Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cocoa Tea replaced

Posted by Sirlaggalot 
Cocoa Tea replaced
September 18, 2004 08:53PM
I just got an mail from "Reagge in the Park" stating that Cocoa Tea has been replaced by Mikey Dread. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend. If they could be banned from one city who's next?
Re: Cocoa Tea replaced
September 18, 2004 08:55PM
Spell check "reggae". I'm a little disturbed about the whole thing.
September 19, 2004 06:24AM
No reason to attend Reggae in the Park now. Their loss....
baggaroots
September 19, 2004 07:39AM
seens like thier just afraid of someone that stands for what they believe in with capelton . gay activist want to push their views down your throat. i respect capelton for standing for what is right is right.
September 19, 2004 05:58PM
and on the other hand baggaroots - gay basher wants to push his views down our throat. stop bashing gays = no more cancellations. its easy. and what is right about hatred and threats of violence?
September 19, 2004 06:03PM
Capleton played SF (not to mention RITP) several times past without incident, so what is the problem exactly? He even apologized in advance to show he wouldn't perform such lyrics at RITP, so dirtweed your point about "no more cancellation" is ludicrous.
September 19, 2004 06:03PM
It's cultural, Dirtweed.

One love,

Rootz
September 19, 2004 08:04PM
1) >its ludicrous< - these guys aren't changing their attitude. they are only issueing apologies in order to keep working. if they can just keep from singing their gaybashing songs that would be a (sorta) change in attitude, thereby (imo) avoiding cancellations of gigs. and i think the reason for the sudden change is the intensity of the lyrics and the fact the a lot of the groups calling for action are just now becoming aware of the situationwith these singers.
2) >its cultural<. yeah i know that. but what about the cultures that practice female circumcision or the actual killing of female children. what about the culture that exists in the good ol' u.s. of a. regarding blacks. does the fact that it is cultural somehow make it right?
i don't like to see these cancellations of shows i want to see. and yes i would go see capleton perform even tho i don't agree with his views on gays. but i am not unhappy that he got cancelled. and i will go see him in sacramento (if he performs) but again, if he is cancelled i don't have a problem with that.
September 19, 2004 08:21PM
So you didn't see the the invisible smiley in my post, Dirt?

One love,

Rootz
September 19, 2004 08:40PM
dirtweed, you are asking people to not be true to their own beliefs. In your initial post you stated "stop bashing gays = no more cancellations. its easy."
So Capleton, Beenie & others have agreed to stop the gay-bashing lyrics, they should be allowed to perform. Simple.
September 20, 2004 12:37AM
>dirtweed just wants to C'capleton with hiz own eye'z, he really doesnt want to hear in hiz ear what he haz 2seh. mayB dancehall muzak should just be brought down to instrumental riddims. then all we have to do iz listion to tha crowd go pop pop pop everytime a batty boy or lezy brain walkz by, ya kno*. pleaze dont try an plant dat non-sense next to the iNi stalk pleaze. i* did ask nice* -RASpects+
September 20, 2004 02:19AM
When are you guys going to get that these guys are fervent bible followers? They're not going to change their beliefs about gays. Let's say they were not going to change or stop singing their lyrics, do you think they should not be allowed to perform anywhere? If all you are saying dirtweed is that you don't agree with him, but would go anyway, what is all the arguement about? I've been saying that all along. You and Rootz have been taking your examples to the level of physical violence/damage upon another. These guys are using fire in their songs to express their beliefs about gays. That's a big difference. It's not much different from a preacher expressing the bible's views on homosexuality to his congregation. Maybe they should go back to the 50's and 60's on the islands when early bands used to have to play the songs the white tourists wanted to hear. Can't we hear anything authentic anymore or does everything have to have an American version?

fourtwentyplenty
September 20, 2004 03:58AM
Can't we hear anything authentic anymore or does everything have to have an American version?
--fourtwentyplenty

Big up that statement there! Euro-American viewpoint must be followed OR ELSE. Some still arent willing to bow down, and are then labelled terrorists...
September 20, 2004 04:06PM
"You and Rootz have been taking your examples to the level of physical violence/damage upon another. These guys are using fire in their songs to express their beliefs about gays."

As you mentioned me by name, I guess I'll still go on, even though I'm tired of the whole subject: It's not limited to 'fiya bun'. Are the lyrics about hanging, executing, and shooting also biblical metaphors?

"It's not much different from a preacher expressing the bible's views on homosexuality to his congregation."

No. But that preacher at least is not usually picking and choosing. I'm waiting for the first "Bun adulterer" song...

One love,

Rootz
September 20, 2004 07:16PM
>u mite hear dat song sung zilla when the law also keeps dem dirty clawz out of marriage license'z. which i* feel is like picking up a hunting or fishing permit these dayz. so with devorce ever so popular(love recyle'in i* call it*) & lawyerz making a mint off of marital law. it will be a long time come. like never. babywrong must fall*. -RASpects+
September 20, 2004 09:56PM
hate is hate no matter who saids it.If people don't say anything about it then silence perpetuates the hate.Yes,I have walked out on bigoted speeches or out of people's home when the hatred gets thick.Violence is violence .I have the right not to attend.I find the hippocracy ironic since reggae teaches love and tolerence.
September 20, 2004 10:21PM
I hate rapists.
September 20, 2004 11:03PM
i* luv, i* luv with perfect hate & acceptance. no need to accommodate dis life style because what will it do in return 4iNi? tolerence iz much differnt than treachery. iNi nah bow down to these politricks! so dont try to come up on iNi with dis ill tribulation. i*tink iNi kno* all about suffering seen. so go tree jump sum where else pleaze. thanx!
-RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login