Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Earth Dance in Arcada

Posted by PrinceKaliWolf 
Earth Dance in Arcada
September 20, 2004 05:39PM
Hey, did anyone go to that earth dance festival up there in arcada?
how was that, I couldn't go at the last minute, I really wanted to participate in the world record for the Worlds Largest Drum Circle, lead by micky hart.
Im bummed i missed it. supposaly they gave away 3000 hand drums to help ensure the record would be broke.
well, tell me about it if any of you went?

-={Truth to All}=-
sisAJoI
Re: Earth Dance in Arcada
September 20, 2004 11:23PM
I went.
As far as non-roots festys go this one was pretty over the top! They sold out 10,000 tickets- a weekend pass at the gate cost folks $115. It was a fungus fest for sure, lots of really, really high people which is not I vibe, but, some of ya'll.....
There was an electronica geodesic dome erected, sista Yasmin spun it a bit in there but I did not catch it. The drum circle happened, yes it was recorded...not fade away, to be specific. Let me just say that there was a serious lack of coordination amongst the 5000+ people that were there. It was a serious racket and was not *inspiring* you might say.
Lots of naked folks.
I saw 2 70+year old butt naked and painted elders rolling around in the hay----- which happened to be the very front of the main stage! I am not kidding. They were really goin at it.
I didn't catch alot of music but Ozomatli was fun! This time, they came down into the middle of the crowd and caused everyone in the audience to kneel down and shhh...Then the trombone and trumpet guys pop up and bust out some beats like Sesame Street, and some commercial and tv show licks- the jeffersons, for instance, some Old school house rocks- Conjunction Junction, stuff like that.
Shimshai is always *blessed* and was joined by Tina and Sasha Butterfly, which is rare but always nice. They only could play 4 songs, though.
Blackalicious had the house rocking. It was pretty cool...the GAB kept calling out "how ya feeling Earth Day? kinda stuff. He said that atleast 10 times...everyone in the audience would laugh but he never got it down right. It was kind of funny- like last time Luciano in Truckee kept clling the place Chico. I love that.
Midnite is a true shining star and Vaughn was in a really good mood. He came with some strong discipline and strong messages and played up the word sound. Seriously, people all around would 'get' what he was saying, perpetuating this almost constant "ohh! True!" sound and attitude. I think the majority of those people were really receiving what Vaughn had to say, which is a nice thing to witness, for true.
And I don't really know what else happened after that...
But it was cold and rainy but was a really nice welcome to Autumn.
TR 856
Arcana
September 21, 2004 09:04PM
Arcana

The first time I saw your face
Upon the pillow dressed in lace
My mind exploded into space
Arcana
As in Leviticus
Assistants to the priests of us
Again I look for Sirius
Arcana
Your mysteries are yours
Behind uncertain doors
Guarded by minotaurs
Tipsy with doubt
Open your mind to me
Your true identity
And let your secrets be
Softly turned out

Each time I think of Greece
Too long disturbed by troubled peace
I wonder will her struggles cease
Arcana
When music lost its breath
When sleep was murdered by Macbeth
Both slipped away to question death
Arcana
Your mysteries are yours
Behind uncertain doors
Guarded by minotaurs
Tipsy with doubt
Open your mind to me
Your true identity
And let your secrets be
Softly turned out

Oh still enslaved in Greece
Where corpses bathe in warm cerise
How can I yet forget Varese
Arcana
The first time I saw your face
I lost a dream I cannot replace
Music exploded into space
Arcana
Your mysteries are yours
Behind uncertain doors
Guarded by minotaurs
Tipsy with doubt
Open your mind to me
Your true identity
And let your secrets be
Softly turned out

© Peter L Simons - July 1969
sisAJoI
September 21, 2004 10:35PM
Yes- ummm, laytonville, not arcata
September 22, 2004 01:56AM
I was all packed and ready to go!! My clutch went out the day before among other things. Perhaps next year,,,,,,Major bummer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login