Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ROTR?

Posted by jess 
ROTR?
March 08, 2004 12:27AM

Greetings.

I have heard many conflicting views of ROTR and would be very interested in finding out fellow SNWMFers what you guys think of it. The SNWMF is a wonderful, peaceful and irie festival and am hoping someone will let me know if that is what ROTR is like or not. Thank you, have a great day.

jess
napabink
Re: ROTR?
March 08, 2004 01:26AM
ROTR holds an incredibly special place in my heart. I first attended in '94, and have been to about 7 of them since. There was once a magic there that couldn't be found anywhere else. ROTR has changed though. Due to the flood of party masses that do mass drugs and only see it as a weekend to cut way loose. There's an increasing attendance of people who just don't get it. I will be the first to admit that ROTR has a lot of magic left. But it doesn't seek you out anymore, you have to seek it. Be prepared for some negative distractions these days. But don't give up on it, ESPECIALLY if you have never been. I personally don't go anymore, because I WAS fortunate enough to witness the often mentioned "magic" of that festival, and I live for those vibes, which may never be equalled in Peircy again. But thank God for SNWMF. VIBES A FLOW!!!!!!!!!!! I love all the people who simply know what I'm sayin'.
Respect
-Stevo
Re: ROTR?
March 08, 2004 11:05PM
After 16 Years, I can only say that it is what you make of it. Your surroundings offer everything that you need to have a great time, or a shitty time, it all depends on how open you can be. If you are one of the younger folks that likes a good rave scene, you can laugh at the rising sun with thousands of others. If you are looking for a more rootsy mellow vibe, there are enough really cool people to meet there to have a blast with! Remember, dont let the negativity of others effect your day. Make it a good one, I do, every year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login