Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sly & Robbie w/ Taxi Gang

Posted by Big Dank 
Big Dank
Sly & Robbie w/ Taxi Gang
March 08, 2004 11:51AM
Did anyone get to see Sly & Robbie w/ Taxi Gang at one of the California Bob Marley Day shows? They started off inna dub session for an hour or so and then showcased several young artists for 1-2 songs each. Alas, Big Youth came out and for about an hour long set. In short, these guys laid down the most Boss heavy vibes and deep, deep space-bass lines I ever heard at the Warfield. The fact that they had a brass section along for good measure definitely put the show over the top. It was nice to hear the riddim twins back someone other than Michael Rose for a change. Sierra fest would be very well served getting the Taxi gang to come lay down a bionic dub session and then back whomever - I dont care who. It would be hard for anyone to sound bad with the S&R sound bubbling along behind them. Heck, Warren & Gretchen could get up on stage, do a set and be stars. Anyhow, just my 2 cents.

RV
bun n cheese
Re: Sly & Robbie w/ Taxi Gang
March 08, 2004 12:00PM
I was most impressed by Peter Metro. He could surely make a comeback in a big way with the vibes he fling.
Re: Sly & Robbie w/ Taxi Gang
March 08, 2004 01:39PM
Peter metro him ahhh Celebrity!! I am glad to hear someone talking about Metro. I love his style and have yet to see him. I missed comming back to California last summer for Old School reggae jam in Long Beach. Peter Metro would be a great addition to any festival. He needs some new tunes though before making a comeback.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login