Advanced

Alpha Blondy-No show again

Posted by jahholdo 
Alpha Blondy-No show again
February 15, 2008 01:11AM
You get no Alpha!
Re: Alpha Blondy-No show again
February 15, 2008 05:23AM
really.....shootz man! nothing worst than driving a ton and finding out the preformer you want to see is not there for a reason or another...even S.F.?...looks like it....that changes everything.

Post Edited (02-14-08 21:26)
February 15, 2008 02:23PM
From Alpha's web site:

"Alpha Blondy et le Solar System ont dû annuler, pour raisons de santé, la tournée américaine débutée le 8 février à Hawaï."

Translation: Alpha Blondy and Solar System had to cancel their US tour that had begun the 8th of February for health reasons.

Hopefully, we'll get some more information later today...
February 15, 2008 04:16PM
hope whoever is ill....gets better soon..
February 15, 2008 05:23PM
I cant belive they are asking 50 bucks for that sub-par lineup for the Raggamuffin show. That is no 50 dollar show! Why cant the show but some bigger star for that much money! if there is no Alpha Blondy

Post Edited (02-15-08 14:39)
February 15, 2008 05:56PM
On his first American tour, I did a butt-load of work to present a show
here---actually roped in the local NPR station to co-promote this to their
audience---and had a cancellation for the same reason. This was over 20 years ago, and needless to say there was never any desire on the part of that station
to be involved w/ another reggae promotion...
February 15, 2008 09:22PM
Alpha Blondy was in the hospital here in Kona for a few days. Not sure if he is still here or not.

He played the show on Oahu, and then got sick traveling here to the Big Island. He didn't play the show here, but Morgan Heritage brought out his band, and they all performed a song together.

I hope that Alpha Blondy is feeling better, and wish him, his friends and family the best!
February 15, 2008 09:23PM
This 1 stings!!!!!!!!!!

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
February 15, 2008 10:35PM
I wouldn't walk as far as my mailbox to see Alpha Blondy!!!!!!!
February 15, 2008 10:41PM
must not like quality roots music, bummer.

February 15, 2008 10:49PM
even if mah feet hurt I'd walk as far as my mail box to hear the man,
but the again it's not much of a walk.
February 15, 2008 10:52PM
He makes me wanna learn Hebrew or Yiddish?!?! French?!? What is that language anyways?

February 15, 2008 10:55PM
several different languages Ras

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
February 15, 2008 11:00PM
Primarily though? Is there 1

February 15, 2008 11:09PM
Primarily Dioula, French and English.

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
February 15, 2008 11:10PM
I've heard Alpha Blondy sing in what appears to be:
French
Hebrew
Arabic
english

probably more too. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
February 15, 2008 11:13PM
cool, sounds great

February 16, 2008 07:41AM
Updated at 3:38 p.m., Sunday, February 10, 2008
Alpha Blondy hospitalized, cancels Maui concert today

By Wayne Harada
Advertiser Staff Writer

Alpha Blondy has been stricken with pneumonia and has been confined to Kona Community Hospital where he will remain until his condition has stabilized. His concert today at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center in Kahului has been canceled because of his illness, organizers said today, in a news release.

Refunds are available at the MACC box office. Tickets must be returned to the box office for refunds.

The box office will remain open until 6 p.m. today and is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. For recorded information, call 808-242-7469.

Reach Wayne Harada at wharada@honoluluadvertiser.com.

Seek Knowledge Before Vengeance
February 16, 2008 08:37PM
Dang was really lookin forward to that. now we got the Aggrolites instead.

-Rastas Never Die-
February 18, 2008 09:59PM
Yes I love the roots music (been a faithful fan for over 25 years) ; but Alpha Blondy has bored the piss out of me every time I've ever seen him!!!! See some real roots music - not this wan-a-be fake poser!!!!!
February 18, 2008 10:28PM
Not a very blessed vibe....The Wailers probably enjoyed backing him back in the day. listen to Jeruselem .
then go meditate.
February 18, 2008 10:50PM
blessvibe wrote:

> Yes I love the roots music (been a faithful fan for over 25
> years) ; but Alpha Blondy has bored the piss out of me every
> time I've ever seen him!!!! See some real roots music - not
> this wan-a-be fake poser!!!!!

25 years listening to "the roots music" and it hasn't made any difference in the way you come at Alpha Blondy? Did you even listen to any words in any of that roots music you listened to in those 25 years? I'm not so sure that Alpha Blondy is the "wan-a-be fake poser" here...

Peace,
-RV
February 20, 2008 03:35PM
Jerusalem is a roots anthem. Top Notch! Wannabe? What , who does he sounds like, how is he a poser. An African reggae artist, that speaks multiple languages, plays with high energy, always positive messages, very spiritual. Man, this guy doesnt really have any flaws as an artis IMHO. 1 of the most unique voices, sounds and stylee in reggae period. Bummed he didnt make BobDay.

February 20, 2008 10:09PM
izes massive,

ok some of you know that alpha blondy fell ill in hawaii. it was thought to be pnuemenia. it was way worse. malaria! alpha was diagonosed as having malaria by his french doctors. it was thought that it could have been cancer because a relative died from cancer last year. our prayers and mediation are with him. he will be forward again.

he was in africa before going to hawaii.

there is a full press release out there detailing the cancellation of the tour.

bless,
carlos

February 21, 2008 12:15AM
Blessvibe is a real piece of @#$%& teabagger. Calling Alpha Blondy a "wanna be fake poser" is like calling him an N-bomb. Boring? Are you kidding me?

He has played for crowds of over 300,000 in Africa and has been called the Bob Marley of Africa by many.

He has been a major influence on reggae worldwide and has one of the most positive messages out there, unlike many of these shitty dancehall "artist of the minute" types.

Go crawl back into your hole you disrespectful piece of dogshit.

I was just told that Alpha Blondy is bed ridden with pneumonia, a recurring bout of malaria, and is being tested for possible cancer. Bless and respect to Alpha and down with the haters.

This crowd looks really bored:

Post Edited (02-20-08 16:25)
February 21, 2008 12:26AM
Malaria stays with you for life- resurfacing when ever your body's immune system looks away. Very serious ting!!!! You wouldn't wish that virus on anybody-- well maybe G Bush and the rest of those shady catz killin' people around da world.
February 21, 2008 12:52AM

February 21, 2008 05:14AM
I been working in the music going on 35 year, touring, sharing nuff green room. Alpha is one of the most humble, generous real people I have crossed paths with. I love your music and you are in my prayers bro.
<><><><>
Ovah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login