Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sac Town Mash Up

Posted by jjlab3 
jjlab3
Sac Town Mash Up
September 08, 2004 05:13PM
FYI

Saw this and didn't know if anyone in Sac has checked this out before Zulu Nation and MadPlanet present....

October 2, 2004!
THE GETDOWN "The Selassie I Mash up Edition".

This will be a dancehall explosion! With special guest Selektah Wokstar and his Sing Jay Ras Matthew, Rude Boy SoulJah Drasar Monumental, and Ragga Muffin Soundboy Rob Rossi.. Along side party rockers MADPLANET, AND FOODERS ( yes we are party rockin) So throw on those combat helmets, strap on that backpack, and twist-up that Cheebah cause it all goes down October 2, 2004 at the Golden Bear, and like always it's FREE!!

Golden Bear 24th & K Sactown.
Re: Sac Town Mash Up
September 08, 2004 08:06PM
LOL
September 08, 2004 08:22PM
I'll be at Reggae In The Park
xacto metro
September 08, 2004 08:48PM
Me too.
Zana
September 08, 2004 09:29PM
Darn, I will be judging a belly dance competition that night.
jjlab3
September 09, 2004 08:49AM
Yeah I know this event is probably not up to the standards of you all. But it is someone trying to make an effort to bring some dancehall to Sac which is sorely lacking in any reggae events.

This summer was the worst ever in Sac for Reggae shows. Almost nothing at the Raddisson. Harlow's had almost nothing.

Try to support some brothers who are trying to do their thing.
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 09:00AM
what we (someone) need to do is start having some below-the-radar sound system shows in a warehouse out in the industrial area or have it out on hwy 61.

no rules, no dues, just fun away from the eyes of babylon.

harlows and the rad are *so* done...

one love
jah bill
jjlab3
September 09, 2004 09:46AM
Yeah Jah Bill that would be great. I have been so bummed this year. While they are not te greatest venuse it was still great to be able to go the Harlow's or the Rad and see Spear, Buju, Marley's , Abyssinians, Midnite, etc. in my own backyard. There was almost no shows in Sac this year. For all of the people on this board who live in the bay and see top acts and sounds weekly it may be hard to understand.

I know a few of the DJ's putting this event on and they are just trying to be creative. Trying to get a hip hop vs. dancehall night and a all dancehall night. It is no cover and it is at a cafe.

A warehouse sound show would be a dream come true.
September 09, 2004 09:51AM
yes jjlab3 - instead of laughing out loud maybe try to support the reggae and watch it grow (hopefully). the radisson and harlots are crappy places to have reggae shows. but better than nothing.
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 10:15AM
im going to see about getting something going out at my buddys place on jackson hwy sometime in november after i return from a month away from here. we got sound equipment to blow down the walls its just a case of having to set up there and figure out how to let people know about it without those on both sides of the law coming around if you know what i mean...thats always a problem in suckto. youll hear about it here first if it happens. it will be non profit, loud, all roots session with no hip-hop and not much unconscious dancehall vibe (no gangster or hate vibes is what i mean by that). that pretty much guarantees not many from around here (sacto) will enjoy it though. i want it to be fun, relaxed, but not too reverent and a minimum of ego-clash. we will see if it can happen...

one love
jah bill
September 09, 2004 10:22AM
Here this is the jam, thanks alot for the people that will support, and for those who arent i understand, i dont claim to be a ragga muffin selektah, but i do like good music, i dj, and i throw these monthly parties for free for the love of GOOD MUSIC.. So if you come out , come out, if not you will miss out.. THIS IS A "FREE GET DOWN" IN SACRAMENTO! So here is all the proper line up and flyer..
peace blessing
madplanet
universal Zulu Nation
Get Biz Kidz
INe

Oct 2nd .. Madplanet Hosts... THE GETDOWN " The Selassie I Mash Up Edition"
This will be a a special Dancehall "Getdown" with some of the illest ragga muffin dj's from the front lines!....So throw on those combat helmets, strap on that backpack, and twist-up that Cheebah cause it all goes down October 2, 2004 at the Golden Bear, and like always it's FREE!!

Going down at THE GOLDEN BEAR!
2 dollar Brewha's ineffect till jumpoff!
Doors Open at 9pm Jump @ 10:30pm!

*Please Show up early cause noone likes to wait in line, THIS EVENT WILL HIT CAPACITY !
Your Selektah's....

Wokstar
Selassie Sound Production With Special Guest Sing Jay Ras Matthew..

Drasar Monumental
GEt Bizz Kids / Zulu Nation

Rob Rossi
Sacramental California!

Party Rockers
MAdplanet and Foodilla!

also dont forget about the"One Piece meal " by SPoken Word!
and the "Son Katch Wreck " Open mic sessions, So all you m.c.'s get ready to throw down!

For more info contact me direct at funkwhatyaheard@yahoo.com

September 09, 2004 10:24AM
OH YEAH , THERE WILL BE NO HIPHOP AT ALL AT THIS EVENT!!! ALL RAGGAE DANCEHALL ONLY!!!
Bufo bufo
September 09, 2004 10:50AM
If life allows around the time you're ready bill, i'd be down to give you a hand, I could bring the van and/or some equipment if needed. Having a puff some where picturesque and listening to some roots with some friends sounds about where I'm at right now socially.
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 11:02AM
it aint gonna be picturesque bufo but your help will be appreciated, we will need some strong backs more than anything but you might want a turn at the tables too. maybe youve never been on jackson hwy but the area im talking about is heavy industrial, the better to hide the noise. for picturesque, we got hwy 32 outta chico.

one love
jah bill
solid rock
September 09, 2004 11:39AM

ay PLANET this is Solid Rock from Chico -- haven't seen you for awhile... remember you came with Drasar Monumental when i played the Beenie Man show at Harlows, then i saw you in Old Sac at that Vapors set when me and Serv hit it before Triple Threat.. i think that's the last time i saw you

hope all is cool on your side.. if you see this tell Drasar Monumental i said what up.. he called me a few months back but haven't gotten him back yet

did you know Vapors moved to LA?

and how the hell did you put those flyer images in here? never seen that..

peace
jjlab3
September 09, 2004 12:05PM
Big Up's Planet. Trying to make something happen in Sac. I will be there on 10/2.

JB you can count me in for a Jackson Highway session. Willing to help out or just come and feel it.

Let's organize. Can't deal with no local events much longer.

Although Capleton and Cocoa Tea are just around the corner.
September 09, 2004 12:21PM
"and how the hell did you put those flyer images in here? never seen that.."

On most phorums you can do that with img-tag:

First type img between [ and ], then the url of the image, then /img, again between [ and ]. Let's see if that works here:

One love,

Rootz
September 09, 2004 12:21PM
Yup.

One love,

Rootz
September 09, 2004 12:30PM
OH **** NICK!! Whut up ace i was jus thinkin about you !! how you been my ace boogey! Are you still splashin fools with them JOINTS?!?! DAmn man i hella wanted to put you on this bill too! But i didnt have a contact to you.... MAn check it i will still be doing these "getdowns" every month, and i know i will be throwing another Dancehall Explosion in the future ( im already gettin tons of postive feedback for this one ) here is my email man, funkwhatyaheard@yahoo.com keep in touch and keep me posted ! If you got anything you can send me, and or put me up on some dancehall game it would be highly appreciated! im tryin to get my dancehall up on my wreckord collection.. So any advise would help.. DAmn brother be cool and tell "your mans and dem ' ( BRANDON) i said "whut up Brethren"!
Peace and Blessings
Planet!
solid rock
September 09, 2004 12:35PM

ok man i got you, check your email. just heard from brandon last night, we hadn't talked for awhile and will see him soon, will tell him you say what up.
Bufo bufo
September 09, 2004 12:37PM
see if it works with a picture of me.

[imgfile:///Macintosh%20HD/Desktop%20Folder/clairm07.gif/img]
Bufo bufo
September 09, 2004 12:38PM
nope, shame it's one of my better ones.
solid rock
Re: test
September 09, 2004 12:40PM
solid rock
September 09, 2004 12:41PM
September 09, 2004 12:47PM
bufo, its because you are trying to link a file on your local machine. This works with internet objects.
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 12:48PM
well lets see if i can get that little trick to work:

one love
jah bill
September 09, 2004 12:49PM
nice 1 -RASpects+
September 09, 2004 12:52PM
Bufo,

Like mfb says, you have to put url between the tags. In addition, the _tags_ at both ends of the url need to be between [ and ]. So the opening tag is [ img ] without spaces, closing tag [ /img ], again w/out spaces.

One love,

Rootz
September 09, 2004 01:20PM
Bufo in his assless chaps:

One love,

Rootz
September 09, 2004 01:54PM
Its funny how casual they are, like they are saying "Great game last night, huh?"
Acacia
September 09, 2004 01:56PM
Red shirt is getting a nice glance..
September 09, 2004 02:23PM
Saying to himself "I want that hat"
jjlab3
September 09, 2004 03:18PM
Man, my thread got hijacked.
September 09, 2004 03:19PM
Those are your threads? Woah, where do you shop?
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 03:35PM
dont worry i wont be inviting anyone like that pink fatty to any gig *i* put on.

one love
jah bill
solid rock
September 09, 2004 03:47PM

yeah but will he give you your chaps back in time?

sorry, had to do it!

>;-)
xacto metro
September 09, 2004 08:26PM
I dare you to call him "Pink Fatty" to his face.
September 09, 2004 08:31PM
wonder what kind of person it takes to even post a picture like that on a website for reggae??!! god bless you
jbwelda
September 09, 2004 10:22PM
no kidding, ras e. respect

one love
jah bill
September 10, 2004 02:44AM
FYI, Ras E, I knew about the existence of that picture because of a thread on BAF board (where things are considerably more off-center sometimes) about Bufo's assless chaps. It's the first hit you get on Google picture search when you type in "assless chaps". Besides that, it's a funny picture for the reasons mfb mentioned, so I decided it was time for some light entertainment... So, no answer to the question "what kind?", you'll just have to read more of my posts if you're interested. Only answer to "how and why?".

One love,

Rootz
September 10, 2004 08:19AM
some serious business, those assless chaps.
francesca
September 10, 2004 09:33AM
jahbill, please share the info if you get something going for sac. willing to help any way i can.

jbwelda
September 10, 2004 09:36AM
can we use your house francesca?

one love
jah bill
francesca
September 10, 2004 09:42AM
we can use the whole courtyard:-))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login