Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

REQUEST TO EMPRESS -- Welcome to Jamrock

Posted by solid rock 
solid rock
REQUEST TO EMPRESS -- Welcome to Jamrock
November 12, 2004 08:15PM

empress you mention in another thread something about liking Junior Gong, and that he may not be the top choice for the "hardcore" or elitist set...

well at the moment, the world of reggae is on your side. top boomshot being heard around the world is a recent reworking of an Ini Kamoze classic.. the result:

Daman 'Junior Gong' Marley "Welcome To Jamrock" (Ghetto Youth United)

for a sample, right-click and save: [solid.t10.net]

number one on Rodigan's chart, plus more and more...
Re: REQUEST TO EMPRESS -- Welcome to Jamrock
November 12, 2004 09:13PM
Massive, the original is an all time favorite, how could you go wrong ?
Do you know where to pick the 45 up in the bay area Solid ? Is there a rugged version on the flip ?
BMC
November 12, 2004 09:18PM
Yeah, you would expect Ernie to have this, but he doesn't and I don't think he did have it earlier. Really everyone says the tune is wicked! I'll try my luck in downtown Amsterdam tomorrow.
November 12, 2004 09:26PM
I've been checking all over since Sis Ali mentioned this a while back, possibly big tings a gwaan with licensing offers etc, 'cos this should have been on sale a while back.
Gordon
November 12, 2004 10:57PM
TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the heaviest tune this year by a mile.

Respect

Gordon
Fish
November 12, 2004 11:36PM
Big, big tune - it's great to hear a continuous conscious lyrical flow rather than overreliance on a catchy chorus. Amazing that those Kamoze rhythms are so under-versioned, considering how strong they are . . .
November 13, 2004 02:36AM
Wicked!! Thanks Nick, where can I get a copy? Any ideas when he'll have a new album out? I missed the last tour with all the Marley's, that was a serious blow to my musical lineup over the summer. He often tours around Feb for his dad's birthday, got a line on that one?
November 16, 2004 07:09AM
Hey Nick, How do I get this?
Professor Mushtaq
November 16, 2004 08:02AM
Wow -- that's a cracker of a tune.
Spleece
November 16, 2004 09:05AM

Ivier @ Wisdom Records SF gave me my copy, along with the Junior Reid version on Jammys. I still can't locat the Ini Kamozi on 7: tho....

-SPleece
DG
November 16, 2004 09:15AM
I think that Dub Vendor has it.
Jack Perilous
November 16, 2004 01:31PM
No version but a wicked dropping party tune on the other side "hey girl" with vocoder but also with some murderous chatting....one for the big-booty-gal! have been running it non stop every morning to wake up to!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login