Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KEEP THE DANCE HALL BURNING

Posted by dosiaman 
KEEP THE DANCE HALL BURNING
January 11, 2004 04:29PM
At 2003 SNWMF the dance hall was so damn crucial I almost passed out- In America, especially on the West Coast where there are relatively few Carribean immigrants, we don't get WORLD-CLASS selectas like Stone Love, Stur Gav or Japan's Finest, Mighty Crown- much less all three in one festival!!! It was unbelievable last year, everybody was going nuts- It's what people at Reggae On the River are specifically deprived of- a late night dance. They can't even let some of the best reggae DJ's in the state spin FOR FREE after the shows because of some kind of noise curfew. So let's show our love for the fine job scheduling a complete show and hope for similar DJ's to light up the night after the amazing performers battle the sun in radiance. POSITIVE VIBES AND STRICTLY KILLER TUNES IN THE DANCE! ONE LOVE, Dosiaman
Re: KEEP THE DANCE HALL BURNING
January 11, 2004 04:46PM
Wow good post. I didnt understand the dancehall thing untill i moved to Houston where there is a massive island influence. Right when I got here I saw Johnny Osborne and U-Roy mash it up on a sound system. (check out the picture @ [www.geocities.com] ) Stone Love, Mighty Crown, Rodigan, so many sound systes come through. Its great getting to the dance at 2am just when it is starting to get hype. I hear so many dub plates and new riddims that I never would have heard if I didnt go to the dances. Only drawback is the violence and crazy **** that goes down at some of the dances, but thats reggae music at its core!
tb
Re: KEEP THE DANCE HALL BURNING
January 21, 2004 10:07AM
i agree, Big up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login