Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don Carlos Show Dates (Many)

Posted by Vincent 
Don Carlos Show Dates (Many)
November 04, 2004 06:24AM

November 5, 6, 7th

Hawaii
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 13

Lima, Peru

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 19th

The Vault 350

Long Beach, CA

Thurs Nov 25th

Ventura, CA The Drink

Fri Nov 26th

Petaluma, CA The Mystic Theatre

Sat Nov 27th

Fairfax, CA 19 Broadway

Mon, Nov 29

San Francisco, CA Studio Z

Tues, Nov 30

Santa Cruz, CA Vets Hall

Wed, Dec 1

Arcata, CA Mazzotti's

Thurs, Dec 2

Eugene, OR The Jungle

Friday, Dec 3

Olympia, WA Eagles Ballroom

Sat, Dec 4

Seattle, WA Les Amies

January 28, 29 and 30th

London, England

More info [www.maynameisdon.com]
Re: Don Carlos Show Dates (Many)
November 04, 2004 06:36AM
Hmm, I hope Club Dread doesn't cut his performance short like the others.

Respect for the listing...
jjlab3
November 04, 2004 09:12PM
Guess who's not coming to Sacramento?

Come on Don come see us in Sac.
November 04, 2004 09:59PM
I will talk to his road manager and see what he can do - I will let you know soon...

Vincent

jbwelda
November 04, 2004 10:11PM
a show at 19 b'way beats a suckto show anyday. and personally i will never set foot in harlows (not one of my favorites anyhow so no big loss) after that capleton fiasco. they are the babylonians for true.

why do they cut off acts at club dread aka i guess studio z? so jah bowers can play more? please, spare us.

one love
jah bill
November 04, 2004 10:27PM
jahbill - if you could only go to one show - would you go to mystic theater or 19 broadway? and why??
jbwelda
November 04, 2004 10:34PM
i dont know the mystic theatre dw, so i suppose i would choose 19 b'way. its kind of a dump but its small and the area (marin county) is a nice place to spend the next day, plus they usually get a decent turnout there. hopefully they have replaced the dibbi dibbi soundman there since i was last there (johnny osbourne earlier this year).

one love
jah bill
jjlab3
November 05, 2004 01:08AM
Jah Bill are you not going to shows in SF because he was cancelled there too? What about LA and Miami?

Get over the Sacramento hating. Harlow's books more diverse artists than any other place in Sacramento.

Bring Don Carlos here! He has many fans here.

Let Jah Bill drive 2 hours to the city in the rain to hang with the cool crowd.
jbwelda
November 05, 2004 01:24AM
where was he cancelled in sf?

ok i promise not to go to GG park then.

i will gladly drive 2 hours (actually 1.5 in a even medium speed car) to see a show in sf. its a much better vibe.

and harlows can fall off the edge of the earth as far as im concerned. they dont book "diverse" anything or they would have carried through with the capleton thing. they book PC acts there i guess...

have fun.

one love
jah bill
November 05, 2004 07:30AM
why do they cut off acts at club dread aka i guess studio z? so jah bowers can play more? please, spare us.

one love
jah bill
-----------------------------

lol@jah bowers. lol.
yea I probably will not make that show, have no idea why he's not performing a Berkeley. If the North Bay gets two the East Bay should get a show @ Ashkenaz or the Shattuck.
November 05, 2004 06:16PM
well - regarding don carlos is sacramental...notice the only date that would be available is a sunday. just like yami bolo and most other top reggae acts, they play sacramento on sundays. for the working class who have to get up monday mornings those sunday shows are difficult. i certainly know why sacktown gets the poopy dates and so does phil jackson.."hick town".
November 05, 2004 11:18PM
If you really want to see a show come on down Nov 30th to Santa Cruz at the Vets Hall. A double bill with Don Carlos and Prezident Brown. The venue is irie and no bad vibez at all. Nov 30thj-The Vibez Showcase V.1
Good Vibez
jbwelda
November 06, 2004 01:09AM
yes man but wish it was on a weekend!

one love
jah bill
November 06, 2004 05:45PM
The mystic is gonna be an excellent show, All ages shows at the mystic are rare, so having Don be one of their all ages shows is like the perfect opprotunity for all of us under-21's in the north bay. Peace
jjlab3
November 06, 2004 09:51PM
Shows by certain dancehall artists have been cancelled in Sacramento, SF, Santa Cruz, Hollywood, New Orleans, Etc.

Sizzla was denied entry into the UK.

Yes we hicks in Sac don't have the privilege of having all of the great shows that SF does. However, I am a Sac resident and try to see every reggae show in Sacramento so that more will be booked.

Sac is a cowtown, blah, blah, blah. I love the new elitist reggae clique.

Spend 4 hours on the freeway and boycott Harlows. Bwuahahaha! We are better off without Reggae snobs.

Have fun.

That said I am looking forward to shows in Sac by Yami Bolo, Mystafya,
sillysquirt
November 08, 2004 02:23AM
Just saw him with Eek-a-mouse last night. Several thousand people there. smiling smiley Very nice. Except when all the non-reggae lovers show up just to be seen and try to push there way to the front when there is no room. tongue sticking out smiley
November 08, 2004 06:12AM
How was eek-a-mouse ?
November 09, 2004 01:11AM
How was the Yami Bolo show. I was in Sac last night but had other obligations.
sillysquirt
November 09, 2004 08:35AM
eek-a-mouse was sucking it up right on the edge of the stage before he performed. He was really exciting. But he does have lewd tendencies. It was a lot of fun. Hawaii only gets big names a few times a year. smiling smiley
November 15, 2004 09:31AM
How about DC inna NY area?
never saw him performing here!!!!!!!
jah bless
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login