Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fao zana

Posted by jbwelda 
jbwelda
fao zana
September 07, 2004 10:48PM
thanks for your call the other evening, it was great to talk to you in person.

one thing i forgot to mention: get a copy of rough guide to reggae by peter dalton (i think) and steve barrow (i know...one of the principals in the blood and fire record company i was telling you about). theres more good info in there on reggae in general and what to buy in particular than youll find from looking at this current message board for a century. should be available anywhere; or amazon for practically sure.

one love
jah bill
Fish
Re: fao zana
September 08, 2004 12:44AM
"get a copy of rough guide to reggae"

I'll second that; there's a third edition out now, so keep an eye out for that one rather than the second. It's not only a great reference, but it's a good read, too - I read my copy cover to cover when I first got it . . . it nicely lays out the history and important developments in the music, and it's fairly non-judgemental in the types of reggae it reccommends and discusses. #1 reggae book around, no doubt about that as far as I'm concerned.
Zana
September 09, 2004 04:36AM
Right on. I'll have to get a copy of that for sure. I need a good resource for music and I can't go callin you everytime, right? Or can I, *wink*?

Yes, it was great to finally talk with you jah bill. You are very nice and I could have talked with you all night. I'd love to pick your brain again, or just let you talk and me listen...whatever....

I'll be going to Berkely the 3rd weekend of Oct. - hitting up Ameoba and Rasputin - so I'll need a list of what to buy. That book will be of great help.

Peace,
Zana
BMC
September 09, 2004 06:10AM
That book is a must! My reggae collection started mostly from the essential picks in the Rough Guide.
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 04:16PM
zana, berzerkley is only an hour and a half away...you dont need to plan out those trips a month in advance, just get in the car and GO any sunday you dont have anything better to do!

one love
jah bill
Zana
September 09, 2004 06:07PM
Well I would but I'm broke and have no gas in my car. Any trip I go on must be planned in advance. It sucks being this broke. Once I graduate then I can get a job and spend all my money on music. Life will be better.
Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login