Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sneak peak

Posted by bun n cheese 
bun n cheese
sneak peak
January 12, 2004 05:22PM
I heard Alton Ellis is on the line up this year.

Any validity to that statement?

Anyone else signed on a dotted line yet?
Re: sneak peak
January 12, 2004 06:37PM
Ahhh the self imposed grandfather of rock steady!! Nice start, he puts on a good show.
January 13, 2004 06:59PM
Some announcements will be made in the next week or so, and I think Bun-n-Cheese will be well satisfied......
bun n cheese
January 13, 2004 07:37PM
bring it!!!
January 16, 2004 08:30PM
Horace Andy
January 19, 2004 06:06PM
hello bun-n-cheeze i only have 1 alton ellis disc - what is your favorite or recommendations??
bun n cheese
January 19, 2004 06:30PM
I have some various artist LP's with Alton Ellis and the Trojan comp Showcase on CD. Not much really. Nice tunes.

I suppose Cry Tough on Heartbeat or The Best of on Jamaican Gold would be good choices.

There is some really nice interview footage on the Studio One Story DVD.
bun n cheese
January 20, 2004 11:05PM
keep 'em coming

i know someone has some inkling's on who might be in the lineup.
john dillinger
January 21, 2004 10:13AM
jamaica rock- alton ellis 12 inch, slow and low roots music....
flip
January 21, 2004 06:36PM
horace andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
napabink
January 29, 2004 02:05AM
Don't let problems get you down. And put you inna hole. Just have faith and remember God. He will guide you along.
bun n cheese
February 23, 2004 09:20PM
keep 'em coming!!!
February 25, 2004 05:06AM
Bun n Cheese, do you love the Studio one story cd? It's the lovliest collection....I've been viewing the dvd as well, what a great record of that time period told by those who lived it....hope we meet at this years fest.....did ja see me sing with Warrior King at SN last year, did ja did ja, huh huh? I'll always be so proud of those too short shiny moments!
And anyone who makes a Frank Zappa muffin reference on this board has my respect. I have lots of Zappa vinyl, including Ruben and the Jets. He was quite an individual, with an apparent fondness for tweezers. I'm moving to Montana soon.
Peace, AAA
bun n cheese
February 25, 2004 09:07AM
bless sista. montana is something else. go check for glacier national park. take the drive to the top of the road of the gods. check for the billy goat and water fall. there is nothing more specatular on this rock they call earth. where are you moving to? Not much reggae out there, but I have been invited to DJ with a friends band who is doing a tour. I will pass this round, but may just do it next time. shoot me an email if you want to keep it on the DL. dj_xacto@yahooo.com.

i did see some of the warrior king! I was bouncing back and forth for Prince Buster.
i saw him at Long Beech just last weekend. him seh "sly and robbie bun out all gay ya ya" during virtuous ooman. so it go, that is for another thread.

in fact, I do love the studio one story. al capone c. a. p. o n. e. capone
lone ranger, horace andy, suger booger. all great stuff.

you sound like a righteous sista. nothing but love love love.

happy phat tuesday to one and all. this fussy baby is going to bed (hiccup!)
February 26, 2004 02:15AM
My Montana comment was a Frank Zappa lyric reference...."Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon"....I'm not going anywhere, as I just moved to Guerneville to be one with the redwoods and to get the fu*& out of Walnut Creek and a crappy relationship! I've been to Montana and it is indeed a lovely place to visit....but I wouldn't want to live there!
Peace, fussy baby on this here Ash Wed!
AAA
bun n cheese
February 26, 2004 04:56PM
ah, silly me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login