Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

revolutionary teaparty

Posted by dirtweed 
revolutionary teaparty
March 06, 2004 09:29AM
i heard a song by lillian allen "revolutionary teaparty" and now i am trying to find a copy. it is on vinyl only it appears? any suggestions on may have it (not in stock at ernieb). thanks
Re: revolutionary teaparty
March 06, 2004 10:38PM
Revolutionary Tea Party is possilbly one of the best dub poetry records ever. Recorded at Wellesley Sound in Toronto, an ep and cassette were released in 1985 on Verse to Vinyl Records whose address at the time was p.o .box 311 stn.E. Toronto, Ontario M6H 4E3 416-651-7418. Drummer Billy Bryans produced this independent project while Lillian Allen served as Exec Producer. Other musicians included Dave Gray on guitar, Terry Lewis on bass, and Quammie Willioams on percussion. My 1988 cassette had been distributed by Redwood Records out of Emeryville,CA whose address at the time was 6400 Hollis St. Suite 8, Emeryville CA 94608 415-428-9191. Revolutionary Tea Party won the 1986 Canadian Juno award for 'Best Reggae Album of the Year' and I believe Lillian Allen played one of the first Reggae on the River shows.

This album deserves the re-release on cd treatment. This is just my perception, but quality Canadian reggae albums seem elusive to US buyers-not sure if Ernie B. consistently stocks Canadian product other than Abraham. Sorry I can't help more.
March 07, 2004 08:37AM
papken - i probably don't have anything to trade to you that you don't already have but i would be willing to pay $$$ or ??? for a copy of your cassette. and after hearing "revolutionary teaparty" i too am surprised that is has not been re-released.
March 08, 2004 02:22PM
ahoy matey are ye lissening? $$$ or !!! what'll it be?
jb welda
March 08, 2004 03:11PM
i know ken and he is often very busy...he will pop in here for a read or comment and then disappear for some time. he may not return.

i have a video tape of lillian allen and her band opening for mikael rose at some point. i dont remember exactly but it might be an hour long, it might only be 15 minutes...i usually skip it. let me know if youre interested in that.

wjust@dgweb.com

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
March 08, 2004 03:26PM
how many albums does she have?
March 08, 2004 04:06PM
I am aware of 2 albums by Lillian Allen:

Revolutionary Tea Party - 1985 - Redwood Records
Conditions Critical - 1987 - Redwood Records
bun n cheese
March 08, 2004 04:12PM
cool, I have a Lillian Allen album, only listened to it once. it very well could be this Revolutionary Tea Party. Will check and get back to you, Dirtweed.
TR-808
March 08, 2004 04:20PM
bun n cheese
March 08, 2004 04:34PM
got any photos of the album covers? I searched and could not find any.
Dirtweed
March 09, 2004 06:35PM
Are you going to SNWMF this year? If so, I'll bring the cassette for you.
bun n cheese
March 09, 2004 08:31PM
just checked, I have the Conditions Critical LP. sorry
Re: Dirtweed
March 10, 2004 09:22AM
thanks papaken - wouldn't miss snwmf. i arrive friday. how do we hook up. (ps i live in sacramento).
Re: Dirtweed
March 10, 2004 12:40PM
I'll fly to Sacto on Friday either from Austin or Houston- don't know where as yet.
Let you know when.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login