Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Camping New Melones & Directions

Posted by Andee 
Camping New Melones & Directions
March 10, 2004 12:10AM
Greetings....has anyone camped at new melones before and if so how was it? Also, last year some one posted excellent back road directions coming from the Sactown area but I've lost them....if you're out there (bun-n-cheese?) please re-post! many thanks and praises to all who are working so hard to make this event happen. God bless,
Andee
bun n cheese
Re: Camping New Melones & Directions
March 10, 2004 12:24AM
hmm, i dont use directions or babylonian maps. bun out the latitude, more fiya pon longitude.

seriously though, i just drive and follow the smell.

seriously though, i think it was dirtbag, not to be confused with dirtweed, that posted those directions last year.
jb welda
March 10, 2004 12:55AM
dont know exactly what instrux youre referring to but a back road way consists of :

1. get yourself to sacramento
2. find highway 16 i believe it is, aka "jackson highway"...cuts off of folsom blvd to the west or sunrise blvd to the east
3. follow 16 to turnoff to jackson which should be highway 49
4. follow hwy 49 past jackson and on to angels camp...there will be (official) road signs along the way. hwy 49 is a twisty country sort of road through a lot of old gold rush towns, but it is often crowded with tourists and plenty patrolled by cops. still if you keep more or less to the speed limit, esp in towns, its a fun little road race, er, drive.

having a map is not a bad plan

there are also myriad ways to get there cutting off of hwy 99 south from sacto and heading over to hwy 49 on back roads.

hope that helps

one love
jah bill
March 10, 2004 04:11AM
there is a link to it on the camping part of this site.

Michael
March 10, 2004 05:19PM
jahbill has it right as usual. hwy 16 to hwy 49 and you run right into angels camp. take a right at the stop sign and go straight (i mean forward) a coupla miles. just past the gloryhole store (gotta love that place). it is a beautiful drive but watch your speed, slow down and enjoy the drive. fyi dirtbag did not exist last year. dirtbag was created this year.
Irie-Sis
March 10, 2004 05:38PM
Last year we stayed the night at new melones and the gates close at a certain time and reopen around 4am i think it was but it was comfortable there and had good campsites. was first come first serve plenty of sites were empty last year. and we just got up early and headed over to the real camp smiling smiley
ODB
March 10, 2004 07:38PM
Nope sorry dirtweed , dirtbag left the board last year right about the time ODB stepped on to the board. strange coincidence dont ask how I know: ; )
bun n cheese
March 10, 2004 07:40PM
thats funny, i think that happened around the same time that crackhead left too and then the bun came round.
March 10, 2004 07:46PM
is the bun and the crack somehow related??
pirates booty
March 10, 2004 07:50PM
i dunt know what you are talking about.
ODB
March 10, 2004 08:00PM
Dirtbag and Crackhead were eliminated as part of a conscpiracy to make everyones name attractive. Damn illuminati.
bun n cheese
March 10, 2004 08:05PM
indeed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login