Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CANNONS/DYLAN JUDAH BREAKUP

Posted by SHAUN O 
CANNONS/DYLAN JUDAH BREAKUP
September 26, 2004 11:41PM
Just for people to know the truth Cannons always was Dylan Judah. He created and molded the group writing all the material (lyrics and music)for the first album and 90% of the content of Life Elements Vision. There truly were no "Cannons" as the members of the band never remained constant and were continually changing. Dylan could have easily kept the name Cannons for his back up group but chose for a fresh start. So to get to basics, any band backing up Dylan Judah is Cannons. I know many former members and players of Cannons as well as Dylan. That is the reality of "Cannons". It was just a name Dylan chose to represent his talent and his songwriting with. Until now.........
Re: CANNONS/DYLAN JUDAH BREAKUP
September 26, 2004 11:46PM
Interesting didnt know that. Thanks Shaun
Zana
September 27, 2004 03:06PM
Funny that I've been on this board for 2 years now and this is the first mention of Cannons and Dylan. I always gave them props if the subject they fit into came up though.
Thanks for the insight. I'll pass that info to my friends who live in Santa Barbara who are wondering what happened to "Cannons".
jbwelda
September 27, 2004 04:18PM
zana note that all the praise and all the "cross banter" comes from the same server. looks like dylan judah is big on self promotion.

one love
jah bill
Zana
September 27, 2004 05:04PM
Ah....
Well there you go then.
September 27, 2004 05:09PM
I never knew they were together.
September 27, 2004 09:14PM
Yo here to let you know JUDAH has no need to self promote. His ting is blowing up allover. CALI, EUROPE, JA. Many fans check for JUDAH so before you play detective jus give the man his props!!!Maybe all the message come from a college or other communal internet.
September 28, 2004 01:38AM
They aren't necessarily the same people just because their IP is the same.
September 28, 2004 03:41AM
The Cannons, I remember doing a gig with them @ the HOB in Hollywood. They were a cool band. Well, I guess I'll just go ahead and plug my website while I'm at it!!!lol www.betterchemistry.net
Thanks for the details on the Cannons.
jbwelda
September 28, 2004 03:42PM
>They aren't necessarily the same people just because their IP is the same

that is true. its also true that its a very big coincidence, especially if its not one of the major isp's (but it was verizon which isnt a little fish).

but whatever, i just wanted to point it out, i didnt want to make a federal case out of it.

one love
jah bill
Papa Ranking
September 28, 2004 04:36PM
Cannons Judah,never heard of him,them
UK reggae fan
September 28, 2004 06:03PM
Dylan Judah is blowing up in Europe? So how come nobody in London has ever heard of him?
Papa Ranking
September 28, 2004 06:23PM
EXACTLY!!!!
Papa Ranking
Who?
September 28, 2004 06:25PM
Blowning up JA?your having a laugh.
UK reggae fan
September 28, 2004 06:51PM
Maybe I should clarify things here. No disrespect to Dylan Judah but whoever's behind his PA campaign masquerading as hype should know this: No American reggae artist has ever buss in Europe, nor will they, 'cos we've got too much sense for that. Ask Zema, she's been trying for years & never made it. Can anyone name me one US reggae artist with distribution, exposure, tours etc in Europe? No, I didn't think so. Thanks....
Rasta KEN
September 28, 2004 09:28PM
Listen to the reggae radio show on the BBC also check thier playlist. They've been playing JUDAHS tracks since the album drop. If you dont think JUDAH is in JA check for his single "PRAISES TO THE KING" on the "CHAPTER A DAY RIDDIM"( Miller) JUDAH'S single has been getting nuff love other artists on the riddim include LUCIANO and SUGAR BLACK. The video him and SUGAR cut entitled "TOO MUCH GUNZ" is on air in JA (Depending on hurricane) and Hawaii and will soon be on the BBC. The riddim for that one is rough and I believe it was created in London. Anyway all bandwagon riders step off. You need to check for the words of HAILE SELASSIE. Where a man comes from and the color of his skin has no bearing on his spirituality or his artistic talent. You hear JA and you run run come monkey follow monkey.dont think the real thing has to come from this place or that place. Its in your SOUL
Rasta KEN
September 28, 2004 09:53PM
YO UK REGGAE FAN , you sound like you have a very ignorant perception of the world.plenty US reggae artists have distribution and have toured in Europe. Judah is gettin ready to head to Portugal in OCT. Plus even if they hadnt are you the REGGAE GOD that says they never will? Stop fighting against yourself (if you are a fan of reggae) and let people live their lives. you dont control the world ,Reggae or otherwize. The "hype" as you called it happens to not come from a PR or any other ism just JUDAH'S true fans. By the way I happen to be a native of JA, orange hill westmoreland and I dont appreciate you trying to put reggae into a little box. If you want to know whats up with JUDAH go to his website thats what I&I do.UNITY
September 28, 2004 10:24PM
yo rasta ken (are you really rasta?) - so who is the american artist(s) who have made it big in europe??
Zana
September 28, 2004 11:41PM
Dylan has a great voice and all, etc, etc. but why all of a sudden are there so many posts about him?
It just seems weird. Very unlike this board. I've been on here awhile and this is a first.
Cheers!
September 28, 2004 11:49PM
its a mass p.r. frenzy. and hey, there is a first for everything, even showing up at club raven huh zana?
Zana
September 29, 2004 12:15AM
I don't understand that last part dirtweed? Are we suppose to meet up there for some event? Club Raven is different. Been there only once years ago.

Hmm, massive pr thang huh? I wonder if other boards are getting hit as hard as this one is. It is actually having the opposite effect on me. Interesting idea though.
I should get a bunch of my friends together and hit up belly dance boards (yes there are a lot of them) about how Zaheea is blowing up. Get my name out there anyway.
Cheers!
September 29, 2004 12:41AM
zana thought you were going to harlows saturday nite for culture etc. there was talk of meeting up.. socals was cancelled due to no capelton at sack state. some of us are meeting at club raven before the show saturday. so, see ya?
Zana
September 29, 2004 01:23AM
Oh, I see. That is what that is all about. I haven't been reading that thread because I can't make it to the show and I'm depressed about it.
I can't make it to the show due to a prior obligation. I'm a judge at a Belly Dance Competition in the bay area. I probably won't even get back into town until late. I'd much rather go to the show though than be a judge. After party anyone??? I'd be down for that.
UK reggae fan
September 29, 2004 06:38AM
Cool down Rasta Ken, I'm just presenting the other point of view. If you're gonna claim an artist is blowing up all over Europe then you need to back that claim up with facts to support it. The main markets for reggae here apart from the Uk are France, Germany, Italy & Holland. Portugal ain't happening for reggae. When I see Dylan Judah being featured in mags like Echoes here, Riddim in Germany, Natty Dread in France... when I see his records in the shops....when I hear him on all the radio shows... when I see him touring all over important parts of the continent, then I'll believe the hype. And who are these plenty of US artists touring & being distributed here? I'd love to know, cos I certainly haven't seen any. One love...
regpara
September 29, 2004 08:07AM
from Young Tree Records:

European Tour: Groundation will be touring throughout Europe this fall. Tour dates will be released in the near future at the Shows section of <www.groundation.com>

regpara
September 29, 2004 08:09AM
pat
September 29, 2004 01:26PM
not too sure about all these... but here are some US reggae bands that (I believe) have European distribution and have possibly toured or have plans to tour thier soon:
Groundation
John Browns Body
Jah Works
Big Mountain

Please correct me if I am mistaken...

I do agree with UK reggae fan though, US reggae is not a big industry in Europe. I had never heard of Dylan Judah until this post, and I am from the same country as him.
Regardless of all of this, it does not matter where one comes from, and I dont think where one comes from puts a mark, or a limit on ones talent as an artist or musician.
one blood
jbwelda
September 29, 2004 04:28PM
zana, the show at harlows probably wont even start until 10pm and it will go until 2, so unless youre really late coming back from the city you should probably be able to reach in time.

i think im just going to check coco tea and then probably split. i have some things to do sunday morning that cant be put off. saturday i will be in the city during the day and wont make it back to sacto until early evening, so im probably not going to be into a real late night. coco tea is the only artist on the bill of much interest to me anyhow.

about the PR thing, be careful. what you saw here was the wrong way to do it. pretending to talk to like minded folks when youre all on the same server just smells funny. you (and dj's manager if thats who he is/was) should have come on here and been straight: hey im his manager, hes great, heres where hes playing, heres whats happening with him and his band, any djs out there want some comp cds to play, etc. its a bit more respectful of your (potential) audience to not try to play games with them.

apologies to the guy if this is all not true, but if it is true, he/she should rethink their publicity strategy. people aint fools, by and large.

one love
jah bill
September 29, 2004 04:35PM
zana - if you post the bellydance sites here i am sure you will get some of us praising The Great Zaheea and her world-class belly on those boards. i would assume zoki would also post there, knowing how much he fantasizes about bellys.
Zana
September 29, 2004 05:59PM
Outa context here, but thanks anyway. =)
September 29, 2004 06:21PM
"out of context here" ... its ok to hijack advertisements.
Zana
September 29, 2004 06:32PM
Yeah, but would anybody besides zoki care? =)
Cheers!
P.R.
April 16, 2006 03:13AM
Oh yeah, I remember those guys............way back ........! Great musicians. Check out 'CORNERSTONE' from Santa Barbara, this is the premiere roots band regulating the area with consciousness and positivity. I'm just a fan and a friend and these guys are great for the roots music connoisseur! + + + for your local roots musicians while they're around!
POO
April 16, 2006 04:44AM
April 16, 2006 04:31PM
Groundation!!!
And we can't forget Ooklah The Moc or John Brown's Body.
Anyhow,
Big up Cannons and Dylan...it's been a long time. Ken, Nate, Gabe hope you all are still keeping vibes and music a flowin'.
Mike J.

April 16, 2006 04:46PM
How did I forget my friends in the East SOJA...BIG BIG UP to SOJA crew representing true roots vibes. Can't wait to see you guys this May.
Mike
a
April 16, 2006 04:55PM
a
April 16, 2006 05:00PM
Thought Maybe Shinehead was a new yorker who plays europe, but he's from Kent. Ras Shiloh will have to do i guess. a
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login