hotline at 707-642-2750 or go to www.dreadstock.com

For media inquires please call Amy Shapas at 831-479-0711, ashapas@sbcglobal.net
ureek-a dub
Re: Dreadstock Festival - the Latest Info
August 30, 2004 05:11AM
Gonna be a great fest!!
1 love
August 30, 2004 06:31PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 08:43PM by dalehauskins.
August 31, 2004 09:29PM
This is great !!! Thanks for this info.

Awakening
ROOTS
September 02, 2004 12:49AM
Can't miss this show..Pablo Moses on Sunday..ITS GOING TO BE SO IRIE..Also Humble Soul..boy this is turning into quite the festival
September 03, 2004 03:02AM
Lodging -  
The Quality Inn is one of our sponsors and is giving a great rate to those coming to the Dreadstock Festival.

The Quality Inn has provided a special Dreadstock rate of $65/per night! Make your reservation now! Rooms will go fast!
Make reservation by calling Vallejo Quality Inn at: 707-643-1061

I'm also checking out RV parks and campgrounds within 15 miles of the Vallejo Marina - more info soon coming.
ureek-a dub
September 03, 2004 11:53AM
I hope all can check out Resination on sunday around 1100 Am on Sunday!
Roots
September 10, 2004 07:26PM
I can't wait to see pablo Moses, Humble SOul and Groundation--HUGE..don't forget to check out Dreadstock.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login