Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adrian Sherwood.

Posted by Bufo bufo 
Adrian Sherwood.
September 06, 2004 08:06PM
Was having a laugh last night if you ask me, I went there with 'Dungeon' playing in my head, and left 10 minutes later with a headache from his dated drum and bass dats, that he bobbed his head to while Ghetto Priest stood to the side trying to look useful (but failing miserably). I looked for others there, but assumed you all left just as swiftly.
Re: Adrian Sherwood.
September 06, 2004 11:25PM
Wish I could have been there.
I had a horrible night last night, glad it's over.

Awakening
September 07, 2004 12:00AM
I don't think Mr. Sherwood would have improved your evening, we managed to amuse ourselves only by pondering aloud how far back in the crowd we could be and still bounce an ashtray off of his bobbing bald head on the stage.
September 07, 2004 02:46AM
Thanks for the visual. I really need the laught right now.

Awakening
jbwelda
September 07, 2004 03:39AM
i didnt go at the last moment. guess i made the right decision. thanks for the review bufo.

one love
jah bill
September 07, 2004 03:49AM
Yes, guaranteed you wouldn't have lasted as long as me Bill, no effort involved what so ever, literally just playing sequenced backing tracks and pretending to tweek the E.Q. a little. It would have seemed more genuine if he'd just brought a bag of records and selected for Priest.
September 07, 2004 06:16AM
love it when you forget to change your moniker back.
jbwelda
September 07, 2004 06:23PM
well in all fairness im not sure 10 minutes is enough to really take it in. it could be that it improved immensely later on when gp kicked in...isnt it?

one love
jah bill
September 07, 2004 06:27PM
bufo bufo - i was there and didn't see you. of course i don't know what you look like so that made it difficult. i stayed until near 130. not being "in the biz" as you are i didn't think his show stunk as stinkily as you did tho. oddly enough - even though i liked the show at one point i was near the front of the stage and a wild urge (which i suppressed) to toss a bottle at him came upon me. musta been leftover bufobufo vibes.
September 07, 2004 07:38PM
so i* guess no plans for a tour,dat to bad* -RASpects+
September 08, 2004 01:03AM
I actually stayed around 45 minutes Bill, mostly because it was my birthday night out and I wanted to drink, i guess in all fairness this is probably what he does to cover small club gigs etc, it's a bit of a stretch to call it a show though DW. Did he actually play any reggae ? Perhaps I should have stuck it out.
Next time let's arrange to meet DW, that would have probably improved my night, to be honest I was most looking forward to having a beer and a puff with Mr. Welda etc and missed a good night at Oasis to check old baall 'ed out.
September 08, 2004 04:45PM
true bufobufo - ghetto priest provided what reggae there was. i still enjoyed the show/performance/what-ever and it appeared the crowd that stayed til the bitter end did too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login