Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Callie riddim (Star Trail - 2002) - riddim mix with Beres, Capleton, .....

Posted by BMC 
BMC
Callie riddim (Star Trail - 2002) - riddim mix with Beres, Capleton, .....
September 04, 2004 10:33PM
New riddim-mix up for listening at:

[home.planet.nl]

Riddim: Callie
Label: Star Trail
Year: 2002
Tunes:
* Beres Hammond - Hail His Name
* Capleton - Things You Do
* Luciano - No One Can Hide
* Sizzla - Give Jah Praise
* Anthony B - Jah Love
* Version
Size: +/- 5 MB

Wicked roots riddim from the Star Trail label. A few years old, but as good as back then. This is a six minute+ mix of the mentioned tunes from the biggest artists in the scene. Check it out. Feedback appreciated.

BMC

[home.planet.nl]
waaaaah. i still can't get your clips to play. i have real-one player. do you have any suggestions??
Re: Callie riddim (Star Trail - 2002) - riddim mix with Beres, Capleton, .....
September 05, 2004 03:53AM
Wicked mate, are they turntable mixes ?
bufo bufo - is there anything special i need to do to get download? i get a message that says "file not found" or something like that.
September 05, 2004 05:10AM
I certainly didn't do anything special, I'm on a mac with OS X and just clicked the link and the little MP.3 thingy opened up and played the mix. I could tell you how to induce mating behaviour in South American Horned frogs, but unfortunately I'm not much use to anybody when it comes to computers, I generally bribe clever stoner friends with weed to come round and sort mine out. Sorry mate !
thanks anyway. i guess i will try your bribery technique next.
September 05, 2004 07:16AM
winamp is much better than RP or WMP, in my experience.
[www.winamp.com]
BMC
September 05, 2004 10:00AM
Dirtweed, Real Player is of no use I guess. Here's what you can do: right click the link of the mix and choose "save target as". That way you can save the mp3 to your harddisc and play it from there (remember where you saved it though) with the program you normally use to play mp3's with. Downloading the free WinAmp is a good advice from Chimino, it's the only program I use for mp3's.

Thanks Bufo!
No, no turntable mixes, I wish I was able to that. These are computer-mixed, so basically copying and pasting parts of the tune (with a wave-editor) in the mix at a precise place to make the transition smooth and all, which sometimes is not so easy, but fun to do! Sometimes it works out great, sometimes it sounds lousy, but the ones I put up on the net are the ones that are at least reasonable in my book. :-)
thank you gentlemen. gonna give it a try when i get back from sanfrancisco tomorrow.
xacto metro
September 05, 2004 07:39PM
Hey BMC, what software do you use?

This is my cup of tea. digikal. I was thinking day before yesterday of including this riddim in a cultrue mix.

I tend to let the intro's bubble up in the background before transition, not such a sharp contrast in the mix. I guess it depends on the lyrics... Those are some short clips too, I tend to let the some breathe a little more. Sounds good fi ture, don't get me wrong. I know that I always appreciate a little cronstructive opinion. Bless
BMC
September 05, 2004 09:34PM
Hey Xacto. Thanks for the feedback, indeed always appreciated.

The software I use is Nero Wave Editor, a program that came with the Nero burning software. Easy and good enough for mixes like this, but as far as I know it doesn't have the option 'bubble up'. It's just one wave, one sound, no possibility for layers. That's ok if the lyrics allow it, the riddim has to be continuous ofcourse, no obvious breaks. What do you use, because I'm actually looking for something that is able to do that different layer stuff?

As for the length of the tracks and the way of mixing 'm is a combination of taste and practical use. I don't mind a short part of a song, as long as it gives a good impression of it. I don't really pay attention to the contents of the lyrics, it just have to fit in a transition, I don't pay attention to what they sing only how (or did you meant that too?). For me the lyrics kinda have to flow through the riddim, but what they sing is not so important. Another point is that I merely make the mixes for my enjoyment and to let others hear how nice these tunes are so that they possibly want to buy 'm themselves. Too long parts of a tune might make 'm settle with the mix, while I like to keep some left to desire, see?
Third point, and possibly the most important is the total length of the mix and thus the size of the file. For downloading purposes a small file is preferable and to let people hear more tunes, the length per tunes should be short too. Finally I sometimes simply like short parts better, it kinda makes the mix lifely with every minute and a half or so a new singer.

Respect.
Fish
September 05, 2004 10:43PM
Wicked update of Slaving, I hadn't played these tunes in a while. Nice mix, too, thanks!
xacto metro
September 06, 2004 06:39PM
Nice, I see what you are saying. I usually make full length CD mixes to give away so that is my modus operandi.

I use Sonic Foundry Vegas for multitrack mixing and recording. When I first started mixing on the PC, I used the wave editor in EZCD creator. What a pain in the arse that was, hehe. I have a dancehall mix I made using a wave editor that turned out pretty good. I recomment a multitrack editor, even for sampling purposes.

Yes, I did mean the lyrical content. Say Tony Curtis comes in with "She said she want it warm and easy" and Marlon Stewert replies "I just want to take it nice and slow" as it flows into the new riddim. Or coming out of a tune like Thriller U, "Now you just have to cool" and mix to next track. I suppose I am partcial to detail.

Im gonna be doing some burning today, shoot me and email with your address and I'll send you a CD or two.

dj_xacto at yahoo
BMC
September 06, 2004 07:30PM
Nice one xacto! Mail sent.
pirate...this one;
Reggae Warehouse
September 07, 2004 02:14PM
Check out new reggae turntable mixes every couple weeks on WWW.reggaewarehouse.mu

Riddims include
Scoobay
No Worries/Natty king features on this
Sunshine
Mad Guitar and many more.
Reggae Warehouse
September 07, 2004 02:15PM
Oh yeah got that steps riddim today so i will be making a new mix this week.
BMC
September 07, 2004 09:30PM
Cool. Thanks for the info Reggae Warehouse.
September 08, 2004 12:31AM
thanx for tha free loads BMC. i*just put up some fresh dub's i*self @ [www.jahmeekproductions.com] can also put your links up as inlined text if your interested. nice up wharehouse, natty king a hot bubbler now! RASpects everytime seen. im more a dub promoter these days but always a lover for concious dancehall riddims. have enjoyed the pow pow release's & a few others new even have a closet collection through yearz dat im sure many would like to hear instead of i* dubbing dar brains in all the time but anywayz runn it selecta! u mek it look easy with dis digetal mixx, ha he ha he. here i* am with a handfull of 7'z getting the T stuck & suffering JA pressings looking like a opposite parity of a cop with a box of donuts behind controlz & here u r pressing buttons. dub it! >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Reggae Warehouse
September 08, 2004 03:36PM
Jahmeek nice site...I will post a link on there.
BMC
September 08, 2004 04:35PM
Hey Jahmeek, thanks for the offer, but that wont be usefull (putting up my links), because I have just a small amount of space available for the website and thus have to delete mixes after a while to make space for the next one. Links will become inactive at some point. Besides that, there's also a limitted amount of data that can be downloaded from my site per month, so if my links are available at more places, I'll probably pass that limit too soon. So thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to posting the links here and at B&F where I 'know' (as in 'spoke on the www, but don't know personally') some people who might enjoy 'm.
September 08, 2004 06:40PM
seen i*dren> warehouse will be be updateing more & more as time allows. link soon come. BMC keep up tha fyah inna dance! -RASpects+
September 08, 2004 08:40PM
>alrite warehouse i*checked in ya site today & like ya little shop u have going on. keep ya fyah burning rasta! just want to mention about your radio show. it runns way to fast for any connection not bearing dsl or cable. u mite want to slow it down, like way down so dial up listioners can listion. the real player network does provide good service for iNi & sound quality will never be @best with dem so slowing it wont kill your quality to much & will still sound great(better than commercial radio*). if possible maybe 2 links one for high &1 for slow connections. jus a little web advice, giv+thanx 4worx >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Selecta
September 08, 2004 09:19PM
Good point on the fast connection and slow one...I might try it...I didnt know people still used dial up...I get alot of pre order riddims and stuff through so if anyone is searching let me know and I will see what I have. I also have the link to that mix posted on a website for download [wesallison.com] New one comming next week.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login