Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

inner visions website

Posted by Grasshopper 
inner visions website
September 21, 2004 03:22AM
Greetings my Brothers and Sisters, We invite you to check out our website and our music at www.innervisionsreggae.com We loved the west coast vibes and promise to return soon! Give thanks to the great reviews we have recieved from your press- Jah Works, Jamaica West, Notipunto,Carnival, etc. It's been a long year and a hectic run for us since June but we'll return next year. Until then get inner-gised! Get introduced! Get our sounds at www.ebreggae.com Promise you won't be disappointed!

Blessings,
Grasshopper
Re: inner visions website
September 21, 2004 05:08AM
yes i*> have had your link up @ [www.jahmeekproductions.com] for some yearz now. check one world page. -RASpects+
September 23, 2004 04:39AM
Greetings and thanks for the link! Nice site! Keep up the reggae vibes!
Jah Bless!!!

Grasshopper
September 23, 2004 04:39PM
yes i* giv+thanx,just a little small ting. but looking forward to actualy getting a chance to watch inner visions group perform live....... -RASpects+
September 23, 2004 08:13PM
Soon come my friend! All in Jah time. The apple never falls before it's appointed time. Trust me, Our trip out there next year will slam the west coast just as hard as we've slammed the east these past three years. Love is our message in these times. Each one of us could use some healing and for us it's back to the days when consciously we made an effort to care for each other. Remember even the dumb and the ignorant too have their story. So Cali massives, get ready for our next journey west when love shall rein at our performances as we bring our positive messages forward!

Blessings Jahmeek,
Grasshopper
September 23, 2004 08:32PM
Isis Grasshopper and give thanx for your uplifting posts. It was good to finally meet you and get to hear your music live after all these years.

Below is a review of the INNER VISIONS concert in St. Louis earlier this month that was posted on the Consious Party message board (http://www.consciousparty.com/mainmessage.htm) I know that Patty used to be a member of that group, but haven't seen her there since Sista Irie got her own web site.

I sincerely look forward to the day INNER VISIONS makes it out here again for a 'real' tour, as this 1 hour business at the beginning of a reggae festival just won't do.... Daniel

About 2 years ago I went to St. Croix to see the VI reggaefest and a guy named Irving kept tellin me how great these guys were. They played that time, but came on at 6 or 7 a.m. and there was absolutely no one there at that time. I was beat too, so i took off after a song or two..

they played here at Viva about a year ago and maybe it was a bad night, but i wasn't impressed. Since they're from the hotbed of the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John to be exact), I decided to check em out again at Viva last night. let me tell ya, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. They just totally blew the place away...Just incredible.

Viva's a small basement club. They started at 10:30 and it was a sparse crowd. Not sure what's going on in town here, but it was a drag and i was kind of embarrased at the turnout but the band played on and believe me, they played. the man they call Jupiter was front and center playing a mean bass all night long. To his left was Grasshopper and this guy is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. From searing notes to real rootsy licks, i just couldn't believe how good he was. Some lead vocals, too. The man Ras Paul was on his right and he was great. When he took over lead vocals his stage presence was mesmerizing. he'd let the spirit move him and would go off on these tangents and he really blew me away. I told him later how good he was and he was just a humble rasta (as they all are).

The drummer was strong, too. I think his name was Akibo. They laughed and called him Hollywood. he was definitely hitting the skins hard and just jammin. Can't recall the keyboardist's name, but he was layin down some great sounds, too. The sound was just great last night and these 5 guys just meshed perfectly together to create some of the most crucial sounds I've heard in awhile. I asked them for the playlist afterwards but apparently they just play whatever's on their minds. And they dub out some of the tunes and their musicianship is just over the top. Just crucial...

Some of the songs i remember were "Love One Another," "Slow Down," "I Cry," "School daze," and they closed down with "Spiritual dancer." Near the end they also played "Hotel California." When Grasshopper introduced it I thought why would this band play that song? Their originals were so tight I just couldn't figure it out. But as soon as they started playing it, i was hooked. They then played marley's "Waiting In Vain" and that one blew me away too. they were just hard-core roots with Grasshopper's amazing guitar work. Man, it was a great show...They'll be back in town again this saturday at the Show me reggae fest, so that'll be cool.

Gotta roll to work. Check em out if they come to your town. believe me, they lay down some crucial vibes...

keep skankin...
Professor Skank
<www.skankproductions.com>
September 24, 2004 02:37PM
Thanks for the review Daniel and All praises due to the most high, for without his inspiration we could not do the things we do. So although we love hearing these words from our peers, we know we must remain humble as it just a gift from Jah.
As I've said before we are looking forward to our return again too. Most brethren and sisthren did not even get a chance to be inner-gised it was so short but as "Arnie" says "We'll be back"!
Again give thanks for posting the review and Jah Bless!

Grasshopper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login