Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

positive-vibration-protest!

Posted by Randomguy2U 
positive-vibration-protest!
September 21, 2004 01:26PM
A....
Capleton is being told he can't play because of what he has to say. Everybody have a right to say what they want in this country. Eminem -50 Cent- It's our right to freedom of speech. U.S. Citizen-Canadian Citizen-Jamican Citizen. Long before Babylon drew borders.

cAPLETON has many words of wisdom. He voices his Anti-Gay Beliefs. Are they afraid we are going to form cult groups and kill gays. We all have our own minds and can decide what is right and what is wrong.

Regardless of whether I liked gays before or not. They took away my music and said I Can't see one of my favorite artists play. NO GAY NO SAY WHAT FI PLAY
Why they want to start this battle. It will only draw more hate towards them.

October 3rd is my birthday. I had one birthday wish and that was to see Capleton. They took that away. Now I have a new birthday wish.

But maybe this is part of something much bigger. It is JAh Will. They are taking our rights away more everyday. It is time to GET UP STAND UP, fight for your rights. We want EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE. Do you know what it means to have a Revolution, what it takes to make a solution. We Need a POSITIVE VIBRATION PROTEST. That's the only way they will listen.

Calling all freedom fighters, calling all binghis, bobos, fire dancers, voters, drummers, musicians, rappers, artists, fire breathers, leaders, followers, listeners, people who like to voice their opinion and people that don't want to be put into any category. If you are fed up with the system and the government and the way things are run come to Golden Gate PArk oct. 2 and Oct. 3.

We need to have a positve vibratrion protest. Instead of whining about it. We need to show the world a solution. I have a vision. With WORD SOUND POWER. I need help. We need visuals. Art, Sculptures, POsters, Photos. We need picket signs with words of wisdom. I want to have people from the Medical Marijuana Foundation demonstrating or demonstrating all the uses of the herb. In particuilarly Industrial Use. We don't need OIL, we don't need blood for oil.
I want photos and quotes of all great people that were killed for what they had to say. Martin Luther King, Peter tOSH. I want to have a trade circle to represent another way of economy. I want to have a solar demonstration.

I might set up a website for this. I am making a CD of all the most uplifting revolutionary anthems out there. I have a lot more in mind. We need to get on the radio and on other websites and spread the message. I want to exchange ideas, get suggestions, and work together on this.

Jah is calling. We can't lie down and take it anymore. Too long the lion been sleeping in the jungle. WAKE UP! Lion haffi Roar! Jah Soldiers are marching forward never backward. Come to the heart of BAbylon, maybe it's the golden gate to Zion in the park. Come with positive vibrations and protest. Show the world the soution. It's time for revolution. With love in your heart good will conquer evil. OCTOBER 2nd and OCTOBER 3rd. Outside of Reggae in the Park in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco.

Either Capleton must play or Babylon must fall.
Re: positive-vibration-protest!
September 21, 2004 02:11PM
what a gay idea. be sure to wear pink. and for heavens sake USE PROTECTION.
September 21, 2004 02:22PM
How come I can't find Capleton's website?

Awakening
jbwelda
September 21, 2004 03:14PM
thats all well and good but before you set yourself up as a laughing stock, you should check into some modern interpretations of the first amendment (which, by the way, only covers US citizens, not canadians, jamaicans, etc). those interpretations pretty much agree: yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre is not protected speech under the first amendment. neither by the way is inciting or advocating violence against people or groups of people.

now there is a chance that one could say capleton doesnt advocate violence. that might stand though a close look at his lyrics might suggest otherwise (and dont try that metaphor business, that definately will not stand). my contention would be that capleton isnt even near the worst of the breed and they (see below) are picking on him through a mix of old information, ignorance and him being an easy target.

but also remember, the first amendment says you have the freedom of speech. it most DEFINATELY does not say that any certain person has to pay you to get up on a pulpit and exercise that freedom. that means the promoters of this gig have absolutely no legal obligation to present any performer they dont want to, regardless of the content or lack thereof of his lyrics, speech or whatever. and also remember this is put on by global exchange, a human rights organization with major ties to amnesty international which it goes without saying is a human rights organization.

so i would suggest you take it on the chin on this one and perhaps save your sign making money and invest in a trip to jamaica where you can revel in this and much worse to your hearts content.

remember: im just giving advice based on some legalities. i support capletons right to express himself within the boundaries of the first amendment, even though that doesnt strictly to him, and like i said i think he has toned down his act sufficiently that it would pass even amnesty internationals guidelines (were they to actually apply it to reality and not rumour). but i would not and cannot support someone saying to go out and harm people based on anything *legal* that they do. this is still a land of laws (much as that bothers the current administration) and you cannot just follow the laws that are convenient to you to follow and expect to be able to ignore both the laws that you dont like AND the consequences from such actions.

anyway, best of luck on your protest but i doubt you will get more than a handful of recruits.

one final thing: lions dont live in the jungle, they live out on the plain. check it.

one love
jah bill
September 21, 2004 03:33PM
A...
Jah Bill
I appreciate your comments. Iam not advocating violence. But I am fed up with the system. I don't care what your babylon laws say. Mankind was saying and singing whatever they want long time before your first ammendment was written, long before the laws existed, long before written His-Story, before your borders.
True the promoters and Global Exchange can let whoever play. The said they would bring Capleton. Then they took it away.
Maybe I won't get any reruits. Maybe it'll be just me. Maybe we should all lay down in our boxes and watch TV and not do anything. What's your next right to be taken away. I have much more to say.
In this modern time the Lion is sleeping in the concrete jungle. It is time he awoken.
September 21, 2004 03:44PM
Forget Reggae in the Park, they are famous for the ol "bait and switch".. Come see so and so but really you get Toots and Culture... Randomguy save your time and money and do not go, that's my plan. Catch Capleton in Sac or Chico, celebrate your Bday and hit reggae in the park where it counts, Pocketbook. They probably could care less but supposedly it is a fund raiser and with the 4 tix I would have bought for my family plus yours, we are already starting to make a little dent. I may have to sneak somebody in to see if beanpie guy is there, but he is the only reason I would have to go.. IMO the time slots and the fact that the show ends before most reggae performers usually wake lends me to believe the sets will suck like the past, IMO... Can somebody address the rumor that Men in wedding dresses get in free with a can of food? Anyways been reading the posts and wanted to drop my dime... I liked your legal response JahBill but I wonder how some of these hiphop artists get away with their lyrics? They seem far worse than what is coming from the Dancehall scene...

norcaljahman
September 21, 2004 03:45PM
If rights are your real concern, you'd much better focus your energies on the up coming election than Capleton's cancelled appearance in what is after all the gay capital of the world.
September 21, 2004 04:04PM
Good points Jah Bill regarding the First Amendment (which does apply to everyone in the U.S.), but this is NOT a first amendment issue, it's an issue of choice.

The promoters are free to put whoever they want on the bill, it's their choice. And we, as fans, are free to see whatever concert a promoter puts on that we want to. It's our choice. Personally, i think that's the way it should be.....

If you don't like RITP because their sets are too short or because you believe they do a 'bait and switch' with artists (which is really not the case), then don't go. If you don't like the fact that the promotors decided to drop Capleton (for what I agree is a bit of an 'overreach' on this whole bun battyman thing), then do go with your protest signs.

But remember, in order to protect your right to 'pickett' RITP, you have to also recognize the rights of others to pickett and protest a reggae event. That's exactly what happened here. Unfortunately for you Random, the number of people protesting the announced appearance of Capleton greatly exceeds the number of people bawling for Capleton to be on the bill. And you don't have to wait until your birthday to have your voice heard.... Just give Events West a call and let them know what you think.
jbwelda
September 21, 2004 04:06PM
seen randomguy, but heres just one more comment:

>Mankind was saying and singing whatever they want long time before your first
>ammendment was written, long before the laws existed, long before written His-
>Story, before your borders.

again a bit of history might be in order. before the first amendment (but probably sometime after "borders"winking smiley "mankind" was also being killed and left to rot in prison because of what they said. and therefore they were VERY circumspect about what they said and in no way had freedom of speech. this has been true in pretty much every society throughout history: you risked your life by saying unpopular things and that risk was not merely metaphorical. so what you refer to as my "babylon laws" protect you while they also restrict you. by the way, i didnt make the laws so im unsure why you refer to them as my laws just because i cite them in a discussion.

good comeback on the "lion" bit though, and maybe it will help if i add i agree with your intent if not your proposed methods or rationale.

i cant really address how the "hiphop artists" do something because i have little or no knowledge of them or what they do or say. but i think if they were to attempt to work for an org like global exchange you would see much the same thing happening. remember: this is not a government thing, it is a privately sponsored show in a publicly owned park put on by a human rights organization. capleton (or worse) or (the more radical) hiphop artists probably would not have problems if this were just a show at the avalon or somewhere. and youre also right about ritp often playing the shell game...it does seem they often announce a lineup and come concert weekend none of the originally advertised artists are on the bill anymore.

one love
jah bill
Acacia
September 21, 2004 04:14PM
"I want to have people from the Medical Marijuana Foundation demonstrating or demonstrating all the uses of the herb. In particuilarly Industrial Use. We don't need OIL, we don't need blood for oil.
I want photos and quotes of all great people that were killed for what they had to say. Martin Luther King, Peter tOSH. I want to have a trade circle to represent another way of economy. I want to have a solar demonstration."

A word of advice to anyone trying to stage a protest for anything: DO NOT do it this way. Stick to the cause you are protesting for. What does Medical Marijuana have to do with cancelled artists because of lyrical content? What does blood for oil have to do with it? Trade circle for another way of economy? Solar power? These type of misdirected protests will only guarantee that nobody will listen to any of what you are trying to say. You may think that you will reach like-minded people with all these issues but all that it really does is confuse people and drown out the original issue. Muddling it up like this will be your downfall.

And BTW, I think it's a bad idea any way you look at it.
September 21, 2004 04:19PM
Just makes you sound like an angry stoner. winking smiley
Acacia
September 21, 2004 04:25PM
AND, I think most of the people who would agree with you on all those extraneous things would not support you calling for an artist who spits gay-bashing lyrics.
September 21, 2004 04:37PM
Now I have a picture of him rallying his crowd in San Francisco on all those issues and then getting to "and we have to fight for our right to stand up on that stage and sing 'Boom Bye Bye' to these little pink suited nazi's ". Good luck soldier...
Acacia
September 21, 2004 04:53PM
That's funny smiling smiley
September 21, 2004 10:24PM
The only problem with that CSUS show is it being on a Thursday night. Not a possibility for those of us who live two hours away.

Strange how Clear Channel was willing to stand up for Capleton's right to speak, but Global Exchange was not.
September 22, 2004 12:41AM
>tha mis-overstanding seen here is to i* is all of the other groups/artists playing have anti-gay lyrics or beleif stances aswell. so why is it dem single out capleton because maybe he sings louder? im not really sure here but one reason mite be which i* posted on another thread is after a handfull of other recent events obvoius related shows a conspiracy string line almost a clear hit list of jamaican performer victims. so random guy i* hear ya cry but if your really gonna do sumting in fairy land(san francisco),do sumting smart. be concious of public moves & never give up your mission or it will easy give up on u. -RASpects+
September 22, 2004 07:59AM
"Strange how Clear Channel was willing to stand up for Capleton's right to speak, but Global Exchange was not".
Maybe because Clear Channel is a right wing corporation and doesn't have a problem with anti-gay lyrics. That's actually the main problem I have with this issue, it's a very Christian conservative right wing attitude, just delivered by a more entertaining messenger than the usual Pat Robertson / Patrick Buchannan types.
September 22, 2004 08:55AM
I was waiting for somebody to make that connection Bufo.
Acacia
September 22, 2004 09:53AM
Hey, Fairyland is in Oakland.
pat
September 22, 2004 10:12AM
yo awakening, here is his official website:

[www.capletonmusic.com]
TR-808
Re: idiot-protest!
September 22, 2004 10:23AM

this "randomguy2U" is a total steaming coiler.. been on here before posting as "jason" and also "negative nelly", crying about other stupid garbage.

file him in:

a) dustbin

b) doesn't get it

c) windup artist

d) waste of time

e) any or all of the above

yep
September 22, 2004 10:25AM
"Fairyland" - Has anyone seen movie Breakfast of Champions?
TR 856
September 22, 2004 10:34AM
I think that if people want to object to their clubs being used as rallying points for fascist bully boys they should have every opportunity to do so. I didn't like to see Arthur Stuyvestant and his U-Seless Sound in the Knee Joint last week and I'm sure there are many who agree with me, not all of them New York liberals. I think that the White House should not allow those who come here to espouse religious bigotry and race hate. Go back to England Stuyvestant where you belong!

Sonny Barger Altamont
jbwelda
September 22, 2004 10:41AM
sonny is going to be very interested to hear someone is impersonating him.

one love
jah bill
September 22, 2004 11:19AM
The white house is too busy espousing it's own religous bigotry and race hate abroad to worry about that crap.. My problem is why should I moraly have to agree with homosexuality? Legally I am open for a person to practice what they want in their own privacy but I should never have to morally accept the crap. Seems like every night I turn on the news and there they are, a minimal % of society pushing the agenda of the country...? Give them all the legal rights they want so they can go back to their homes and get out of the Media.

More Fire
September 22, 2004 01:36PM
They probably have no objection to Capleton prancing around in his own home espousing bigotry.
September 26, 2004 04:34PM
A....
I have wrote on this website under many names. You can't judge a book by its cover. I Want a demonstration of marijuana for industrial use to show that there is a solution. And if somenone feels strongly enough about that then they will make it happen. Education is the key to betterment in this modern time. Capleton not beilng allowed to play is just the spark that start the fire. We can use this to rally all the people. Turn this negative into a positive. We can't lay down and let it happen. To all those haters who don't like what I have to say, good I hear you. And you have a right to say it. WITHOUT ANY APOLOGIES.

MORE FIRE! MORE FIRE! MORE FIRE! MORE FIRE!
Stop smoking industrial marijuana !
September 26, 2004 05:34PM
That's a seriously mixed message, Capleton being barred is the spark to rally people to see that industrial use of marijuan is the solution to something ? Did I get that right ? Somebody call the fire department !
September 27, 2004 02:22PM
Step 2 successfully completed
September 27, 2004 02:39PM
Last Night we had a takeover of a certain small town radio station in Northern California. 2 weeks Ago Capleton wasn't being played. So we had a takeover armed with words of wisdom, righteousness, and positivity. And a bag of CD's

Long time ago Bob Marley wasn't being played on the radio stations where his music and his message could be heard by more people. So he with many others would go to the radio station and have a takeover.

I also saw it in a movie called "Rockers" once.

We went into the radio staion and cooperated with the guest DJ for the evening. We played only the most carefully selected positive message, revolutionary songs. Starting off with TAKING OVER by Sizzla. Many great Capleton songs were heard, and I spoke a few words. Including linking people to this chat right here. I will give you a song list if you like.

If this is possible many more things are possible. I am contacting Bay Area Radio Stations next. A lot of people watch TV. What do U think I.
September 27, 2004 02:40PM
Want to help with step 6 or 7?
September 27, 2004 03:27PM
Oye o yeah
TR-808
I have many names you want to hear them all? I would be happy to share them with U? file him under

A) Missed the message .....when Jah is calling

cool smiley 54-46 that's my number

C) A wolf in Sheep's clothing

D) The Man behind the curtain in the wizard of OZ

E) Babylon System

F) A waste of Jah Time

G) All of the above

Mi Gone....Ya Se Fue.....
September 27, 2004 07:26PM
->observer style ha,he ketchy shuby* chant on->1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Papa Ranking
September 28, 2004 09:47AM
Bob marly,peter tosh,capelton,big deal.
September 28, 2004 12:40PM
"This is not a counsel of despair. Our ownlife has demostrated that we are incapable of despair. Men will die in defence of priciple; men will sacrifice their all rather than compromise themselves and renounce that which distinguishes them from beasts - their moral faculty. If this force in men can but be awakened anf focused on the problems of each day, we shall survive each day to dawn of each tomorrow, and in this survival guarantee to our children and our children's children a liftime of peace and security, under justice and right, and under God."
-Haile Selassie*
September 28, 2004 03:44PM
stay positive
positive_vibes
September 29, 2004 06:59AM
just wanted to share some links i was looking at

[www.gay.com]

[www.blink.org.uk]
Acacia
September 29, 2004 11:18AM
"Such minor details will not bother the homosexual fourth Reich though, as they gather momentum in their quest for their sexual lifestyle becoming predominant."

Hey, how did he get a copy of the gay agenda?
October 04, 2004 11:07AM
The disase is spreading. I went to SF reggae in the park and protested for Capleton. Then I went to Santa Cruz and protested there at the catalyst. I am not done. They think they have won. But we've only just begun. What are U gonna do I?
Selecta
October 04, 2004 11:11AM
you should be protesting that COCO TEA DID NOT PLAY.....Its to bad about Capleton but tea is in the middile of it all and has quality that capleton can not touch.
October 04, 2004 11:11AM
A...
Sorry to bring up a topic that's already been discussed. Sorry for breaking your babylon rules about how much to speak. But I am going to continue to bring this up until Capleton plays. I am directing more and more people to this chat right here. So for those out there that don't care about the message

Sit Down
Shut Up
Smoke herb
listen to the music
you have no @#$%& rights.
October 04, 2004 11:17AM
I cannot sleep until CAPLETON plays
October 04, 2004 11:36AM
I am taking over the radio. I am going to tell people to come to this website and this chat, topic, thread. Speak your minds.

"We're taking over
Righteousness we declare."-SIZZLA
October 04, 2004 11:40AM
I-N-I
have many more things planned.
October 04, 2004 11:42AM
SELECTA-
A man named selecta should speak on behalf of the music. Sounds like U need to hear more Capleton and Sizzla. And it also sounds like I need to hear more Cocoa Tea. More Reggae pon di radio.
October 04, 2004 11:46AM
:"shut up" "you have no rights". ???
October 04, 2004 11:58AM
"Get up Stand up Fight for your rights."- Bob Marley and Peter Tosh.
If you don't stand up, what is your alternative?
October 06, 2004 12:51PM
At the protest FOR CAPLETON many opposers said have you heard the song, have you heard the album. I have heard most of the songs, most of the albums. For whatever song they mean I've got 10 songs for them. They need to hear more Capleton and Sizzla, so does the world. Where are they now?
Acacia
October 06, 2004 02:14PM
Ah, I see. And I bet you're wearing your "Listen to Sizzla" shirt right now...
October 06, 2004 02:41PM
randomguy2u seh ""Get up Stand up Fight for your rights."- Bob Marley and Peter Tosh.
If you don't stand up, what is your alternative?"

An alternative is the gay right groups don't say anything. But it's too late for that, they are already standing up for their rights.

Listen, if they were totally baseless accusations, I wouldn't thing they would be so very successful at halting the live performances of the offending artists.

Think about it.
Acacia
October 06, 2004 02:46PM
Randomguy2u reminds me of Taz.
October 06, 2004 02:49PM
Except he's not tearing through anything but this board.
October 06, 2004 02:51PM
I think she means he is not getting very far, wasted energy, like the time Buggs made him a bubble gum chicken.

Maybe we should order him up a she-devil from Acme.

Post Edited (10-06-04 14:52)
October 06, 2004 02:55PM
Too bad Daniel you don't have the ability to merge all posts relating to the same topic into one. We could use that on more than one occasion.
October 06, 2004 03:11PM
Well I did email that suggestion to the guy who started this post at the same time as about 7 others on the same topic....
October 08, 2004 03:31PM
I have no "Listen to Sizzla" T-shirt

money fi bun
think about this maybe it's not just gays that are flexing this much power. Bob Marley and Peter Tosh were killed for their revolutionary words and music and message. A lot of people are listening to to Sizzla and Capleton. This is another way of shutting them out. And personally I think all that try to stomp out this movement are with the shitstem. And with that I might let this post die, but there are many others that need to read it. But I will stick to new topics and info.
October 08, 2004 03:42PM
And Babylon have a lot of Money Fi Bun
flip
October 08, 2004 04:19PM
"Bob Marley and Peter Tosh were killed for their revolutionary words and music and message."

Ok first of all Bob was not killed by anybody.....
Peter was murdered in part because he was stubborn as hell and stuck to his convictions. You know things like equal rights, legalizing herb, african pride

Second of all seeing Bob and Peter's names in the same area as Capleton and Sizzla made me vomit on my keyboard.

Honestly I'm not a big Sizzla or Capleton fan. I saw Capleton in Tahoe and he was pretty good. It's just not my bag. I did have a chance to see Fizzla at SNWMF 02 or 03 but he bailed.......

Anyway....I'll give you that Sizzla and Gaypleton both have a few good tunes. (Rather generous of me) They also have more garbage than Staten Island.

Bob put out quality material from start to finish with few exceptions. He addressed social and political issues with metaphors more eloquent/clever than Bun the Chi Chi.
I don't think Peter was as consistent as Bob but they were both great artists with great lyrical content.

There is no comparison. If people were protesting a Bob Marley show I'd be with you.......and if Capleton and Sizzla had 1/3 of the talent of Bob or Peter they'd probably write better songs and cause less ruckus...
Inferno
October 09, 2004 10:28AM
Bob Marley is a Rasta and as a Rasta he is against homosexuality which he states in many of his songs. Again this is what happens when people don't listen carefully to music. So don't appropriate Bob Marley as Mr. One Love who went for anything and everything because that is not the truth, homosexuals appropriating him for their purposes is just as wrong as neo conservatives appropriating Martin Luther King for theirs. Based on his beliefs as a Rasta, it is "my opinion" that he would stand with his brethren on the issue of homosexuality, even some of his sons have spoken out in a similar fashion againgst homosexuality, jr gong certainly has in his music, are they next on the "hit list"?

"AND IT WAS WRITTEN, UP IN THE BOOK OF LIFE" JR GONG/CAPLETON
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login