Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coco Tea needs to tour alone...

Posted by Irie I 
Irie I
Coco Tea needs to tour alone...
September 29, 2004 02:04PM
or with someone else because all these cancelations because of the Fire man is @#$%& stupid.
Kind Herb
Re: Coco Tea needs to tour alone...
September 29, 2004 05:22PM
Don't know about the cancellations, but the last time I saw Coco Tea & Capleton, I felt that Coco Tea definately put on the better show out of the two.

Will let you know if I still feel the same after seeing them open up for Culture this Friday night.

: )

Kind Herb
Irie I
September 29, 2004 07:06PM
Coco is much better live in my oipinion. Capleton needs to stop screaming and giving the mic to the crowd on EVERY HOOK. I paid to see caplton sing not some hippies in the front row.
jbwelda
September 29, 2004 07:14PM
>I paid to see caplton sing not some hippies in the front row.

ha ha. i SO agree with that.

one love
jah bill
Acacia
September 29, 2004 07:15PM
Exactly, me too.
September 29, 2004 08:01PM
And those ramblin, repetetive accapella's need reigning in as well. OK, OK, we heard it the the first 5 times, very clever, singing with out the beat, sounds crap though !
September 30, 2004 04:56AM
If it allows the T man longer sets, I'm all for it. Still, Capleton's name is a bigger draw, which I'm sure is why the singer has stuck with the DJ for this long now.
Irie I
September 30, 2004 01:08PM
Exactly Chimino...but isnt there someone else to tour with that will draw the heads but not mess everything up?? Beres Hammond, Sanchez & Coco Tea tour would do me fine. Or Anthony B & Coco Tea
jbwelda
September 30, 2004 03:58PM
so, you coming into sacto for this show chimino?

one love
jah bill
September 30, 2004 07:13PM
I was hoping to, but I work down here til 8 on Saturday, which cuts it too close when it comes to catching Amtrack up there, grabbing a shower & checking an overnight bag into a hotel etc, just for (as you rightfully pointed out) 30 minutes of Cocoa Tea.
I caught them both at Carifest in New York last year. The sets were too short, I hope we both live long enough that I can hear an hour-long+ set from Tea one of these years.
jbwelda
September 30, 2004 07:16PM
im now thinking that assuming the show starts on time (a big assumption, i know), coco tea will probably have an hour or so. im hoping anyway.

one love
jah bill
September 30, 2004 07:20PM
yea I hope so too, even tho I won't be there. enjoy
October 01, 2004 06:14PM
Let me say, Cocoa Tea just was drippin' sweetness all over us in St Louis,
9/26, what a singer, and uh, what's that term? Oh yeh, POSITIVITY. And when he
started singing over the riddem for John Holt's 'Stick By Me' it reminded
me how parts of his vocal range(without any obvious imitation)are as
fine as Mr Holt's(prettydamnfine in my book). The St Louis crowd loved every minute of his set.
Considering how long CT's been in the game(boy, did he make those by-then shop-worn Junjo riddems shine when he first came out in '83),& how great he's sounding today, he really deserves all our attention....

Capleton?? Respect, but a little of his 'fyah' go a helluva long way w/ my ears.
eric
October 02, 2004 08:40PM
Anthony B and Cocoa Tea, now that would be rippin'!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login