Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

any insight on Reggae in the Park

Posted by Chip 
Chip
any insight on Reggae in the Park
September 18, 2004 12:10AM
how is the scene at reggae in the park sf? we plan on driving to sf and want to know if it will be worth the trip. 15th annual with Midnite, JBB Capleton Sister Carol Cocoa Tea. who's been to this fest?
Re: any insight on Reggae in the Park
September 18, 2004 12:19AM
Chip read the Capleton and Cocoa Tea threads. Capleton and Cocoa Tea have been cancelled and replaced with Culture and Mikey Dread. The venue is great. Nice flat open field with a little hill in the back. Crafts, food and drink are well represented. Get there early for food because the lines tend to get long as the show progresses and you don't want to miss the music. Very little police presence and they're just there to make sure everyone is safe. You definitely want to be prepared for the cold in case it gets foggy. Last year it was foggy and pretty cold on Saturday. Otherwise bring a hat and a blanket and chairs or something to sit on. There is lots of space.

fourtwentyplenty
jbwelda
September 18, 2004 12:29AM
another thing: there is a strict city curfew or so it seems. the show will end on time regardless of whether the headliner has adequate time to perform. seems to me the last time i went, some number of years ago, they physically pulled the plug while the headliner was on stage after only 20 minutes or so...and i think they actually let it run over the stated ending time by 15 or so minutes.

one love
jah bill
sisAJoI
September 18, 2004 01:58AM
where are ya'll driving from , Chip?
I love this festival and think this year will be blessed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login